The Tariq Nasheed Thread

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Before you post a zillion googled examples are you cool with it?

That's what Riq fans never say I'm cool with it

fukk the whataboutism argument.
i'm cool with it. Just say you didn't realize other "legit" museums have comedy nights.

Join us for a night of chuckles and laughs as we proudly present our comedy show event series!

Featuring some of the best comedians from around the region, this series of comedy shows will bring a unique and hilarious experience to all! Whether you’re a fan of stand-up comedy, sketch comedy, improv, or anything else in between, you’ll be sure to find something that tickles your funny bone here.

Here’s the line up for April 15:

Our new comedy show series is held on select dates. Please check our website for the latest information. All shows will take place in Beatnik Bob’s, with limited seating available.

Tickets are available online and include General Admission to the museum! Please note that all shows are for ages 18 and over only.

We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming comedy shows! Don’t miss out on laughs, fun, and a memorable experience.

:wow:

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Tariq said there'd be a wall for tributes and he delivered :manny:
Fp6eps2aYAAQOaY

That's a nice mural.

I'm not mad at Tariq at all. The mortgage has to be expensive. He has to generate revenue somehow.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
i'm cool with it. Just say you didn't realize other "legit" museums have comedy nights.

Most museums have dedicated event spaces, including the place you linked. Those spaces are normally separate from (non-interactive) exhibits and artifacts. But considering the Hidden History Museum doesn’t appear to have any historical exhibits ir artifacts, I guess it makes sense he’d host the events right in the middle of the museum.

Also, other museums seem to have a variety of events which may include comedy nights or mixers and such… but not weekly repeating events as though that is the purpose of the facility. I mean, Tariq is kind of hovering in this gray area. The question is really, is the museum serving its purpose. Because if it actually has valuable and accurate information and museum worthy content (I define museum worthy as unique items that are difficult for the general public to find or access), then he can host whatever he wants there and not deserve criticism. I question whether he accomplishes that, though.

Can anyone actually name an exhibit there that makes it worth the price of admission?

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Most museums have dedicated event spaces, including the place you linked. Those spaces are normally separate from (non-interactive) exhibits and artifacts. But considering the Hidden History Museum doesn’t appear to have any historical exhibits ir artifacts, I guess it makes sense he’d host the events right in the middle of the museum.

Also, other museums seem to have a variety of events which may include comedy nights or mixers and such… but not weekly repeating events as though that is the purpose of the facility. I mean, Tariq is kind of hovering in this gray area. The question is really, is the museum serving its purpose. Because if it actually has valuable and accurate information and museum worthy content (I define museum worthy as unique items that are difficult for the general public to find or access), then he can host whatever he wants there and not deserve criticism. I question whether he accomplishes that, though.

Can anyone actually name an exhibit there that makes it worth the price of admission?
Tariq is the main exhibit, the brotha is selling himself on everything even the comedy night flyer :pachaha:

He should do business workshops to help brothas and sistas become self employed like him. I think that could be one of his most lucrative income streams.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
That's a nice mural.

I'm not mad at Tariq at all. The mortgage has to be expensive. He has to generate revenue somehow.
It genuinely is but it's wild that he told people there'd be a Wall Of Honor for their contributions and they got a painting centering himself :dead:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

splitting hairs and moving goal posts. Again, people need to just admit they didn't realize real museums do the exact shyt.

Enjoy some laughs at Bonkerz Comedy Series – Daytona Beach inside the Museum of Arts & Sciences! Join us for hilarious comedy shows select Fridays featuring Bonkerz’ comedians from TV & the Movies!
Shows Select Fridays at 6:30pm
Doors open at 6pm
Admission: $10.00 for members and $12.00 for future members
18 & up welcome
Beer & Wine Available

Museum of Arts and Sciences Daytona Beach

Museum of Arts and Sciences

(inside the Root Family Auditorium)
352 S Nova Road
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Location Map
(386) 255-0285
Sign up to receive updates and special offers for this location via text message.
MOAS.org

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps

Let me help you Tariq Nasheed children out since you just don't get it....

Our new comedy show series is held on select dates. Please check our website for the latest information. All shows will take place in Beatnik Bob’s, with limited seating available.

And if you look up "Beatnik Bobs" you might run into their Instagram page:

And as you can see, it is a completely distinguished retro carnival and arcade themed bar and cafe, which looks kinda kick ass actually, thanks for sharing.

The place doesn't even run during the same hours as the museum according to their webpoint.

Ive said it again in this thread before: there is a difference between a bug museum that extends to a bar-cafe, auditorium, or theatre; and a bar-cafe decorated with some memorabilia.

Tariq G'd his audience out of a million bucks promising a museum. A ttwo level museum. Yall instead payed him to open up the Hidden History Hard Rock Cafe right next to a liquor store plaza. And he didnt even buy the spot out of the peoples donations. He pocketed every penny and took out a mortgage. This is pathetic my nikka.l

Yall folks that depend on these internet nikkas for some purpose, pride, and big brother bonding is just hard headed fools. Yall keep excusing his shyt and refuse to get it. You gotta laugh at this point.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
splitting hairs and moving goal posts. Again, people need to just admit they didn't realize real museums do the exact shyt.

Maybe you didn’t read my post but what you just linked actually confirms my post.

1. This event is hosted in a separate event space. The auditorium.

2. It’s in SELECT Fridays and it’s not even hosted by the museum. It looks like the production company is probably just renting the space out and hosting an event there

With that said, I said it doesn’t even matter if he’s hosting whatever at the museum if the museum serves its desired purpose, because that’s all that really matters in the end.

So again… is there an exhibit at the museum that makes it worth the price of admission? Surely anyone this adamant about the validity of the museum has some idea of what of value is there.

The National Center for Civil and Human Rights in Atlanta has a simulation for diner sit-ins, actual hand written letters, audio accounts of people who did the Freedom Rides with their pictures, etc. This conversation is over if you/he can show that he has admission worthy exhibits.

Last edited: