THE STEP-BACK BY JAMES HARDEN IS A TRAVEL

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Pretty sure the one in OP is not a travel. First step to get momentum, second step is his pivot foot. He doesn't pick his pivot foot up because the shot is a simultaneous jump. If he did that move and then hopped off his right foot or pivoted on his right, then you'd get a travel.

WATCH THE SLOW MOTION REPLY .. HE TAKES ONE STEP TO PROPEL HIMSELF BACK, THEN LANDS THE SECOND AND THIRD STEP FOLLOWED QUICKLY AFTER

U CAN SEE IT BETTER IN THIS VIDEO AS WELL VVVV

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Lmao. You don't know what you're talking about. It's okay.

LMFAO, U TROLLIN RIGHT?? THERES NO WAY U SERIOUSLY THINK ITS LEGAL TO HOP OFF ONE FOOT AND THEN TAKE TWO MORE STEPS.. IF U BEIN FOREAL THEN U NEED 2 SLAP YASELF KID

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
LMFAO, U TROLLIN RIGHT?? THERES NO WAY U SERIOUSLY THINK ITS LEGAL TO HOP OFF ONE FOOT AND THEN TAKE TWO MORE STEPS.. IF U BEIN FOREAL THEN U NEED 2 SLAP YASELF KID

You're just wrong. But keep having fun with this thread. I know you don't hoop :mjlol:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WATCH THE SLOW MOTION REPLY .. BE TAKES ONE STEP TO PROPEL HIMSELF BACK, THEN LANDS THE SECOND AND THIRD STEP FOLLOWED QUICKLY AFTER

One step to stepback, second step hits the ground (pivot foot). Takes a jumper. How is this three steps? Once your pivot foot is on the ground, that third "step" your counting is meaningless. It's not a travel.

Also that post above with a jumpstop, the rule is one step, jump land on BOTH feet, you have to come off the ground on BOTH feet. You can't come off one or pivot off one.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

Here breh. Official NBA dudes explaining hop steps and whats legal.

/thread

DAWG DID U EVEN WATCH THE VIDEO .. COTDAMN. NOT AT ANY POINT DID THEY ADDRESS HARDENS STEP-BACK. IT IS KNOWN THAT ON A HOP-STEP, U NEED TO LAND ON BOTH FEET SIMULTANEOUSLY.... THIS IS SHIIT U LEARN IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LMAO

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
You're just wrong. But keep having fun with this thread. I know you don't hoop :mjlol:

PLAYED ORGANIZED BALL MY ENTIRE LIFE N JUS CAME BACK FROM BALLIN A COUPLE HOURS AGO

THE GUY WHO DOESNT KNOW A LEGAL HOP STOP MEANS U NEED TO LAND ON BOTH FEET SIMULTANEOUSLY IS CALLIN OUT SOME1 FOR THEY HOOPS KNOWLEDGE. GOLDEN.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
One step to stepback, second step hits the ground (pivot foot). Takes a jumper. How is this three steps? Once your pivot foot is on the ground, that third "step" your counting is meaningless. It's not a travel.

Also that post above with a jumpstop, the rule is one step, jump land on BOTH feet, you have to come off the ground on BOTH feet. You can't come off one or pivot off one.

EXACTLY.. U HAVE TO LAND ON BOTH FEET SIMULTANEOUSLY. WATCH THE VIDEOS I POSTED AGAIN. HE JUMPS BACK, THEN LANDS TWO FEET SEPERATELY. ITS OBVIOUS.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
EXACTLY.. U HAVE TO LAND ON BOTH FEET SIMULTANEOUSLY. WATCH THE VIDEOS I POSTED AGAIN. HE JUMPS BACK, THEN LANDS TWO FEET SEPERATELY. ITS OBVIOUS.

Bro in my first fukking post I mentioned the simultaneous stop on both feet. GTFO I know the damn rules. It's not like that and hasn't been for years in the NBA. Watch that video.

Here's an article as well. NBA on traveling: Two steps are better than one

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Bro in my first fukking post I mentioned the simultaneous stop on both feet. GTFO I know the damn rules. It's not like that and hasn't been for years in the NBA. Watch that video.

Here's an article as well. NBA on traveling: Two steps are better than one

I KNOW THE LEAGUE DOESNT CALL IT A LOT OF THE TIME, BUT THATS STILL THE RULES, MEANING ITS A TRAVEL .. U DO REALIZE THAT BASKETBALL IS PLAYED OUTSIDE THE NBA, RIGHT?? NBA LETS THOSE CALLS SLIDE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES/FASTER PACED GAME .. BUT HIGH SCHOOL, EUROPE, COLLEGE, ETC. U AINT GETTIN AWAY WIT THAT NEARLY AS MUCH. JUST CUZ THE NBA DONT CALL IT DONT MEAN ITS NOT A TRAVEL.

Daps
WATCH THE SLOW MOTION REPLY .. HE TAKES ONE STEP TO PROPEL HIMSELF BACK, THEN LANDS THE SECOND AND THIRD STEP FOLLOWED QUICKLY AFTER

It's not a travel, but neither @BuddyOmar's nor @Styles' explanations are correct.

The first step he takes to propel himself back isn't countered as an actual step, because it's in the motion of gathering the ball. Therefore it's not a travel, because those two steps he takes after that are legal.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

According to the league if you don't have both hands on the ball, they count that third step you're count as a gather so it's not a travel. Either way, not a travel, he's taking one step to go backwards, second foot hits the ground (pivot). Doesn't pick his pivot up just takes a jumper