The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

Sir ZDuke

All Star
Daps
It'll hurt us a little bit but the big loser.......ASIANS.

They think getting rid of 20 Black and Latino kids opens up slots for them :russ: .

NOPE! Now schools will use family income which still favors us OR.....they will increase legacy admissions which favors white people.

So Asians played themselves.
I would think this is how this would play out, but looking at their percentages in the UC system makes me :patrice:

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
I mean Biden is in office and AA was still struck down, what will another 4 years of Democrat do? Ain't the point of voting Democrat is to keep things in our favor? Roe v. Wade, AA gone, Student Loans still need to be paid back.

Things could be far worse with the GOP, but still.

The dems just don't play the long game well. RBG was damn near 90 when she died in Office. You know what a republican gonna do if he gets elected into office? retire ol ass clarence thomas so they can replace him with another conservative.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
You went to UM right. They'll value it there, trust me. And in a variety of other similar universities, and I think Ivy schools will consider it too. Now are you gonna get into the University of Florida with racial considerations? No.
I went to Eastern Michigan and accepting that the Florida's of the world won't consider race whatsoever speaks to the eventual whitening, india-ing and asian-ing of literally a majority of schools in America. That's not "fine".

Daps
I mean Biden is in office and AA was still struck down, what will another 4 years of Democrat do? Ain't the point of voting Democrat is to keep things in our favor? Roe v. Wade, AA gone, Student Loans still need to be paid back.

Things could be far worse with the GOP, but still.
The point is, Supreme Court, and ending “wokeness”. You know what wokeness is pertaining to black people.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Not thrilled but honestly I am surprised it survived this long. It's been a target since the Bakke case in the 70s against quotas and we thought it would be dead in the early 2000s when the whole Ward Connerly push etc. was going on but the conservative judges weren't that right wing back then. We have to organize to take control over our education since state education for Blacks is under attack at all levels with this CRT crap.