The term "Smart Dumb nikka"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Term is about tupac shakur.A black man who spoke so eloquently and had crazy vision but acted an like an ignorant clown.A buffoon who was habitually arrested and became a walking stereotype and then was murdered for his actions

I don't think that's how it is used though...

The term applies more to a Nas or Rass Kass and many of those 5% rappers...

People who say things that sound "smart" but when you actually do the knowledge, you discover that their facts are all wrong...

For example, "Nature of the threat" is the dictionary example of "smart dumb n_gga"...

These rappers give you the incentive to look up history and science, and when you do, you realize that they had the story twisted...

Thus, they are "smart dumb n_ggas"...

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
I don't think that's how it is used though...

The term applies more to a Nas or Rass Kass and many of those 5% rappers...

People who say things that sound "smart" but when you actually do the knowledge, you discover that their facts are all wrong...

For example, "Nature of the threat" is the dictionary example of "smart dumb n_gga"...

These rappers give you the incentive to look up history and science, and when you do, you realize that they had the story twisted...

Thus, they are "smart dumb n_ggas"...

Give me some glaring instances of "smart dumb-ism" in Nature of the Threat or in Nas's rhymes. People try to pick on 5%ers and the NOI simply because they follow a religious doctrine that was not handed to them by their oppressors. Once again , being "smart dumb" is just a label placed on those who refuse to accept Eurocentric views and education.

Id love to hear what you call "smart dumb"..

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smart dumb nikka isn't race or gender specific

Anybody that confidently talks about shyt they don't have a fukking clue about is a smart dumb nikka.

My girl is a smart dumb nikka. She will argue me to death about some shyt and then when I prove her wrong she says "oh well, I wasn't really sure about that but whatever...:manny:"
this.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
:dahell: How is Pac a smart dumb nikka? The term applies more to cats like Lupe. Smart dumb nikka is basically a hood term for pseudo-intellectual, Pac comes off more like the everyman than some wanna be scholar

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
:dahell: How is Pac a smart dumb nikka? The term applies more to cats like Lupe. Smart dumb nikka is basically a hood term for pseudo-intellectual, Pac comes off more like the everyman than some wanna be scholar

How is Lupe a pseudo-intellectual ? What makes him a "wanna be scholar".. If he had a degree from Yale ? Would that give credence to his ideas ? Once again , do you have an example Lupe's pseudo intellectualism ? Why is Eminem not considered "smart dumb" ?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Loll, broke nikkas calling self made multi millionaires, with hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank smart dumb nikkas :heh:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

yea, it seems like some people on here have their own definition.

lol.

one big mess.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Give me some glaring instances of "smart dumb-ism" in Nature of the Threat or in Nas's rhymes. People try to pick on 5%ers and the NOI simply because they follow a religious doctrine that was not handed to them by their oppressors. Once again , being "smart dumb" is just a label placed on those who refuse to accept Eurocentric views and education. Id love to hear what you call "smart dumb"..

I am not going to go and listen to these dudes catalogues just to find some examples...

Off the top, I think Ras Kass says something like "white genes are recessive to black genes"...

But anybody who has studied genetics knows that is not true...So called "white" and "black" genes are co-dominant...

About the NOI and 5%,

I have no beef with people believing in "Mother Planes" and Yakub and the Island of Patmos...

That's fair game as far as religion is concerned...

But if you add science to your religion, you better ensure that the science is theoretically sound...

Votti

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
oakland ca
i'm a fan of nas but he tries too hard to articulate his words in interviews that it just comes off as awkward.