The U.S. Ultimatum on Huawei Is Backfiring :UPDATE: Google banning Huawei from Android updates and

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
I don't like the move for Google. I'm guessing Huawei next move would be creating their own Mobile operating system and if they are successful Google created another competitor for their own market space for no reason :patrice:
Yeah i think this will backfire in the long run. Huawei is cheap and sold worldwide due to good to great specs/ at cheap price. Would people choose Android OS over great specs and cheap prices is the question. What if Huawei is forced to create an OS that is good enough and it drowns out Android.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I think the point is the time and investment it would take to build up that infrastructure would be a waste because trump is eventually gonna have to ease up once these corporations start losing money
Cheeto could win in 2020:sadbron:

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Another asian country can put together apple products

nope:mjlol: If china shut this operation down today. apple would be scrambling
201409301033018174000-1yjx5ob.jpg

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Same here. Been looking to upgrade but this Honor 6 still kicking and getting the job done. Hope this bullshyt don't interrupt the plan to stick with the brand. I didn't see as many models available on Amazon when I looked late last year since they started this shyt

Google said it's only "complying with the order" from the U.S. government and that current users of Huawei smartphones can go on enjoying Google apps.

If you are holding a Huawei smartphone now, don't worry. Google has promised to continue its service for you.

"For users of our services, Google Play and the security protections from Google Play Protect will continue to function on existing Huawei devices," a Google spokesperson told Reuters.

Huawei has also confirmed by saying in a statement that "Huawei will continue to provide security updates and after-sales services to all existing Huawei and Honor smartphone and tablet products, covering those that have been sold and that are still in stock globally."

But future Huawei devices may be out of luck.

This ban does not mean that Huawei has lost its access to Android because the system is open-source and available to everyone. It's only the Google part of the Android is about to be gone.

"Huawei has made substantial contributions to the development and growth of Android around the world," the company said in a statement.

The ban will have little to no effect on Huawei's smartphone business on the Chinese mainland since most users in China stopped using Google services after the company pulled out from the world's largest smartphone market nearly a decade ago.

But its international business may be hugely impacted as most Android users outside of China are used to Google services. Some users have taken Google for granted in Android while in fact the system can run fine, if not better, without any Google app.

Many users are invested in Google's Play Store for its apps and services. If future Huawei phones do not come with Play, users may have to buy these apps again, which sounds terrible.

But on the other side, Huawei's own replacement of Google services can also be solid, especially the new Ark Compiler that has the potential to significantly boost app performance on Huawei's own Android mod EMUI.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yeah i think this will backfire in the long run. Huawei is cheap and sold worldwide due to good to great specs/ at cheap price. Would people choose Android OS over great specs and cheap prices is the question. What if Huawei is forced to create an OS that is good enough and it drowns out Android.

No it just means more money for Samsung.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Huawei would need to get things like Facebook and whats app supported ASAP. The thing is facebook owns whats app so they would shut them out. Huawei would become irrelevant outside of china where it wont be an issue for their in house OS to support the made in china apps.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what the truth is, but I'm inclined to believe it to be true. The Chinese government and their local corporations have an uncomfortable relationship in my opinion, and the fact that multiple intelligence agencies and countries that aren't exactly pro-Trump are all corroborating the same thing.

And I'm not in favor of anyone spying unwarranted on people, I've long been skeptical of the NSA years before Snowden and Prism...but it's a false equivalency here. China's theft of American IP's longterm ultimately undermines America.

I don't doubt Google is more complicit because of Huawei's gaining marketshare, but it doesn't change the overarching primary threat.

The sad fact here is, no one is benevolent and no one is innocent here. It's really coming down to the lesser evil.

This is full scale white supremacy/imperialism at work. Huawei already offered it's source code to all these nations

This is about stifling China as a world leader in 5G and tech while also trying to force a trade deal.

The US military and american corporations already have an "uncomfortable" relationship.

Google was forced to turn over it's license by the government.