The Trial of Adnan Syed on HBO

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
tenor.gif

Haven’t watched yet but I remember thinking dude did it. Too much time passed and library girl’s testimony is easily malleable thanks to how the mind work.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Really?

I cannot believe Jay.

It's been awhile since I listened to Serial, but Adnan's phone interviews came across a bit off to me. I understand that his argument was there wasn't enough evidence to convict him beyond a reasonable doubt (which is also weird because he's not really saying he's innocent), but he didn't seem to have any real remorse that she was missing. I thought it was weird how he wasn't trying to call/page her while she was gone. I understand they broke up, but if they were close then he'd have been there. I remember Sarah asked him about it, and he gave a weird response of something like "we're all seeing each other every day"

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
It's been awhile since I listened to Serial, but Adnan's phone interviews came across a bit off to me. I understand that his argument was there wasn't enough evidence to convict him beyond a reasonable doubt (which is also weird because he's not really saying he's innocent), but he didn't seem to have any real remorse that she was missing. I thought it was weird how he wasn't trying to call/page her while she was gone. I understand they broke up, but if they were close then he'd have been there. I remember Sarah asked him about it, and he gave a weird response of something like "we're all seeing each other every day"

That's because you believe she was "the love of his life."

They addressed that on the pod. He had plenty of girls.

I remember high school. Maybe two or three people was in a relationship with the same person for a semester or more.

The whole thing hangs on this idea he was so broke up when she left that he killed her. His family was strict, but, he was living it up with a bunch of ppl.
After all that time; I wouldn't care either.

That's a pretty filmsy reason to think he did it when you add that there isn't any physical evidence.

He didn't have a violent history with Hey or any other girls. You don't go from that to murdering a girl.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
That's because you believe she was "the love of his life."

They addressed that on the pod. He had plenty of girls.

I remember high school. Maybe two or three people was in a relationship with the same person for a semester or more.

The whole thing hangs on this idea he was so broke up when she left that he killed her. His family was strict, but, he was living it up with a bunch of ppl.
After all that time; I wouldn't care either.

That's a pretty filmsy reason to think he did it when you add that there isn't any physical evidence.

He didn't have a violent history with Hey or any other girls. You don't go from that to murdering a girl.

Maybe I should relisten/watch this documentary. I just recall his demeanor was off putting. It's kind of funny I'm talking about this seeing how I got dismissed from jury duty today too :pachaha:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is there halfway convincing alternate theory as to who killed her?
there a lot of unsolved murders of young women around that time, that likely were random.

they interviewed someone who hung out with jay and jen more than she did adnan on "the undisclosed" podcast last week and she said there's no way adnan knew were leakin park was, meanwhile she said that her/jay/jen used to go smoke there and fukk around all the time and shyt in high school.

i still think it's possible he did it, but the case the state presented aint it..

Undisclosed Podcast

here the one. podcast hosts clearly has a bias, but idk why the guests have any reason to lie.

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Maybe I should relisten/watch this documentary. I just recall his demeanor was off putting. It's kind of funny I'm talking about this seeing how I got dismissed from jury duty today too :pachaha:
Towards the end, he was getting frustrated with the host. But, you're right, he didn't seem the give a damn about Hey at that point--I understand, he'd be out if he never dated her.

I won't call him innocent, but, he got railroaded all off Jay's testimony.

His whole Best Buy story was bullshyt. That fool got scared!

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I think the overwhelming probability is that he killed her, but should he be in prison? :jbhmm:

Outside of the Asia alibi which I don't buy, he seemed/seems to have great recall of the events during the day prior to when Hae was killed, no recall during the time-frame she's murdered, and then great recall of events after she goes missing.

There's reasonable doubt, so he should be free, but I feel conflicted because I do think he most likely killed her. :patrice:

To me, Jay has various stories because he's trying to minimize his involvement. Yet, Jay's story even if it were told exactly as occurred -- can only be so accurate, because a portion of it is dependent on Adnan's account of the events (who himself has selective amnesia about shyt) -- unless you think Jay was there when she was killed.