The Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon, but also 400 times farther away than the Moon from Earth

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Because it's called line of sight and there's enough experimentation here on Earth to tell you that the Sun is bigger than the Moon.

Put a 100 ft cube 200 ft from you. Now put a 40000 ft cube 80000 ft from you. I bet if you look directly at that 100 ft cube, you won't see the 40000 ft cube behind it.

You can do this experiment with any small and large object from decent distances. Even a thermos and a vase.

Because. You know. Science.

But but but....that's white people science....it doesn't apply to black people...the laws of physics and nature are different to us....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was addressing the "believing in other galaxies and planets that they never seen" part.

Even though I've never been within 100 feet of Mars should you or I choose to believe that it doesn't exist?

I can go with the "You never seen your brain but know it exists" analogy but we know you need something there to survive. You don't need to know about what's all the way out in a Fantasy/Star Trek/Star Wars movie realm to survive.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
OK.....My point was valid. He tried to make a irrelevant point about seeing UV.

he was saying that just because we haven't "seen" something doesnt mean we dont have the science to speak on it....

Your point was kind of remedial....knowing what's at the bottom of the ocean is nothing to the complexities of interstellar space....we already know the physics of our planet.....

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I'm all for not believing things on blind faith. Not even science. In fact, science encourages us to test all theories, laws, postulates, and axioms that have come before us. Also apply the scientific method wherever and whenever we can. Peer reviews are a thing for a reason. But I'm not throwing away all of science because I don't have access to a tokamak or space shuttle.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
he was saying that just because we haven't "seen" something doesnt mean we dont have the science to speak on it....

Your point was kind of remedial....knowing what's at the bottom of the ocean is nothing to the complexities of interstellar space....we already know the physics of our planet.....

False.

All that is on the earth is needed for survival of life. Some stuff is still undiscovered which shows we don't know the physics of our planet. Why do you care about Interstellar Space if you never leave here?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Is gravity still a theory?

It's a law and a theory.

Is Gravity a Theory or a Law? | The Happy Scientist

While the law lets us calculate quite a bit about what happens, notice that it does not tell us anything about WHY it happens. That is what theories are for. In the language of science, a theory is an explanation of why and how things happen. For gravity, we use Einstein's Theory of General Relativity to explain why things fall.

Chez Lopez

Neo-Abolitionist
Daps
Reppin
YAHUSHA HA MASHIACH
The
That is why they appear to be the same size in the sky. shyt like this just blows my mind :ohhh: like what are the chances of that being the case? And it gives us phenomena like the solar and lunar eclipse :ohlawd:

total-solar-eclipse_cyx2he.jpg

Reality is more perplexing than fantasy :wow:

edit: To be clear: The diameter of the sun is 400x greater than the diameter of the moon
The sun being 400x larger than the moon, but also 400x farther away is the intergalactic hole-in-one, the hook shot from the opposite end of the court, the home run through your car window into your coffee cup. According to the odds, it is the most spectacular coincidence in the history of the universe. Or, simply, it is an outrageous lie.

The fact that two celestial objects line up so perfectly in the sky in order to be viewed by humanity, is the simplest sign of design imaginable. Yes delusions persist.

A black horse and a white horse stand next to one another, on a distant hill. Please convince me that the white horse is ten times as large, but also ten times as far away.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
False.

All that is on the earth is needed for survival of life. Some stuff is still undiscovered which shows we don't know the physics of our planet. Why do you care about Interstellar Space if you never leave here?

How do you know what is undiscovered?