The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
checked a couple of pages and didn't see this posted. dude has been molten lava in the d-league

Heat Sign Tyler Johnson To 10-Day Contract
January 12, 2015 5:28 PM
461440314.jpg

Tyler Johnson #10 of the Sioux Falls Skyforce drives to the basket against Keith Appling #0 and Zach Andrews #50 of the Los Angeles D-Fenders on January 10, 2015 at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. (Source: Dave Eggen/NBAE via Getty Images)

Related Tags:
Andre Dawkins, Hassan Whiteside, Miami Heat, National Basketball Association, NBA, NBA Development League, Shabazz Napier, Sioux Falls Skyforce, Tyler Johnson
david-dwork-web-headshot.png
David Dwork
David Dwork joined the CBS4 News team in May 2014 after working in...

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The Miami Heat have signed guard Tyler Johnson to a 10-day contract, the team announced on Monday.

Johnson fills the 15th and final roster spot on the Heat, adding depth to Miami’s guard position after the team waived Andre Dawkins last week.

NBA players can sign up to two 10-day contracts with a team, after which they either must be signed for the remainder of the season or be released.

Johnson has appeared in 13 games, all starts, for the Heat’s NBA Development League affiliate, the Sioux Falls Skyforce this season. He’s averaged 18.5 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.8 assists in 33.9 minutes while shooting 47.7 percent from the field, 46.3 percent from three-point range and 82.1 percent from the free throw line.

Johnson went undrafted out of Fresno State, but the 6-foot-3 guard was signed by the Heat on August 7, 2014.

He appeared in one preseason game with Miami, finishing with 17 points, four rebounds, four steals and a pair of assists in just over 36 minutes. His three-pointer in overtime put the Heat up for good against the San Antonio Spurs.

Johnson has already played with Hassan Whiteside and Shabazz Napier when both were logging minutes with the Skyforce earlier this season.

It’s expected that Johnson will be in uniform on Tuesday night when the Heat face the Los Angeles Lakers. He will wear number 8.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
checked a couple of pages and didn't see this posted. dude has been molten lava in the d-league

Heat Sign Tyler Johnson To 10-Day Contract
January 12, 2015 5:28 PM
461440314.jpg

Tyler Johnson #10 of the Sioux Falls Skyforce drives to the basket against Keith Appling #0 and Zach Andrews #50 of the Los Angeles D-Fenders on January 10, 2015 at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. (Source: Dave Eggen/NBAE via Getty Images)

Related Tags:
Andre Dawkins, Hassan Whiteside, Miami Heat, National Basketball Association, NBA, NBA Development League, Shabazz Napier, Sioux Falls Skyforce, Tyler Johnson
david-dwork-web-headshot.png
David Dwork
David Dwork joined the CBS4 News team in May 2014 after working in...

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The Miami Heat have signed guard Tyler Johnson to a 10-day contract, the team announced on Monday.

Johnson fills the 15th and final roster spot on the Heat, adding depth to Miami’s guard position after the team waived Andre Dawkins last week.

NBA players can sign up to two 10-day contracts with a team, after which they either must be signed for the remainder of the season or be released.

Johnson has appeared in 13 games, all starts, for the Heat’s NBA Development League affiliate, the Sioux Falls Skyforce this season. He’s averaged 18.5 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.8 assists in 33.9 minutes while shooting 47.7 percent from the field, 46.3 percent from three-point range and 82.1 percent from the free throw line.

Johnson went undrafted out of Fresno State, but the 6-foot-3 guard was signed by the Heat on August 7, 2014.

He appeared in one preseason game with Miami, finishing with 17 points, four rebounds, four steals and a pair of assists in just over 36 minutes. His three-pointer in overtime put the Heat up for good against the San Antonio Spurs.

Johnson has already played with Hassan Whiteside and Shabazz Napier when both were logging minutes with the Skyforce earlier this season.

It’s expected that Johnson will be in uniform on Tuesday night when the Heat face the Los Angeles Lakers. He will wear number 8.
Dude was a beast in the summer league too. Even more reason to trade Cole's bum ass. Get Napier more minutes and get a look at Johnson

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Dude was a beast in the summer league too. Even more reason to trade Cole's bum ass. Get Napier more minutes and get a look at Johnson
Wade needs a backup ASAP. I hate seeing him play 34+ minutes in a game. He's been going hard lately when he's on the floor and handling a lot of PG duties.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Slow and Steady wins the race..

Spo getting these guys into that playoff basketball pace

The track shoes have been put in storage. What the Miami Heat have been offering these days is far more methodical than maniacal. And it's all been by design.

"I like the pace we're doing," guard Dwyane Wade said before Tuesday night's game against the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center. "I thought early on we were going too fast. I knew it wasn't going to hold up for a whole season. I like the pace we're going.

Time off no longer a consideration for Dwyane Wade

"The thing is, we're a good shooting team. If we stop turning the ball over, we can get the ball in the hands of the guys that need to get it to make plays, to get shots."

The Heat went into Tuesday ranked dead last, 30th, in the NBA in pace, at 92.4 possessions per game. By contrast, the Golden State Warriors, the Heat's Wednesday opponents at Oracle Arena, went into Tuesday's averaging a league-best 101.9. Yet while the Heat also stood 28th in scoring entering the Lakers game, their offensive efficiency rank had them 16th overall.

"We're a young team," center Chris Bosh said. "That's why we need to slow it up. You can play fast as you get older. We were one of the oldest teams in the league the past couple of years and among the fastest, because we had that veteran know-how and savvy to come down and get in the offense quickly. Now we have to kind of be precise and get the ball to where it needs to go."

Coach Erik Spoelstra said the approach has evolved through the season.

"With the injuries, with Josh [McRoberts] being out, our team is considerably different than what we planned," he said. "So you have to move on, you have to adjust."

Tyler Johnson practices with Heat; Andre Dawkins signs with Heat D-League team

While the preference for most players is to play at pace, Bosh said you also have to be smart in the approach.

"After doing it at a high level for four years, it kind of takes the fun out of it a little bit," he said of the Heat teams that went to four consecutive NBA Finals with himself, Wade and LeBron James, who has taken his running game to the Cleveland Cavaliers. "It's either that's your style or not.

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

"Everybody says they want to run. Running, it's different. You've got to get into things quick and it's reading. You're making 20 reads before the shot clock gets under 16 seconds. That's something that we've had. We're not there yet. We just have to continue to lay the base."

It used to be that opposing coaches criticized their teams for getting into track meets with the Heat. Then came Sunday's Heat victory at Staples Center, when Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers said his team got bogged down in the Heat's methodical approach.

"That means we did our job," Wade said. "We're not trying to play that pace of up and down. Overall, it was good at the beginning of the year, but that was something that I didn't see holding up for this team, at all, especially once the season settled in.

"I'm glad we're at this pace and I think we're more effective at the pace that we're playing."

If only our defense was up to par:mjcry:

Ranked 26th in Defensive Efficiency

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Ranked 26th in Defensive Efficiency
If ThaDon keeps improving, that's gonna change significantly. dude has teams thinking twice about taking it to the rim now. that's where we've been getting killed. teams penetrating, bringing in the defense and dishing it out to their 3 pt shooters. having a legit center who can hold down the paint completely changes everything for us.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If ThaDon keeps improving, that's gonna change significantly. dude has teams thinking twice about taking it to the rim now. that's where we've been getting killed. teams penetrating, bringing in the defense and dishing it out to their 3 pt shooters. having a legit center who can hold down the paint completely changes everything for us.
This. Our defense has been so bad that it's been hurting our offense. No transition offense.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
While the preference for most players is to play at pace, Bosh said you also have to be smart in the approach.

"After doing it at a high level for four years, it kind of takes the fun out of it a little bit," he said of the Heat teams that went to four consecutive NBA Finals with himself, Wade and LeBron James, who has taken his running game to the Cleveland Cavaliers. "It's either that's your style or not.

you know, this is the second interview i've read in the past year where Bosh said something to the effect of not having fun and being motivated. last time was about April of last year. how in the flip does a professional with a max contract not find a way to stay self motivated for 8 months?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

you know, this is the second interview i've read in the past year where Bosh said something to the effect of not having fun and being motivated. last time was about April of last year. how in the flip does a professional with a max contract not find a way to stay self motivated for 8 months?

Basketball regular season is about 30-35 games too long I think. I don't even blame them.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Basketball regular season is about 30-35 games too long I think. I don't even blame them.

the bills get paid and those max contracts honored with butts in seats and ad revenue. i don't ever recall hearing elite players talking about not being motivated. maybe they were but i just don't remember any. on second thought maybe shaq started this.