The Very First Time You Saw The Last 30 Minutes Of Scarface...

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved it as a kid, though it is something of a slog for a 14 year old.....I think we first watched in like 99, double VHS tapes. When I was like 20 plus I realized Tony is the worst kind of person to be in business with, he's all ego, arrogance, machismo, no sense of strategy or insight. His actions led to his own downfall. All he had to do was

A: Take the money laundering charge, and go sit down for 2 years

B: Tell Sosa you would help coordinate, but couldn't risk going yourself.

If anyone was actually in the game, Frank, Manny, and Sosa were all better businessmen then Tony ever was.
:ohhh:

:patrice: frank

Daps
I noticed there was really no competition. Except for the Diaz brothers but they were only mentioned. Was omar really a snitch tho?. Did he know the hotel thing was a setup?. Frank told tony Sosa would send a hot squad after him and that's exactly what happen

There was competition, just none essential to the story. Then again when Tony connected with Sosa perhaps most were beneath him. I’m sure having that connect carried some weight. Tony was flipping 200 keys a month... As for Omar snitching is always a perception thing. If they think you’re snitching, you are. Can’t take the risk of finding proof beyond a reasonable doubt. His interactions and disdain for Tony give insight that he may have known. They way he was given the job it seem it was one Omar didn’t wanna do and figured if it went bad Tony was gone, if it went well he’d take credit which is prob why he wanted the money and the “yeyo” to give to Frank

Daps
I loved it as a kid, though it is something of a slog for a 14 year old.....I think we first watched in like 99, double VHS tapes. When I was like 20 plus I realized Tony is the worst kind of person to be in business with, he's all ego, arrogance, machismo, no sense of strategy or insight. His actions led to his own downfall. All he had to do was

A: Take the money laundering charge, and go sit down for 2 years

B: Tell Sosa you would help coordinate, but couldn't risk going yourself.

If anyone was actually in the game, Frank, Manny, and Sosa were all better businessmen then Tony ever was.

Maybe Frank and Sosa, although he was well connected and possibly second generation drug wealth. Manny had no drive or ambition. He was content peddling weed. Just happy to get outta Cuba, the camps and get to white women. Frank was too scared to have much success. His connections especially,with police, kept him afloat but the moment one of the competitors wanted what he had they would have taken it.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
The whole movie is a cinematic masterpiece:wow:

Tony moved on emotion,which is why Manolo was a good second in command, because he wasn't afraid to try to talk sense into Tony.
Can't say he wasn't smart,his emotion just overrides his intelligence.
He would have found a reason to not respect Sosa eventually either way,so they would have had to war one way or the other.
only person he respected in the movie without question was his mama who shytted on him thoroughly:wow:

And Gina didn't want to really fukk Tony,lets not put that out there.

Daps
That's what I was saying. Tony was the head of his organization but was still a soldier. But I guess Sosa wanted tony to do it personally
Yeah...he wanted Tony to go because deep down inside Sosa didn't initially trust him because he didn't fully understand his connection to Omar and Frank...this hit would've made Tone untouchable...forever.

Daps
First time I saw Scarface I was in 6th grade. My older cousin put on Reservoir Dogs and Scarface back to back. (my parents would've killed him if they knew he was letting me watch it) My first reaction to Scarface to be honest is I didn't know what the hell was going on. I just remembered Manolo lying in bed with the naked chick, but that last 30 minutes is what caught my attention the most, especially the shootout at the end. Though I had already seen the "Say hello to my little friend" clip before so it wasn't that much of a shock to me.

Scarface didn't really resonate with me until I saw it when I was older and really followed along with the plot. Now it's one of my favorite flicks.
:flabbynsick:Damn young fella... I was watching this shyt with my grandparents on HBO in '85 eating oven baked sugar cookies. :wow: