The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Juwan Howard & Zo need to keep working with Whiteside. This nikka has a chance to be a beast for us.

Man let's go young. Start Whiteside, Napier and Ennis for a few games. Let them get some burn together.

We need to trade Deng if we start Ennis. I doubt Spo would have Deng coming off the bench.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Spo says Whiteside won't start tomorrow. Same line up.

I got to knuckle up with the bytch one time
as long as he keeps bringing him midway through the first and gives him the bulk of the minutes i'm good. for now. eventually I will expect him to get that starter role. definitely by the all star break.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
3 things to know about Hassan Whiteside, the Heat's hidden gem

Here are the places where Hassan Whiteside has played basketball since leaving Marshall following his sophomore year. He started in Sacramento for the Kings, who drafted him in the second round on the 2010 NBA Draft. Then there were (deep breath) stops in Reno, Nevada, to play for the Bighorns; in Sioux Falls to play for the Sky Force; in Hidalgo, Tex., to play for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. Those were all D-League teams. And how can we forget about the stints in Lebanon and China?

This past September, Whiteside signed with the Memphis Grizzlies, but was waived a month later. He then went back to Rio Grande, but was quickly traded to the D-League's Iowa Energy. The Grizzlies signed him again on Nov. 19 ... but they waived him again the next day. Then, he signed with the Iowa Energy again.

Finally, on Nov. 24, Whiteside signed with the Miami Heat. There was a quick stop back in Sioux Falls in the middle of December, but Whiteside is now a member of the parent team and part of their rotation. Not bad for a guy who was rejected by every team in the league, including the Clippers club he dominated.

This is probably the most intriguing part about his game. Seven-foot centers should be able to help a team defensively no matter how raw they are, and Whiteside certainly has. He's averaging 4.4 blocks per 36 minutes and holding opponents to 48.3 percent shooting at the rim, a number better than Anthony Davis' and DeAndre Jordan's. When he's on the court the Heat's defensive rating drops from 106.5 to 103.8.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/12/7531699/hassan-whiteside-miami-heat-center-who-is

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
They just interviewed a former NBA gm and apparently Hassan was an unjustified diva coming out of school.

That's why he was passed on so much
shyt dont matter he is with the Wave now & thats all that matters. :blessed:
Mike Ryan today :heh:
Was he on 100 today? I havent listen to the show in a min. Ive been working to much to listen.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Spo says Whiteside won't start tomorrow. Same line up.

I got to knuckle up with the bytch one time
No surprise there. As long as Whiteside gets about 30 minutes. It's undeniable now that he brings a lot to the table. Let's ease him in but in 2 weeks from now he should be the starter. I think even Birdman would want Whiteside to start.