The U.S. Ultimatum on Huawei Is Backfiring :UPDATE: Google banning Huawei from Android updates and

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
HUAWEI STOCK PROBABLY FALLING THROUGH THE FLOOR.
wl2s.gif

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Google cuts ties with Huawei following trade blacklisting

Published time: 19 May, 2019

5ce1c4e2dda4c815048b4633.JPG

FILE PHOTO: An illuminated Google sign in Zurich, Switzerland © Reuters / Arnd Wiegmann

Google has reportedly suspended its licences and product-sharing agreements with Chinese communications giant Huawei, as Washington accuses the company of spying for Beijing.

The Silicon Valley tech giant has cut its business deals with Huawei that involve the transfer of hardware and software, Reuters and The Verge report. Following the move, Huawei will lose access to Android operating system updates, and its forthcoming smartphones will be shut out of some Google apps, including the Google Play Store and Gmail apps.
The Chinese firm however will still have access to the open source version of the Android operating system

Huawei has repeatedly been accused of installing so-called ‘backdoors’ on its products - effectively giving the Chinese government free rein to gather any information sent or received on a Huawei device. The heads of six US intelligence agencies warned American citizens against using Huawei products last year, and the Chinese company’s phones were banned from US military bases shortly afterwards.

Huawei denies all accusations of spying. Nevertheless, the US Commerce Department added Huawei to its blacklist on Thursday, after President Donald Trump ruled that the Chinese firm could “undermine US national security or foreign policy interests,”particularly in developing America’s 5G network. The ban forbids Huawei from buying parts or technology from US suppliers, effectively halting its operations until it can replace American parts with its own.

Coupled with the latest development from Google, the ban will likely see Huawei remain in place or tumble in the global smartphone market. The Chinese company overtook Apple at the beginning of the month to become the second biggest manufacturer worldwide, after South Korea’s Samsung.

Although Google has often had an antagonistic relationship with the Trump administration, Sunday’s report comes less than two months after CEO Sundar Pichai met with President Trump at the White House. After the meeting, Trump announced that Pichai’s firm was "totally committed to the U.S. Military, not the Chinese Military.”

Prior to the meeting, Google’s work in China had caused some consternation at the Pentagon. Although Google insists its projects there - including an AI lab in Beijing - have strictly peaceful applications, Joint Chiefs of Staff chair Gen. Joseph Dunford told a Senate hearing that “the work that Google is doing in China is indirectly benefiting the Chinese military.”

The company has, however, shown a willingness to work for the benefit of the US military too. Google was contracted in 2017 to create an AI program to analyze video footage from drones using machine learning, a project codenamed ‘Project Maven’ by the Pentagon. However, Google decided not to renew the contract last year, after receiving backlash from its employees.

Google’s competitors, Microsoft and Amazon, have both lent their cloud computing power to the Pentagon to help the military develop its AI projects
Google cuts ties with Huawei following trade blacklisting

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
I THINK THEY JUST STOLE SOME STUFF FROM A COMPANY AND VIOLATED SOME SANCTIONS. ONE OF THEIR EXECUTIVES HAS A WARRANT AND THE WERE TRYING TO PRESSURE CANADA(I THINK) TO GIVE HER UP.

I THINK TRUMP IS LUMPING THEM TOGETHER TO GET AT HAIWEI AND FURTHER THE CHINA IS A BAD GUY AGENDA.
Its not Trump though. Huawei being a party to Chinese Intelligence has been a recognized issue for years. Its just more-so in the news now.

He's right on this one. fukk Huawei. China is absolutely an enemy of the United States.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Isn’t Huawei doing shady shyt to get access to foreign intelligence? Isn’t that where this whole thing is stemming from? Someone kick that knowledge, I’m ignorant

Yep canada arrested their executive awhile ago.

Everyone knows that china steals intellectual property. But everyone does business with them because their labor rates are low as shyt and you can work their workers and treat them like shyt (plus they have a growing economy with a hunger for western shyt).

I work in china and my company literally has competitors in china stealing designs and shyt multiple times a year and nothing can be done legally.

I also worked for DoD in my past life and the company I worked for got hit multiple times from a cyber security stand point from hackers in china.

Anyone who works in government or DoD will tell you that if you travel to places like China and india your company will only let you go with a special computer (that is unable to get hacked or that has nothing on it in case it gets hacked).

One last thing even financial institutions will block your debit / credit card when traveling to china and india. When I go to both places for work I can't call my bank and tell them to flag my cards and not block transactions. Since these places are high fraud red flags. They will just block your transaction when using the card in China and India then force you to call and inform them that it is a legit purchase by you. Only then will they take the block off your card.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
1921yZJ.gif

Trump is playing an extremely dangerous game of chicken...:dahell:

China can fukk up a ton of popular american companies if they was vengeful about this trade war if they really wanted to get busy...:birdman: Trump & the rest of the cocksuckers is just mad huawei got 5G tech first...

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Google pulling their license is great news , now china will be forced to bring a new viable mobile operating system to market . I hope google regrets this . Let's see who is really spying & dictating how private companies do business . Huawei should buy BlackBerry asap & adapt it .

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
These companies want their cake and eat it too. Use China as a manufacturing hub for your business so you can pay shyt wages and increase profit margin yet act surprised when they come with some shyt to compete. Like every one of these companies aren't tracking people n shyt:mjlol:

Cut off China means paying employees more (or it could hasten the advancement of robots even further to cut costs since they don't want to pay US workers) which ultimately leads to the consumer taking it on the chin.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1921yZJ.gif

Trump is playing an extremely dangerous game of chicken...:dahell:

China can fukk up a ton of popular american companies if they was vengeful about this trade war if they really wanted to get busy...:birdman: Trump & the rest of the cocksuckers is just mad huawei got 5G tech first...

China won't breh. You have to visit china to see how engrained american companies are there. Every major US and European company has a headquarters and or major manufacturing facility in china.

American and european companies are essential to the chinese economy. From employing their workers to how china is able gain aka steal intellectual property from foreign companies.

Finally the dirty little secret is that chinese people don't even like / want chinese products. The reason for this is because they view the products as inferior and lack quality control compared to the american or european products.

I have mentioned on here a few times how I literally have had to take baby food and baby formule to china. All because my coworkers there do not buy chinese baby food / formula after multiple incidents of contaminated baby food and formula killing babies.

So they literally send me money so that I can buy baby food here in america then take it to my coworkers in china when I have to go on assignment.

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Google pulling their license is great news , now china will be forced to bring a new viable mobile operating system to market . I hope google regrets this . Let's see who is really spying & dictating how private companies do business . Huawei should buy BlackBerry asap & adapt it .

Google stupid as hell. They just mad cuz they see Huawei rising up the ranks in sales, even without the US support.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
China won't breh. You have to visit china to see how engrained american companies are there. Every major US and European company has a headquarters and or major manufacturing facility in china.

American and european companies are essential to the chinese economy. From employing their workers to how china is able gain aka steal intellectual property from foreign companies.

Finally the dirty little secret is that chinese people don't even like / want chinese products. The reason for this is because they view the products as inferior and lack quality control compared to the american or european products.

I have mentioned on here a few times how I literally have had to take baby food and baby formule to china. All because my coworkers there do not buy chinese baby food / formula after multiple incidents of contaminated baby food and formula killing babies.

So they literally send me money so that I can buy baby food here in america then take it to my coworkers in china when I have to go on assignment.

Like I said if they was vengeful and wanted to retaliate...:manny: You wanna cripple one company we'll cripple 10 of yours...:ufdup: