The streets say Kyrie should be the finals mvp - UPDATE: Kevin Durant and other nba players agree.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Breh, i dont give a fukk about what you think is a gimmick. I think your arguing back and forth on every topic under the sun is a gimmick. You dont like it then avoid it like i do your long winded arguments. You havent refuted anything btw.

"Kevin love was on steph on the last possession" - yeah, thats called a switch. Whats your point? He played good defense on that one possession but love had been pretty bad on defense throughout the series. Love was the guy who was getting hidden, they didnt even wanna play him against certain lineups.

:mjlol:

Didnt you say jeff teague was better than kyrie or some crazy sh*t?

:mjlol:
No. I said when I went to the game in Atlanta he had Kyrie on skates and out played him that night.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The point, wouldn't the MVP HAVE Brons impact defensively in order to have MVP over him? Wouldn't that help prove your point?

So you now say :whoa: I'm not saying that....but "overlooking that"...I'm making my point.

Exactly...

Im not saying, "whoa, im not saying that" in an effort to backtrack

Im saying "whoa, i didnt say that" as in youre putting words in my mouth and your reading comprehension is off

Youre all over the place with the logical fallacies

"Wouldnt he have to have lebrons defensive impact to win mvp?"

I cant tell if thats a serious question or not. I didnt know that being the best defensive player on your team was a prerequisite for getting the finals mvp

Kyrie destroyed the unanimous regular season mvp - fact

If steph plays like himself the warriors win - fact

I give kyrie the bulk of the credit for stephs poor performance because he had him flustered like weve never seen before.

If you disagree with that, cool...keep it moving.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Skip Bayless made some really great points about this on first take this morning .. I agree, if IGGY won it last year, it shoulda been KYRIE this year .. But u know the NBA wouldn't dare do that to lebron

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
[

Im not saying, "whoa, im not saying that" in an effort to backtrack

Im saying "whoa, i didnt say that" as in youre putting words in my mouth and your reading comprehension is off

My comprehension is fine. My point is that you can't say it because we both know it's not true. Yet you're smart enough to know that it has VALUE in measuring who is the Most VALUABLE Player. You're not dumb. It has value. It's a part of the equation. Yet you play this game below

I didnt know that being the best defensive player on your team was a prerequisite for getting the finals mvp

You then go ahead an erase Bron's added VALUE as a defender because YOU KNOW that Kyrie doesn't provide to this team. You can't make an argument for it. You then say "I didn't know that being the best is a prerequisite" in order to outright erase it as an argument. Now defense is a murky space? Now it's something that 'may' or 'may not' be tallied in detemining who is the MVP? fukk outta here. You're smarter than that. You're INTENTIONALLY making it selective so you can run with this one sided bullshyt below:
Kyrie destroyed the unanimous regular season mvp - fact

If steph plays like himself the warriors win - fact

I give kyrie the bulk of the credit for stephs poor performance because he had him flustered like weve never seen before.

If you disagree with that, cool...keep it moving.

Just dumb shyt. "I didn't know being the best defensive player" Are you fukking serious? You're saying "it doesn't have to count" so you can run with your all one sided Kyrie thing.

:childplease:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@NYC Rebel

I never discounted lebrons defense. I never said defense doesn't matter. I said "I didn't know being the best defensive player on your team was a prerequisite for winning finals mvp"

If you took that to mean "defense doesn't matter" then yeah, that's bad reading comprehension

Biggest thing to me this series was how bad Stephen curry got outplayed. Like I said, it was reminiscent of Hakeem vs david Robinson. If you don't like it cool, but that's how I saw it. kyrie and lebron both had historically great series.....lebron had historically great stats, kyrie destroyed a guy that was the first unanimous mvp in history, and prolly woulda been crowned as the 2nd or 3rd best pg of all time if they won the series and he played well.

if I said "draymond was the best player last night" you'd prolly argue against that too. You just arguing to argue.

This is my last reply to you on this topic. You can't discount any of this so your go to move will be to put words in my mouth.

NYC Rebel

Daps
@NYC Rebel

I never discounted lebrons defense. I never said defense doesn't matter. I said "I didn't know being the best defensive player on your team was a prerequisite for winning finals mvp"

If you took that to mean "defense doesn't matter" then yeah, that's bad reading comprehension

Biggest thing to me this series was how bad Stephen curry got outplayed. Like I said, it was reminiscent of Hakeem vs david Robinson. If you don't like it cool, but that's how I saw it. kyrie and lebron both had historically great series.....lebron had historically great stats, kyrie destroyed a guy that was the first unanimous mvp in history, and prolly woulda been crowned as the 2nd or 3rd best pg of all time if they won the series and he played well.

if I said "draymond was the best player last night" you'd prolly argue against that too. You just arguing to argue.

This is my last reply to you on this topic. You can't discount any of this so your go to move will be to put words in my mouth.
You're discounting and making it selective for arguments sake. I wondered if it's a part of the criteria. You respond by making it selective.

Bron played a better all around game for the series than Kyrie. The outplaying Steph card out weighs that?

NYC Rebel

Daps
@Gil Scott-Heroin

Kevin durant cosigned my thread

I wonder if my longtime friend @NYC Rebel will dismiss him as a troll

:jbhmm:

I don't care. He being a basketball player erases him from being short sighted as well?
Kevin not thinking about defense wouldn't be a surprise to me.

I'm still laughing at you claiming I put words in your mouth when my point was that here were words you refused to include in your MVP casting. Then I pointed out how you minimized it when you decided to do so.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't care. He being a basketball player erases him from being short sighted as well?
Kevin not thinking about defense wouldn't be a surprise to me.

I'm still laughing at you claiming I put words in your mouth when my point was that here were words you refused to include in your MVP casting. Then I pointed out how you minimized it when you decided to do so.

Is durant trolling?