The Tariq Nasheed Thread

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
man, its not impossible to start a successful business with 2500, but the odds are stacked. i mean, i hate this notion that nikkas can start businesses with little to nothing. i'm working with a buddy to get something popping and we're looking at well over 100,000 in inventory alone. not including the lease, and all the other expenses. but nikkas wanna come out here and think they can build businesses with a few grand. shyt is depressing :snoop:

So, because you and your friend want to start a business with a very high startup cost, that means every business that every black person thinks of needs at least $100K before moving forward?

I think the idea that every person needs an incredible amount of startup money for an idea is FALSE and not even accurate. If your business idea needs that, cool. Say that. But don't discourage the dude that only needs a couple stacks? That's some quasi-hater sh#t bro.

And even if everyone has $100K for their business, n#ggas would still be on some "well, you probably won't make it" sh#t. Don't be one of those dudes.

Peace

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
that's wassup, i've used auto-detailers when i've been too lazy to drive to a car wash. tipped em fairly well too.

Yeah, I had some workers run it for me. We used to post up at these spots on Friday and the Weekend and make a killing. I can't wash cars for shyt and the fukks I had working for me were in and out of jail. One day I ran into a guy that ran an auto detailing shop that knew about the van and he offered me $6500 and I sold all that shyt to him.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So, because you and your friend want to start a business with a very high startup cost, that means every business that every black person thinks of needs at least $100K before moving forward?

I think the idea that every person needs an incredible amount of startup money for an idea is FALSE and not even accurate. If your business idea needs that, cool. Say that. But don't discourage the dude that only needs a couple stacks? That's some quasi-hater sh#t bro.

And even if everyone has $100K for their business, n#ggas would still be on some "well, you probably won't make it" sh#t. Don't be one of those dudes.

Peace

it easily beats the logic that everyone can start a business with 100-2,500 dollars. which is the idea you and tariq are peddling

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Last edited:

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
it easily beats the logic that everyone can start a business with 100-2,500 dollars. which is the idea you and tariq are peddling
You're moving the goalposts. These are your words:
no one can start a viable business with 2,500
You don't know what you're talking about and you're spreading harmful misinformation.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're moving the goalposts. These are your words:

You don't know what you're talking about and you're spreading harmful misinformation.

hey, fair enough and technically, you CAN start a business with nothing. but the odds are seriously stacked against you. most people cant turn 2,500 into a viable option. i'm a little concerned this will be like pay day or car title loans, and tariq gets a bunch of young entrepreneurs jammed with bad credit. has tariq specified any of the terms of these business loans?

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
hey, fair enough and technically, you CAN start a business with nothing. but the odds are seriously stacked against you.
Not if you're willing to do what it takes. All you need is something to sell and an affordable way to reach customers. You can pay a fixed price per month for a skype subscription and make unlimited calls. If you don't have the balls to cold call, you can use email which is free. If you don't have your own product/service to sell then find someone who does and be a middleman. It's all about hustling.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not if you're willing to do what it takes. All you need is something to sell and an affordable way to reach customers. You can pay a fixed price per month for a skype subscription and make unlimited calls. If you don't have the balls to cold call, you can use email which is free. If you don't have your own product/service to sell then find someone who does and be a middleman. It's all about hustling.
are we talking about businesses that can actually sustain yourself and others, or little hustle ventures that'll put a couple extrra bucks in your pocket?

Last edited:

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
are we talking about businesses that can actually sustain yourself and others, or little hustle ventures that'll put a couple extrra bucks in your pocket?

We're talking about businesses that can sustain yourself and others. You have to start somewhere and cold calling is perfect since it teaches you how to sell which is one of the most important skills in business. When you've been cold calling for a while, you can use the money and sales skills you've acquired to hire and train people to make the sales calls for you. That's how you grow.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Still pimping the "collective" bullshyt as an excuse smfh. First thing you and the rest of the collective crew gotta do is sustain yourselves first and then worry about the other stuff. Always putting the cart before the hose ass dudes.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
We're talking about businesses that can sustain yourself and others. You have to start somewhere and cold calling is perfect since it teaches you how to sell which is one of the most important skills in business. When you've been cold calling for a while, you can use the money and sales skills you've acquired to hire and train people to make the sales calls for you. That's how you grow.
Man people like dude is scarred will be on here 10yrs from now still talking scary rhetoric filled with excuses and reasons not to do stuff.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Still pimping the "collective" bullshyt as an excuse smfh. First thing you and the rest of the collective crew gotta do is sustain yourselves first and then worry about the other stuff. Always putting the cart before the hose ass dudes.

what did i type about a collective? :camby: its about being realistic over what 2,500 can actually do for you. i know everyone hates the idea of having a boss, but focus on earning skills through employment if all they have to work with is a few grand.