The Umbrella Academy - Season 2 (7.31.20/Official Thread)

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Yeah - wait on it. :whoa:

wait for it. :sas2:

So maybe I missed something but I didn't see Luther really do anything. I see he has Pogo's blood and most likely the simian strength to go along with it but if that's the case then what was his gift prior to that?

I never heard of the comic but I liked this show a lot. Ready for season 2 already. A lot of it was predicable in a general sense but still had a good amount of surprising moments

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
So maybe I missed something but I didn't see Luther really do anything. I see he has Pogo's blood and most likely the simian strength to go along with it but if that's the case then what was his gift prior to that?

I never heard of the comic but I liked this show a lot. Ready for season 2 already. A lot of it was predicable in a general sense but still had a good amount of surprising moments

He was Captain America perfect, basically. With super strength. It's never spelled out exactly, but it's the reason Hargreeves made him his "favorite". He was perfect. We only see the fallout of this "perfection"/favoritism in the fact that Luther refuses to acknowledge that Hargreeves was a horrible father and an abominable piece of shyt. And how hard he takes failures.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I dont know what episode, but they showed a flashback where the kids stopped a bank robbery. In it they show Luther drop down from a glass ceiling and throw one of the bank robbers out of like a 3rd story window into the streets. Dude had super strength even before the ape dna was spliced into him. I actually think it made him weaker than before. At the very least slower and less coordinated.

godliness

• M Δ § † ë ® ¥ °
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Hands on Green Money
Woah hold up.. Vanya on some beyond two souls type shyt :ohhh:. Ellen was in that too.
So did the father know she really had abilities or naw? Lowkey I think she might be the strongest/most special. Was the father purposely suppressing her abilities and self esteem?? And if so why would he do that? :jbhmm:

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Ive been binge watching since last night

I low key can't get enough. this is what X-Men tv shows should've been. This is probably one of the best Superhero-type shows ever created. From the story, characters, visual style, plot etc.

I just got on the second to last episode. I'm low-key pissed but still all in

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
I'm not even done with the first ep and they fukking nailed it. :mjcry:

Not only that, but they nailed the casting, and the slight changes in character they made from the source material, it only accentuates and enhances the story. :mjcry:

I haven't read through this thread yet, but I'm certain some of you marathonned this shyt.... cause you felt you had no choice. :mjcry:
I’m on episode 4.....can’t stop won’t stop:wow:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Woah hold up.. Vanya on some beyond two souls type shyt :ohhh:. Ellen was in that too.
So did the father know she really had abilities or naw? Lowkey I think she might be the strongest/most special. Was the father purposely suppressing her abilities and self esteem?? And if so why would he do that? :jbhmm:
He knew but she couldn't control her powers so he used Number 3 to suppress them for her