The Tariq Nasheed Thread

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
it's not petty or trivial, its a major worldview difference. tariq believes the common black man shouldn't dare ask wealthy/rich blacks to re-invest in their communities. i find this ironic coming from a guy that crowd funds most of his projects. blacks that are in the position should invest in their communities and i aint trynna hear any of that "the white man wont let them" bullshyt
why are you counting someone else's money?
What's stopping you from making a difference?

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
:dead: Tariq always get mad when nikkas ask why don't celebrities give back to the hood.

"Why don't Tyreke Evans give back to Philadelphia" :mjlol:

He didn't have to go in on that nikka like that though...:laff:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why are you counting someone else's money?
What's stopping you from making a difference?
if anyones counting another mans money, it would be tariq. dude is quick to point out what other nikkas will waste their money on when it comes time for him to accept donations for his projects or buy his merchandise

and anything i contribute would be on a micro level that wont make a dent on the national scale. i'm talking about networks that expand across regions and benefits not only those who invest but the community as a whole. its pretty pathetic that its white men who come into these blighted areas, invest money into the infrastructure, and turn the community around whole -- all while increasing his recently purchased property value.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
expecting rich blacks to help is one thing, expecting only rich blacks to help is another. i agree that rich blacks should be helping, but when this sentiment is coming from bums, it gives off the vibe that these requests are coming from people who have no intention of helping themselves and might even be motivated by jealousy. entrepreneurial spirit is something that needs to be nurtured among all blacks, not just ones with record deals, but tariq does have the bad habit of yelling at his callers when they wont change their opinions

basically, there needs to be a non-bum to bring that subject up to tariq

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
if anyones counting another mans money, it would be tariq. dude is quick to point out what other nikkas will waste their money on when it comes time for him to accept donations for his projects or buy his merchandise

and anything i contribute would be on a micro level that wont make a dent on the national level. i'm talking about networks that expand across regions and benefits not only those who invest but the community as a whole. its pretty pathetic that its white men who come into these blighted areas, invest money into the infrastructure, and turn the community around whole -- all while increasing his recently purchased property value.
That's true, Tariq always ranting about nikkas spending money on Jordan's and women spending money on Weaves when it comes to Hidden Color donations. But he get mad as hell when someone ask why don't celebrities give back to the hood.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dead: Tariq always get mad when nikkas ask why don't celebrities give back to the hood.

"Why don't Tyreke Evans give back to Philadelphia" :mjlol:

He didn't have to go in on that nikka like that though...:laff:

i think its cus tariq lives in an area thats less than 10% black :heh: dude probably feels offended like people are suggesting he cut broke folks a blank check

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
I know nikka on the phone was hurt.."i'm struggling" , Tariq shyt on him for no reason.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tariq still hasn't versed himself on the importance of networks and providing opportunity.

despite what he's saying, its not normal in other communities for a small minority to get on and flee from the rest. i promise you other groups like jews, asians, mexicans, indians. none of them operate like this as a whole. blacks look like dikkheads buying all this crap while the race as a whole suffers

Gravity

Banned
Daps
tariq still hasn't versed himself on the importance of networks and providing opportunity.

despite what he's saying, its not normal in other communities for a small minority to get on and flee from the rest. i promise you other groups like jews, asians, mexicans, indians. none of them operate like this as a whole. blacks look like dikkheads buying all this crap while the race as a whole suffers
The black community as a whole suffers because we as a whole aren't willing to deal with the reality of our situation. The reality of the situation is that whites are the enemy and their system of racism is the cause of our problems. The system is designed to keep the black community as a permanent underclass. The only time blacks talk unity is when it's time to bring another black who's seemingly "made it" back in the barrel. Sitting around waiting on celebrity blacks(who don't have as much money as you probably think) to swoop in and save the hood is just not a solution. That's nothing but a lazy ass defeated self hating mentality. You give a man a fish and he eats for a day but if you teach him how to fish he eats for a lifetime. We've got to learn how to fish in and eventually around the white man's system. Blacks as a whole simply don't want to deal with that. It's easier to just to sit around and put the onus on others. Revolution always starts from the bottom up not the top down. Trying to put the responsibility on rich celebrity blacks makes absolutely no sense. I could see if black celebrities were actually supported by our community but when you look at these black celebrities you'll see that they're supported by whites not blacks. I haven't listened to this podcast because it's rather long but if that's the message then I agree. That's a real annoying argument.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The black community as a whole suffers because we as a whole aren't willing to deal with the reality of our situation. The reality of the situation is that whites are the enemy and their system of racism is the cause of our problems. The system is designed to keep the black community as a permanent underclass. The only time blacks talk unity is when it's time to bring another black who's seemingly "made it" back in the barrel. Sitting around waiting on celebrity blacks(who don't have as much money as you probably think) to swoop in and save the hood is just not a solution. That's nothing but a lazy ass defeated self hating mentality. You give a man a fish and he eats for a day but if you teach him how to fish he eats for a lifetime. We've got to learn how to fish in and eventually around the white man's system. Blacks as a whole simply don't want to deal with that. It's easier to just to sit around and put the onus on others. Revolution always starts from the bottom up not the top down. Trying to put the responsibility on rich celebrity blacks makes absolutely no sense. I could see if black celebrities were actually supported by our community but when you look at these black celebrities you'll see that they're supported by whites not blacks. I haven't listened to this podcast because it's rather long but if that's the message then I agree. That's a real annoying argument.

this is the bullshyt i'm talking about right here. anytime the conversation turns to why wealthy blacks aren't reaching back and investing in black communities, the discussion quickly turns to lazy blacks expecting free handouts. this is a white supremacist rhetoric blacks are using against eachother. again, this is not about giving free money to poor blacks, its about INVESTING in businesses and infrastructure thats sorely needed in black neighborhoods. this is about giving blacks the opportunity to FISH for a lifetime.

but i agree, blacks dont want to accept reality. which is why i feel no sympathy when they go broke shortly after retirement. cus if they would invest in their neighborhoods, they'd have a diverse supply of income to sustain their lifestyle. but like sterling said, these c00ns would rather play golf with him. a jew that dont really like nikkas at all but uses them as a means of income.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Alright this is my stance on rich blacks helping poor blacks/middle class.....

All im saying is create a 1. black owned businesses.....and 2. hire black graduates.......what is so bad about that?

You might ask your self why? Well Tariq already has said it.Over half of black graduates are unemployed. Now lets look at the landscape of small and corporate business owners in America.90 percent are white. 90 percent are going to hire their own skin color first over a black man.90 percent already have jobs saved for family/friends.....and the list goes on.

Black grads are left with the scraps....and the rest are unemployed. How can you believe that America has a white supremacist system but look over the fact that black grads are not getting hired. I've saw studies that show a howard degree is just as good an ivy league degree. There is no excuse for this bullshyt to be going on.If the economy was good, blacks imo would still be in the same situation with slightly different percentages.

I know this first hand because a family member of mine has an bachelor degree and cant find shyt.

So why is it so bad to give the poor black common man better opportunities that is TRYING to in better his life, not asking for handouts?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alright this is my stance on rich blacks helping poor blacks/middle class.....

All im saying is create a 1. black owned businesses.....and 2. hire black graduates.......what is so bad about that?

You might ask your self why? Well Tariq already has said it.Over half of black graduates are unemployed. Now lets look at the landscape of small and corporate business owners in America.90 percent are white. 90 percent are going to hire their own skin color first over a black man.90 percent already have jobs saved for family/friends.....and the list goes on.

Black grads are left with the scraps....and the rest are unemployed. How can you believe that America has a white supremacist system but look over the fact that black grads are not getting hired. I've saw studies that show a howard degree is just as good an ivy league degree. There is no excuse for this bullshyt to be going on.If the economy was good, blacks imo would still be in the same situation with slightly different percentages.

I know this first hand because a family member of mine has an bachelor degree and cant find shyt.

So why is it so bad to give the poor black common man better opportunities that is TRYING to in better his life, not asking for handouts?
preach :ohlawd:

just like tariq pointed out stephen a c00ns bullshyt about blacks showing up to job interviews w/their pants sagging, with a fitted hat on backwards. he's being equally dishonest about why there are so many black men caught up in 'the struggle'

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
he's suggesting people that hold rich blacks accountable for community building are basically asking for handouts.

If we're going to hold rich blacks accountable, why not hold the system that put us in the position in the first place? Last time I checked, Kevin Hart didn't burn down your business or Lebron never denied you from housing/business loans. That's like if I lived in LA and I got mad at you because I'm broke, when you didn't do shyt too me?

Gravity

Banned
Daps
this is the bullshyt i'm talking about right here. anytime the conversation turns to why wealthy blacks aren't reaching back and investing in black communities, the discussion quickly turns to lazy blacks expecting free handouts. this is a white supremacist rhetoric blacks are using against eachother. again, this is not about giving free money to poor blacks, its about INVESTING in businesses and infrastructure thats sorely needed in black neighborhoods. this is about giving blacks the opportunity to FISH for a lifetime.

but i agree, blacks dont want to accept reality. which is why i feel no sympathy when they go broke shortly after retirement. cus if they would invest in their neighborhoods, they'd have a diverse supply of income to sustain their lifestyle. but like sterling said, these c00ns would rather play golf with him. a jew that dont really like nikkas at all but uses them as a means of income.
You sound like the white supremacist. You're even quoting Sterling laughing at the misfortune and ignorance of other blacks. You can toss that term c00n around at others but you're just projecting. Cats like you don't really care about the community you just use the issue as a means to bring down other blacks. I'm not against blacks investing in ourselves, each other, and our communities because that's a responsibility that we all have and that we all should take on. I'm against crabs jumping on your high horse pointing at blacks higher than you trying to bring them down. Why aren't you investing in black communities? Why aren't you getting your friends and family to invest in the community? Those are the things that you should be worried about before you start pointing the finger at others. With all of the disposable income that runs in and out of our community we don't need celebrity blacks to play the savior roles. A lot of these celebrities do have businesses in the hood and do give back. Obviously that's not good enough for you which makes it seem like you just want to be saved. You want black celebrities to make sacrifices that you yourself aren't willing to make. That's weak.