The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Community colleges gonna discriminate, too.

Pretty much, a bunch of bright black high school grads gonna be forced to skip college.

All the smart non athletic students should just do trade schools... we need to have STEM/Trade school like colleges these are not promoted enough...:francis:

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Yup.

I casually scrolled through this thread and see people pointing fingers at Trump and voters and different ethnic groups... This is all RBGs fault. She didn't want the black president to replace her, wanted to wait for the white female president, that never happened and she passed on.
If anything DT created permanent funding for the HBCUs.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The other aspect to this ruling is that all of the military academies are exempt. So AA still applies for black folks at West Point if you don’t mind getting your ass shot off once you graduate…
:francis:

Black bodies to die in corporate wars :snoop:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
A win is a win. He could’ve easily thrown it out, no?
No. I don't think that's how it works. Once a bill is passed by the House and Senate it geaux to the President to Sign. I think if Trump wanted to not sign it would have to geaux to Supreme Court...been awhile since I did any Civics in HS...so I think you may be right...Trump could've ended it..let me google..

Edited: Trump could've Vetoed and then it geaux back to Congress which would need over 2/3rds vote? And then it must passed or led to the SC to finally decide...I was quick reading so I could be wrong.

But yes that was the best thing Trump did do for black America...he gave HBCUs funding

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Not enough spaces for black students if every black kid applies in HBCUs. :francis:
How do you know this? I don’t believe this is true. My HBCU continues to grow. There are other HBCUs that are growing.

If there is a black American that wants to go to an HBCU, he/she can get there as long as they’re willing to put in some work.

I say all this as someone who isn’t trying to funnel every black boy or girl into an HBCU, but if one wants to go, they can get in. They will also be educated and prepared for corporate America or wherever they choose to work

Last edited:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Of course the will never end legacy admissions. Those are the people that donate billions to those schools and of course they will never give up the opportunity to educate the children of the rich and powerful.

One thing i hate about this whole discourse as it relates to Asians is that everyone is just sitting back and acting like it's impossible to outscore them. I work with alot of these folks and i find it hilarious. They're not some super human set of people just alot of rote memorization .

For instance my little cousin scored in the low 1500s on the SAT and all she did was study, take previous tests under timed conditions and take the actual tests multiple times.

She also payed for the results to find her weak areas to improve.

taking the tests and getting results only cost around $70 plus you can take the highest scores from each section and use it as your final score

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Fba should get the same treatment as legacy students

Being a descendent of the slaves who built America should outweigh every other metric schools use to judge applicants
The ones who were directly effected by that university do but there is no collective effort. See Georgetown

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis:I just want the loans to be forgiven at this point. AA was on borrowed time and it was a matter of a second that the toad looking uncle Tom ass Clarence Thomas unload the clip. It sucks that it had to be this way, but on the real its going to backfire more ways than one because this is not going to hit us as hard as folks may think (marsupial with the spirit of a black numbers runner of the 60s :ehh:)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
How do you know this? I don’t believe this is true. My HBCU continues to grow. There are other HBCUs that are growing.

If there is a black American that wants to go to an HBCU, he/she can get there as long as they’re willing to put in some work.

I say all this as someone who isn’t trying to funnel every black boy or girl into an HBCU, but if one wants to go, they can get in. They will also be educated and prepared for corporate America or wherever they choose to work

At best, our size of the population we can only take in 10-15% of the black 18 year olds into these institutions at a single time. I'm talking about classroom sizes, housing, and so on.