The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Pragmatic opinions on the Coli are rare. You can’t expect other groups to sit back, and accept things that don’t benefit them. I think economic affirmative action should exist. That would take care of the black students who need the extra boost. Black families with money don’t have the same access to connections, but the kids aren’t in the same dire position.

Universities are very willing to help black kids with or without affirmative action though.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
And there it is.
Bunch of brehs in here was all for this and saying it only benefitted white women anyway. Notice they restricted race based admission, not gender.

Hope you motherfukkers happy.

I been trying to tell these dudes that for YEARS whenever AA comes up but they always fall back on the "it'll hurt white women too".

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Keeping black people outside the levers of higher education especially in vital majors like medicine, law and other science related fields etc has been of the main goals of conservatives and their movement for decades if not more, today they get their wish granted to them by this right wing conservative supreme court, ending several decades of precedence and settled law. As a result of this decision the number of black people getting admitted into these universities and high level institutions would be severely hampered, and that's their goal, even if it can reduce the number of black folks getting into these institutions by 20-30 percent its a substantial win for them and in turn less qualified blacks that can credibly challenge them on their bigotry.

Also please pay particular attention to the vote, it was 6-3 all republican appointed judges by trump and George w bush voting to end this and all democratically appointed judges voting to maintain this long thought settled law. This is why i say no self respecting black person can sanely support a
republican from their policies down to their judges they appoint everything is set out to limit freedom and the civil liberties of minorities/non whites.

Last edited:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean Biden is in office and AA was still struck down, what will another 4 years of Democrat do? Ain't the point of voting Democrat is to keep things in our favor? Roe v. Wade, AA gone, Student Loans still need to be paid back.

Things could be far worse with the GOP, but still.
:dahell: :ohmy::gucci:

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
So if the conservative Supreme Court strikes this stuff down is puts Biden r elections chances at stake?

Wtf

There are people on this very forum that think Obama legalized gay marriage when it was actually a SCOTUS ruling so I won't be surprised in a future narrative that will blame Biden for the erasure of affirmative action.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean Biden is in office and AA was still struck down, what will another 4 years of Democrat do? Ain't the point of voting Democrat is to keep things in our favor? Roe v. Wade, AA gone, Student Loans still need to be paid back.

Appoint more federal judges, possibly pack the courts, ...
Its precisely because Trump was elected that AA and Roe v Wade is gone in the first place.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
These are the last 2 rulings right? These rulings will be released on the last day bc they will be the most controversial

Striking down affirmative action in admissions will have chilling impacts on employment eventually...we already see GOP is targeting the funding of DEI to be their next culture war

Clarence Thomas & Alito are licking their chops like :shaq:
The goal is to dismantle all the benefits the federal government gives people whilst preserving it as an apparatus of control. They want states to be little fiefdoms where the governor can do whatever he wants with no federal government telling them its unconstitutional or illegal.

The mindset of Republicans is also "this world is fundamentally corrupt and we need to bring about the end times so humanity can be purified" once you understand those two things you can understand why they are making decisions that look irrational. They are actively trying to cause as much death and suffering as they can with the hope that it will trigger Armageddon.

Climate change? They'll do nothing about it because they need it to kill as many as possible.

Gun violence? Same thing

Disease? They're actively fighting any measures to expand Healthcare and fund hospitals and clinics

Families? Cutting any benefits that would give people an incentive to raise them

Education? Cutting public funding to create violent criminals that will kill, go to jail and then kill in jail.

At the heart of everything they oppose and everything they support is death.

Kyle C. Barker

Daps

I hate being right :beli: