The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
:ehh: while you're in a giving mood, is it true that s6 is broken up into 2 parts? If so, can you tell me what episode is the end of part 1?

The last episode of part 1 is ‘Kaisha’. First episode of part 2 is ‘Sopranos Home Movies’.

It’s basically a 7 season show to me. Most seasons were 13 episodes. Season 6a is 12 episodes and 6b is 9 episodes.

I think they may have just done that as one long season for contractual reasons.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The last episode of part 1 is ‘Kaisha’. First episode of part 2 is ‘Sopranos Home Movies’.

It’s basically a 7 season show to me. Most seasons were 13 episodes. Season 6a is 12 episodes and 6b is 9 episodes.

I think they may have just done that as one long season for contractual reasons.
It's 7 seasons to Chase too, he doesn't even call 6B season 7 he titles it "the final 9".

The reason HBO named it 6B is because he only wrote 9 episodes which gave them the loophole to indeed keep it as one season to finish out some existing contracts. He also wrote and filmed them all nearly concurrently, there was like a 2/3 month break whereas usually Sopranos took long ass breaks in between seasons.

The main casts did get some bumps, Shirripa becomes a main castmember in these 9 episodes for instance (means you get paid the same amount for every episode, regardless of screentime).

Chase agreed because the cast agreed, but he disagreed "creatively".

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They finally caught this fxggot Vito :scust:
Christufuh doing the Vince Mcmahon walk to tell Tony about Vito:laff:

giphy.gif

that whole episode:laff:

0910dbc2-32ea-4319-8e25-d7e40670e913_text.gif

fa2cef39-6221-4ddb-87ce-8a25355f4d56_text.gif

the-sopranos-paulie-walnuts-gualtieri.gif

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"My stay in jail was short time, so I never had any uhhhh need for any uhhhhh..... extra curricular activities"

he actually says anal lol

fundamentally misunderstanding both homosexuality and rape, in only the way Tony can, hilarious scene.

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"My stay in jail was short time, so I never had any uhhhh need for any uhhhhh..... extra curricular activities"

fundamentally misunderstanding both homosexuality and rape, in only the way Tony can, hilarious scene.
his insecurity on full display, accuses Melfi of not believing he was in jail a short time and wasn't doing gay stuff.

giphy.gif

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
his insecurity on full display, accuses Melfi of not believing he was in jail a short time and wasn't doing gay stuff.

giphy.gif

oh fukk, I forgot that "you think I'm lyin' don't ya,

"Actually I had pegged them the whole time"

"in your circle I'm sure you have all kinds of gays, and trans-whatever..."

"every fukking TV show they rub your nose in it"

"although, don't forget I'm a strict Catholic"

"
I agree with that Senator Sanatorium, (Rick Santorum), if we let this go too far, we'll be fukking dogs"

This is where Chase was really hitting back on Tony's character, scathingly comedic, embarrassing behavior, while also serving as commentary on conservatism, family values, suburbia, but what a foreshadowing conversation, to where we are now, as in my friends who think like Tony sound exactly like he did almost 15 years ago.

also illustrating tensions between the liberal elite circles (Represented by Melfi, and the writers room on a show like The Sopranos) and the more "regular American values), also hinting at the disconnect with technology, we see now, "just working a cell phone now is enough to make ya wanna scream", another nod at the themes of late capitalism from the show's opening scenes. "i got in at the end"

Posters in here sound like that, in reference to the "every fukking TV SHOW it's in your face" What Santourm said back then was a major controversy, and now, whole bills and agendas are drafted around it.

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When indictments take out the upper echelons/the admins (boss, underboss, consigliere, high ranking capos), the family doesn't fold, they just bump new people up to the positions, the boss with implement a "street boss"/Acting Boss on the street (remember back to S1, tony's homie Jackie Sr. was Acting Boss when the other boss was in jail).

A mob family isn't just like some drug clique, where once the leaders are taken out the whole thing crumbles, the family is bigger than any one member or group of members, especially an NY 5 Familiy. The mob families IRL, even the jersey family have been around since 1890s or so and still exist. Only the real small families (tampa, FL) have been defunct...all the major ones (NY 5, jersey, philly, chicago, detroit, buffalo) are still functioning to this day.

At their peak, the Gambino family had something like 250 members, 21 capos with 21 different crews...and that's just one of the NY 5

The Sopranos really were just a glorified crew.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Always wondered why they made the feds to be such idiots in the sopranos? They helped Tony with Uncle Junior, whan they played him those tapes and helped him with new york for no reason whatsoever.

They lost loads of informants, Jimmy, p*ssy, Aid (who didnt do anything wrong)
Not to mention they placed the bug on a lamp :gucci: and they were surprises they could move it

Especially Agent Harris. It’s like he was in love with Tony. :dame:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Wire was more rounded than the other shows but I remember being like :francis: on some of the black characters.

But maybe it was uncomfortable to me cause it was unfortunately realistic.
That’s why I find it hard to rewatch The Wire as often as The Sopranos. shyt is just too real and it bums me out.