The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:blessed: Heat nation is crumbling before our very eyes

@malcolmxxx_45 like :whew: I dodged that bullet

Na but foreal I was at my heat brehs house watching this game and you guys offense went completely cold the second half. ISO wade all half, no ball movement and everyone trying to hit a three :snoop:

Deng was like 1- 15 from the three point line. I was even looking at my homie like:why: Wtf happen to ur guys breh?

Maluma

Banned
Daps
its honestly not the losing to philly part thats bad, as upsets happen and even a bad team can find a nugget once in a while...

it's the way it happened. If you're up 23 points at home to the worst team in the league, there is absolutely no excuse for collapsing down the stretch like that.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Fuuuuuuck brehs, these games where they are just throwing shyt away, even with the ill fitting team and injuries, they can still win these games

They should have gone 4-1 after the Phoenix win and they went 2-3 with the one certain loss being the one they threw away in the last minute.

This should be a season where D Wade is praised for an 08-09 revivial of sorts and instead they are just left for dead.

I STILL think this team can pull 45 wins out of their ass (Reminds me of the 96-97 Orlando team that was 11-20 to start and a TON of injuries) but goddamn what are Spo and Riles doing or thinking.

Had to post it again cause the shyt is just bugged.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Fire spo. Now. He's not built for this shyt. No excuse. We don't have great talent but we have enough to be a 4-5 seed easy. No way we should be losing to one of the worst teams in the league at home. That's all on spo. If fully healthy we can still do some damage in the east, but it doesn't matter because spo will fukk it up on the long run. Dude had it made the last 4 years. Now that he actually has to do some real coaching. Really strategize. Create an offense and defense that utilize the strengths of our players....he's getting exposed. He doesn't have the mind for that shyt. He's just not an nba coach. He's a video boy better suited for giving the real coaches some feedback here and there. We don't fire this dude by all star break we're gonna be fukked.

Pat Riley is not walking through that door :mjcry:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-tannehill-um-notes.html#.VJrQef9c6C8.twitter
As for LeBron, his visit Thursday will be met with affection from former teammates, appreciation from Heat management, but also a reminder of the questions that the Heat had difficulty reconciling in the aftermath, the questions that led Pat Riley to tell ESPN's Dan Le Batard in October that he will forgive him eventually (but not yet).

It’s not a question of why LeBron left --- Heat officials understand his affinity for his hometown, his desire to be liked by people, his concerns about the Heat roster --- but more so, why he handled his departure the way that he did.

The Heat, consistently classy, hasn’t uttered a disparaging public word about LeBron and will honor him with a video on Thursday.

But what has become clear in conversations since LeBron’s exit is that several Heat people strongly suspect LeBron knew all along that he would be leaving for Cleveland, certainly before he summoned Riley to fly across the country to meet with him in Las Vegas (where James was hosting his annual Nike camp), a day before he crafted his “I’m Coming Home” essay with Sports Illustrated’s Lee Jenkins.

LeBron’s people say that is not the case. But James could have easily had that session with Riley in Miami days earlier, and the natural Heat suspicion is that there was nothing Riley could have said that would reverse James’ decision that was announced less than 48 hours after that Las Vegas meeting.

What bothered the Heat was this: If LeBron had let Riley know sooner, Riley could have made a legitimate run at Carmelo Anthony, Marcin Gortat, Kyle Lowry and other free agents. Instead, most of the top names were off the board when James informed the Heat.

Inside the Heat, there is the belief that how James handled this was driven by the desire to do what helped him best from a PR standpoint. The universally-praised SI essay achieved that.

There was also the issue of how James treated Riley during free agency. Riley said James never returned his calls and e-mails. Couldn’t James have told Riley something, anything?

There are also questions inside the Heat about whether power played a role in LeBron’s departure. As one Heat employee said, Cleveland gave him everything he wanted.

The Heat didn't give LeBron’s entourage as many season-tickets as he sought (as ESPN has reported) or attractive seats across from the Heat bench or the extent of personnel control that Cleveland granted by allowing him to dictate roster moves (James Jones, Mike Miller, etc.).

And according to a league (non-Heat) source, when the Heat tried to hire Randy Mims, LeBron’s personal assistant, after James signed with the Heat, the Cavaliers complained to the league, claiming it was a circumvention of the salary cap, and thus torpedoing the hire.

So it’s ironic that Cleveland hired Mims this season as an “executive administrator/player programs and logistics.”

Riley told Le Batard that he asked LeBron if there was anything the Heat could have done differently. "He told me personally no," Riley said, adding that when James informed him of his decision, it "devastated me."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...notes.html#.VJrQef9c6C8.twitter#storylink=cpy

@Intruder v3.0

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Re-read my posts.

I didn't dispute any of the things that are said here. The thing i disputed was you saying the only reason Riley didn't bytch in public was out of concern for Wade. I don't believe that was a major factor at all. Heat organization has always taken the high road.
right, I got that. However, like I said last night based on what Lebatard says from what he had been told it's because of Wade that they let the going home narrative live

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Hopefully one day LeBron is man enough to have a sit down with Riley face to face and acknowledge his wrongdoing. Everyone in the organization understands why he left, its about how he went about doing it. You dont do an NBA legend the way you did, especially not one who took you in and treated you like a Lifer the way Riley did. Hopefully the players keep it strictly business tomorrow, I dont want to see this clown fraternizing by our bench posturing and front running like he did when he first went back to Cleveland

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
One thing I've come around to thinking is, as much as he should have been honest with Pat.....I don't know if anyone tells their current employer that they are listening to another place of employment. Like no one does that. So he takes the L on that yes and Miami takes the L too but I just don't know if there was any honest way out of that.