The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
how many games y'all won again?

@The War Report is right though
Hate to say it, but the Knicks are in a better position. They'll get a top five pick in a good draft and have major cap room, rebuilding around Melo is shakey though.

Also brehs, take this season as :manny: because we'll be picking top 8 in the draft next year.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Also don't know why our guards were leaving shooters to go in the paint with Whiteside in. Stay the hell at home
our entire system is going to have to be changed. I won't bash Spoelstra TOO much on it yet because it probably hard to change your system mid season based off one player you never saw coming.

the offense tho, we don't have the players(guards) capable of making it work. No bron, Wade injured, no Ray Allen, no shooters. he gotta change it up.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Also don't know why our guards were leaving shooters to go in the paint with Whiteside in. Stay the hell at home
Whiteside is a great shot blocker but he's not quite a great low-post defender yet.

Too often he lets the opposing big get great position on him. Granted his length often makes up for that mistake but that's how you get in foul trouble, tho. YOu let someone get great position on you and now your only option is to block the shot and that comes with the risk of fouling.

Whoever the coach that thought Bosh to defend low-post players should teach Whiteside the same thing. Go watch the Heat vs Kings game from weeks ago and watch Bosh defend Boogie. It's a thing of beauty. Almost never had to leave his feet. Just great positioning and footwork
anyone outside of Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside
I like Deng but i dont mind letting him go for a legit point guard like Reggie Jackson

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Spo acts as if LeBron is gonna swoop down to save this team.
LeBron is not coming through those doors, Spo.
Hell, they may as well make me the head coach, man.
Any of us. At least we wouldn't have tried to keep the same system in place after losing the component that makes it work. Cam Cameron levels of ineptitude.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Okay so a 2018 first and filler?
You think this team will be good in 2018? You really want to give up assets just to secure the 7th/8th seed?
Doggy, why are you stuck on this 7th/8th seed through the next few years schtick? This team was snake bitten with injuries this season. Go and get a PG this summer along with a bench scorer and if healthy we will be a competitor next year.

954UAlreadyknow

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doggy, why are you stuck on this 7th/8th seed through the next few years schtick? This team was snake bitten with injuries this season. Go and get a PG this summer along with a bench scorer and if healthy we will be a competitor next year.
I think we can be better....... but at this point I think we'd be foolish to think Wade can play 82 games. Hes gonna miss at least 15-20 games a year. Thats just what it is :manny:

Bosh is great but I dont think he can be the #1 option on a contending team

I can see us making the playoffs next year but I cant see us getting too far

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

The Heat don't have cap room though, even if Deng opts out, you're still looking at 60 mil in paid salary next year. Unless you expect Wade to opt out or the cap to raise by 15mil, this team will be mostly the same in 2015-2016. Not too mention Wade is getting older and less durable, we're right around the half way part of this season, yet Wade missed damn near a third of the games.

Best case scenario this team will be very competitive next season, and win between 42-45 games. The East will be better next year, and it wouldn't shock me if you need 41 wins to net the 8th seed. I don't wanna sound like a Debbie Downer, but this team is treadmill status or worse going forward, and I'm just basing this on the team's core and the NBA landscape.