The U.S. Ultimatum on Huawei Is Backfiring :UPDATE: Google banning Huawei from Android updates and

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These companies want their cake and eat it too. Use China as a manufacturing hub for your business so you can pay shyt wages and increase profit margin yet act surprised when they come with some shyt to compete. Like every one of these companies aren't tracking people n shyt:mjlol:

Cut off China means paying employees more (or it could hasten the advancement of robots even further to cut costs since they don't want to pay US workers) which ultimately leads to the consumer taking it on the chin.

They would probably just move more production to places like india and mexico. Instead of using more automation because that is a high investment. Mexico and india actually have lower rates. The reason why many companies haven't done a complete switch from china to say india and mexico is because the infrastructure isn't there and because from technical standpoint they aren't as advanced as china.

But overall from my experience China's quality just isn't there and as a company you would expect the quality would be much better with how technically advanced they are.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don't like the move for Google. I'm guessing Huawei next move would be creating their own Mobile operating system and if they are successful Google created another competitor for their own market space for no reason :patrice:
I wish them all the best. Starting a whole new OS and app store isn't a small task.

They will be hurting for a while.

But hate to admit it Trump is right. China has been spying consistently. They have stolen a lot of US intellectual property over the last few decades and they got comfortable doing this because they don't acknowledge copyright claims. Specifically the Airplanes the military was developing and then they were caught spying on the African Union by having built in surveillance into the building they constructed for the union. They are so comfortable doing this shyt they don't even hide it anymore.

This will really hurt Africa and Asia though. Most of the phones on that side are Chinese made.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said if they was vengeful and wanted to retaliate...:manny: You wanna cripple one company we'll cripple 10 of yours...:ufdup:

Breh china would be crippled just as long if not longer.

Folks fail to realize how westernized china is. The number 1 fast food restaurant in china is KFC. The most popular car company in china buick.

When I go to china for work I eat at subway and go to poppa johns and pizza hut with my coworkers for pizza. Two months ago I was in china and broke my belt. So I went to walmart and bought another belt.

Thats how much american companies are engrained in china

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wish them all the best. Starting a whole new OS and app store isn't a small task.

They will be hurting for a while.

But hate to admit it Trump is right. China has been spying consistently. They have stolen a lot of US intellectual property over the last few decades and they got comfortable doing this because they don't acknowledge copyright claims. Specifically the Airplanes the military was developing and then they were caught spying on the African Union by having built in surveillance into the building they constructed for the union. They are so comfortable doing this shyt they don't even hide it anymore.

This will really hurt Africa and Asia though. Most of the phones on that side are Chinese made.

Yep they literally stole the designs of the F-22 and F-35 for their stealth fighters.

Russia also had a joint venture with China to build them some migs. But russia found out china was stealing designs and ended the contract with them.

China takes the mig design and uses it to design their own fighter.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Finally
Stop letting these other countries get over

And stop letting American companies set up factories overseas to avoid paying Americans a fair wage
Stop playing chinese manufactured phones are still retailing at 1K you really think that manufacturing is coming back to the west. :laff:

Americans wont pay for phones made there are a fair wage... the reality is that people are cheap and that is why the chinese are winning. When it's time to put the money where their mouth is people start juelzing.

not even maga hats are made in America :dead:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Huawei has long been ready for US ban & won’t bow to pressure, CEO says

Published time: 19 May, 2019 09:17
5ce11a12fc7e9344328b458f.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Huawei company logo © Reuters /Aly Song

US restrictions won’t hurt Chinese telecom giant Huawei much, as it has long been prepared for it, CEO Ren Zhengfei stated, adding that the firm has no intention of changing its activities on the US’ request.

“We have already been preparing for this,” the founder of Shenzhen-based Huawei Technologies said, as cited by Nikkei in his first speech since Washington severely hamperedaccess for the firm to the US market over alleged security risks. Ren Zhengfei’s daughter, Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou, was arrested by Canadian authorities at the end of last year, resulting in a diplomatic row between China, Canada, and the US amid the already flaring trade tensions.

He added that the tech firm will advance by developing its own chips to lessen the impact of the ban on its production and can stay afloat even if Qualcomm and other American producers refuse to sell chips to Huawei amid escalating tensions.

The statement comes shortly after Huawei’s chipset subsidiary, HiSilicon, said that it has a “backup plan” and is ready to switch to its independently-developed chips to mitigate the US’ measures.

While the ban makes it much more difficult to do business with American companies, Huawei does not expect that it will have a significant effect on its long-term performance.

“It is expected that Huawei’s growth may slow, but only slightly,” the CEO said. Ren added that the company’s annual revenue growth may undershoot 20 percent

Last year, another Chinese firm, ZTE, suffered similar restrictions from the Trump administration when American firms were banned from selling parts and software to it, eventually leading to a crash in the company’s stock price. The measure was lifted after ZTE agreed to pay a $1.4 billion fine and change its board and executive team.

However, Huawei said it’s not going to follow their fellow telecom’s example and dance to Washington’s tune.

“We will not change our management at the request of the U.S. or accept monitoring, as ZTE has done,” Ren said. “Even if the US asks us to manufacture over there, we will not go.”

Huawei has long been ready for US ban & won’t bow to pressure, CEO says

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Stop playing chinese manufactured phones are still retailing at 1K you really think that manufacturing is coming back to the west. :laff:

Americans wont pay for phones made there are a fair wage... the reality is that people are cheap and that is why the chinese are winning. When it's time to put the money where their mouth is people start juelzing.

not even maga hats are made in America :dead:
No shyt
If u have an option to buy cheap shyt
Most people will

If that option wasnt there and there were more jobs then that's how it would be

Duh mafukka