"The Superbowl of Gaming" Official E3 2014 Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man my only problem is indie games shouldn't be a main focus of E3. I always felt the first party support and the EA and ubisofts of the world should be the main focus and portables, system add-ons and indie's should be segments of the presentations. I think the focus on indie games maybe one of the reason why this year's show is being judged so critically by gamers.

I get what you saying, but I think gamers only have themselves to blame...gamers always say they want new ips, fresh ideas for games, something that isn't a sequel, nor a knock-off of another title, etc., not the same ole games...yet, when those games come out, gamers dont put their money where their mouths are...for the most part, they dont go out and buy those new kinda games that companies try to put out...they go buy those sequels, knock-offs, and same ole games they claim they tried of...companies see this, and with the costs of games increasing, companies aren't taking as many chances on those other kinda games....they going with what they know will sell.....which means less games being made by major studios.....to fill that void, they relaying more on indies....since those games are cheaper....

that's why I say the indies are a win for everyone....gamers get more and different kinds of games; those devs get the chance to showcase their game to a larger audience; and big companies can put out more games for cheap....also, if one of those indies becomes a hit, the big companies will put more money behind that dev to make more games....

in short: if games want more big games, they gotta start spending more money

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I get what you saying, but I think gamers only have themselves to blame...gamers always say they want new ips, fresh ideas for games, something that isn't a sequel, nor a knock-off of another title, etc., not the same ole games...yet, when those games come out, gamers dont put their money where their mouths are...for the most part, they dont go out and buy those new kinda games that companies try to put out...they go buy those sequels, knock-offs, and same ole games they claim they tried of...companies see this, and with the costs of games increasing, companies aren't taking as many chances on those other kinda games....they going with what they know will sell.....which means less games being made by major studios.....to fill that vid, they relaying more indies....since those games are cheaper....

that's why I say the indies are a win for everyone....gamers get more and different kinds of games; those devs get the chance to showcase their game to a larger audience; and big companies can put out more games for cheap....also, if one of those indies becomes a hit, the big companies will put more money behind that dev to make more games....

in short: if games want more big games, they gotta start spending more money

Truth.com

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
so basically this was one of the weaker E3s.

it's clear that many studios were not bullish on next gen so they started serious development too late and now we are stuck looking at 2015 games. the japanese publishers are the worst. they are seriously slacking. i can only get excited for a certain amount of western games before i feel overloaded.

sony should not have been so smug in response to the last guardian cancellation rumor if they were not going to show footage

square enix is simply demonic in the way they behave. i cut capcom some slack because they are damn near broke, but square enix can do better
To much money involved in this. If the dont make a homerun out the gate, alot of devs are fukked.

This is why gaming is going to become like films, high budgets and rehashed IP's.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
To much money involved in this. If the dont make a homerun out the gate, alot of devs are fukked.

This is why gaming is going to become like films, high budgets and rehashed IP's.
good. if it follows movies then indie games and mid-budget games should find a decent audience in the near future. right now the number one movie in america is about sick teenage lovers instead of a big budget sci fi flick starring one of the biggest movie stars in history. :obama:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
good. if it follows movies then indie games and mid-budget games should find a decent audience in the near future. right now the number one movie in america is about sick teenage lovers instead of a big budget sci fi flick starring one of the biggest movie stars in history. :obama:
Smaller teams need better tools. SOmething with like the equivalent of an RPG maker/Far Cry Map editor/Little Big Planet type tool that can actually make Real games. YOu can import any kinda object you want and create 3d worlds with little programming experience. Simplify the tools and the classics will come.

COnsidering final fantasy 7 cost damn near 50 milion to make i doubt this will ever happen.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Smaller teams need better tools. SOmething with like the equivalent of an RPG maker/Far Cry Map editor/Little Big Planet type tool that can actually make Real games. YOu can import any kinda object you want and create 3d worlds with little programming experience. Simplify the tools and the classics will come.

COnsidering final fantasy 7 cost damn near 50 milion to make i doubt this will ever happen.
if you look at no man's sky, we are approaching an era where indies make ambitious 3d games. it seems to be happening

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
E3 is weak because it's mostly a cac convention. Sema like asians are waiting till the Tokyo game show to show off their games.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was satisfied with e3....games, games, and more games...whatever system you got, you should be good.....personally, I got enough coming out this year to keep me busy, but not too much so I can play some of my backlog...which I need to do, cause it seems next year I will be adding to it with the shyt load of fiya releasing....