"The Superbowl of Gaming" Official E3 2014 Thread

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only thing i'm worried about wiht MKX is them servers...i don't know about y'all but them fukking servers was HORRIBLE..i've played MAYBE 10 matches online in that games existence..I literally waited a year in hopes they fixed the servers..and they didn't so fukk Netherealm for that shyt

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Destiny looking boring as fukk, only going to play the beta and switch my pre order money to gta 5 next gen, Sony's conference wasn't bad at all, slight edge to Microsoft though, we'll see what NintenGOAT does with it

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Wasn't a fan of the extra shyt Sony showed last night outside of gaming but they got too much shyt Playstation related compared to their competition.

Ps4, Ps3, Vita, PS TV, Movies with PS characters, etc.

MS just has the Xbox One and 360. did they even talk about the Halo TV show or even mention the 360 (they already left that behind just like they did the OG Xbox huh?).

Nintendo has the Wii U and 3DS.

Sony could have had something seperate for POWER, but letting everyone know that PS Plus users would get to watch it for free was something they needed to get out to the world and E3 was the place to do it. I get it, but :yeshrug:

I don' think one conference was clearly superior to the other. Some say MS had a slight edge, I say Sony had a slight edge. It's whateva.

I was hoping to hear something about a potential return of 2K football though.....there's still hope this week right? :to:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I went to the Sony event in Union Square NYC last night. I feel like Sony once again justified my choice in going PS4

LBP3 unveiling (along with a November release date) put the body bag and toe tag on Project Spark. :umad:

Far Cry 4 will let your friend jump in and join in co-op without having the game themselves :whew:. not getting that on XboxDone

The Last of Us remastered in 1080p / 60fps :damn:

GTA V letting you bring your save progress from PS3 or 360 up to the PS4 :mindblown:

No Man's Sky looks INCREDIBLE.

and these are just appetizers

2015 looks to be a dominant year for Sony with The Order, Bloodborne, and UNCHARTED 4 on deck

Absolutely :wow:

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
When Nintendo showin start cuz im not watchin E3 for no other console

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You prob read only what you bolded :snoop:

If you took the Stan glasses off and read the rest of the post you'd see why I said what I said

Sony is supposed to be strictly games and gave MS shyt for TV, apps, and stuff like that last year but turned around and did the same this year with PS TV and the shows. And don't even get me started on dude showing concept art at E3. Sony not only showed stuff they criticized MS for, but spent almost an hour doing it. An hour they could've used to drop bombs

As an owner of both systems, Sony gave me little reason to be excited for the future. GTA5 next gen, Mortal Kombat X, No Man's Sky is multiplat, Last of Us is already preordered, most of the lineup is 2015, and Uncharted isn't coming out any time soon

Granted both conferences had multiplats but last night I felt better for the upcoming year for my Xbox One than I did for my PS4
Nope I read everything. Last year M$ got shyt rightfully so because the systems weren't out yet, you're supposed to sell people on your GAME consoles first and foremost. Coming off to a rocky reveal in May with horrible rumors about how you're console will work and then CONFIRMING all that shyt at E3 when you got shyt to prove is exactly why they shyt for that.

A year has since passed and obviously M$ had a lot to prove since they're PR with the customers has been shaky but started improving with Phil at the helm.

Sony did not spend no damn hour showing TV stuff, get out of here with this exaggeration. They spent TEN minutes talking about this shyt, I counted. Unless you want to lump talking about a service such as PS now which is gaming related into the Powers reveal. Either way it wasn't even 30 minutes of non gaming talk. You can double check that.

The PS Vita TV is a new device coming to the west, why not talk about it?? shyt took literally 2 minutes to mention and it's gaming related. After that, they revealed games such as LBP3 by surprise coming out THIS YEAR, TLOU next month, and we already know about Driveclub in OCT. They didn't touch on DC since it's already on the show floor to play. The various indie games were a given so after you put those aside, the rest of the games were multiplat and 2015 games.

Exclusive wise Halo collection, Forza Horizon and Sunset are slated for release this year. The next set of games shown were CG trailers for 2015 games. I mean of course if you're a huge halo fan you'd be excited for the collection but let's not overstate what games were shown here as if there is 10 exclusives coming out on Xbox one this year.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - DLC first on Xbox

Forza 5 Free DLC - Available today

Forza Horizon 2 - Xbox One exclusive

Evolve - BETA Xbox exclusive

Assassins Creed: Unity

Dragon Age: Inquisition - DLC first on Xbox

Sunset Overdrive - Xbox exclusive

Dead Rising 3 DLC - Available now

Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved - Xbox exclusive

Dance Central: Spotlight - Xbox One exclusive

Fable Legends - Xbox exclusive

Project Spark - Microsoft exclusive

ORI and the Blind Forest - Xbox One exclusive?

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Xbox One exclusive, retouched, original Halo 2 Multiplayer

Halo 5: Guardians + Halo: Nightfall (live action series) - BETA in December, BETA included in Master Chief Collection

2015 and Beyond

INSIDE - Xbox first

Lots of Indies from ID@Xbox

Rise of the Tomb Raider

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Kill Instinct TJ Combo DLC for Season 2

Phantom Dust - Xbox One exclusive

Tom Clancy's The Division - New content first on Xbox One

Scalebound - Xbox One exclusive

Crackdown - Xbox One exclusive

Put things into proper perspective breh.

I mean lets be real, both sides showed an equal amount of games and "Uncharted isn't coming out any time soon" is the same as Halo 5 which isn't coming any time soon since they didn't show any gameplay from it. Saying Sony gives you little to be excited for the future all the while claiming the same amount of content on Xbox excited you seems to simply be purely subjective.

Last edited:

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
Nope I read everything. Last year M$ got shyt rightfully so because the systems weren't out yet, you're supposed to sell people on your GAME consoles first and foremost. A year has since passed and obviously M$ had a lot to prove since they're PR with the customers has been shaky but started improving.

Sony did not spend no damn hour showing TV stuff, get out of here with this. They spent TEN minutes talking about this shyt, I counted. The PS Vita TV is a new device coming to the west, why not talk about it?? It's gaming related. After that, they revealed games such as LBP3 by surprise coming out THIS YEAR, TLOU next month, and we already know about Driveclub in OCT. They didn't touch on DC since it's already on the showfloor to play. The various indie games were a given so after you put those aside, the rest of the games were multiplat and 2015 games.

Exclusive wise Halo collection, Forza Horizon and Sunset are slated for release this year. The next set of games shown were CG trailers for 2015 games. I mean of course if you're a huge halo fan you'd be excited for the collection but let's not overstate what games were shown here.

I mean lets be real, both sides showed an equal amount of games and "Uncharted isn't coming out any time soon" is the same as Halo 5 which isn't coming any time soon since they didn't show any gameplay from it.

E3 is a GAMING EVENT. TV, Apps and the like have no place there. I gave MS the same criticism last year and before when they showed that stuff instead of games

Vita TV/Youtube/movies and shows could've been revealed via press release

If anything the time spent on the above could've been spent talking about PS Now and more time alloted to Morpheus/VR

LBP3: maybe

TLoU: already preordered

Destiny: Beta will decide whether I buy

Driveclub: Will cop PS+ version and decide if it's worth spending extra for full game

Indie games: will check them out. Most of the indies on PS4 now are uninstalled within a month

Halo 5 isn't dropping anytime soon but it at least has a beta in December so we'll be able to play it and get a taste of it. Can't say the same for Uncharted which won't be in my hands till fall 2015 at the earliest

I'll give you that they showed an equal amount of games. However I came from MS conference more excited for the year and beyond. I can't say the same for the Sony conference and the PS4

As an owner of both a PS4 and Xbox One. I came from the conferences with the conclusion that more money will go to the X1 this year and next

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean lets be real, both sides showed an equal amount of games and "Uncharted isn't coming out any time soon" is the same as Halo 5 which isn't coming any time soon since they didn't show any gameplay from it.

No. Not counting remakes, The only exclusive 2014 game talked about for Sony was LBP 3. While I enjoyed the first two, i don't think it's the type of game to get fans excited for the ps4

In comparison. X1 had sunset overdrive, forza horizon, ori and the blind forest, KI season 2, project spark, dance central

All exclusive, all for 2014. There's something for everybody on that list.

For 2015 Sony had. Uncharted 4, the order, and bloodborne.

Microsoft had Scalebound, halo 5, phantom dust, fable

Really don't see how a playstation owner/fan could be satisfied with what they showed, as far as exclusives go

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
E3 is a GAMING EVENT. TV, Apps and the like have no place there.
They kind of don't but to make it seem as if the Sony conference spent 50 minutes on TV and apps is nonsense. I counted at at most 15 minutes is how long it was spent on tv/apps combined.

Vita TV/Youtube/movies and shows could've been revealed via press release
They could.

If anything the time spent on the above could've been spent talking about PS Now and more time alloted to Morpheus/VR
:what: That could be relegated to a press release and people would've bytched about "Man all this streaming bullshyt I want GAMES!!"

LBP3: maybe
See that's on you right there. LBP is a must have for me, i was like :blessed: literally when I seen it. I'm terribly excited for it.

TLoU: already preordered
I haven't.

Destiny: Beta will decide whether I buy

Driveclub: Will cop PS+ version and decide if it's worth spending extra for full game

Indie games: will check them out. Most of the indies on PS4 now are uninstalled within a month

Halo 5 isn't dropping anytime soon but it at least has a beta in December so we'll be able to play it. Can't say the same for Uncharted
Destiny looked wack to me from last time I seen it but I got to play it first. Driveclub looked amazing from the last videos I've seen and the thing about it simply being available to try on PS+ is great. Indie games are hit or miss. There was quite a few indie games that weren't at the conference but are on the showfloor(Axiom Verge, Apotheon etc.)

I'll give you that they showed an equal amount of games. However I came from MS conference more excited for the year and beyond. I can't say the same for the Sony conference and the PS4
That's you. I'm excited for Bloodborne, Let it die and Uncharted 4. The Order looked :ehh: to me.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No. Not counting remakes, The only exclusive 2014 game talked about for Sony was LBP 3. While I enjoyed the first two, i don't think it's the type of game to get fans excited for the ps4

In comparison. X1 had sunset overdrive, forza horizon, ori and the blind forest, KI season 2, project spark, dance central

All exclusive, all for 2014. There's something for everybody on that list.

For 2015 Sony had. Uncharted 4, the order, and bloodborne.

Microsoft had Scalebound, halo 5, phantom dust, fable

Really don't see how a playstation owner/fan could be satisfied with what they showed, as far as exclusives go
Oh really?? :stopitslime: I'm not surprised.

:camby: No sense in arguing about what someone cares about more. I literally know nikkas that couldn't give a fukk about Killer Instinct or project spark so miss me with that "everybody is happy" bullshyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Oh really?? :stopitslime: I'm not surprised.

:camby: No sense in arguing about what someone cares about more. I literally know nikkas that couldn't give a fukk about Killer Instinct or project spark so miss me with that "everybody is happy" bullshyt.

Not talking about individual opinions on the games.

Just comparing them as a whole. Microsoft has more games and a more diverse list, including fan favorites, reboots, and brand new IP's for both 2104 and 2015.

Sony's showing was a bit paltry in comparision

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
They kind of don't but to make it seem as if the Sony conference spent 50 minutes on TV and apps is nonsense. I counted at at most 15 minutes is how long it was spent on tv/apps combined.

They could.

:what: That could be relegated to a press release and people would've bytched about "Man all this streaming bullshyt I want GAMES!!"

See that's on you right there. LBP is a must have for me, i was like :blessed: literally when I seen it. I'm terribly excited for it.

I haven't.

Destiny looked wack to me from last time I seen it but I got to play it first. Driveclub looked amazing from the last videos I've seen and the thing about it simply being available to try on PS+ is great. Indie games are hit or miss. There was quite a few indie games that weren't at the conference but are on the showfloor(Axiom Verge, Apotheon etc.)

That's you. I'm excited for Bloodborne, Let it die and Uncharted 4. The Order looked :ehh: to me.

:myman: this is why I fukk with you (pause)

Instead of drawing the argument out, you acknowledge that I'm hype for some things and you are hype for other things

My thing is even though I have both systems, I'm not made of money, so I kept a close eye on both conferences to decide what gets spent money on (and what system I buy it on. The superior version of a multiplat ain't shyt if you don't have people to play them with. Luckily most of the Coli brehs are on PSN and my friends IRL are on XBL so it's pretty even there) and what doesn't

When Halo Collection drops I'll be rolling with the brehs @AkaDemiK @Gifted one and my TBM breh @Christian3o5

When Uncharted drops I'll be on with the N4O brehs

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Can someone link me or tell me the list of exclusives for xbox and ps4 I'm trying to determine which to buy :wow:

Xbox:
Sunset overdrive
Forza horizon
Halo collection
Below
Ori and the blind forest
Killer instinct season 2

PS4
Driveclub
Littlebigplanet 3

Xbox:

quantum break