The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

Daps
s6e4

I hate how they portrayed black people in the 2000s. This was the greatest era of television for me when it comes to these kinds of shows, except for the portrayal of black people, because you can tell that all the black characters were written by white people.

Plus, this storyline about dude wanting to be shot to show that he's hard is depressingly close to the truth. :francis:

I'm on the part where ole boy just gave Bobby the money.

Tony's Jewish friend with the "you wait :mjgrin:" after his wife says that "Israel is the holy land."

Now that is a huge throwaway part of the show right there, where they show why Jews don't mind these crazy evangelical people.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not just this. It's The Shield, The Wire, other shows of that era.

I disagree with “the wire”…their portrayal of black characters whether on the streets, on the police force or with politics seemed very fair and realistic a majority of the times especially in comparison to the cartoonish depiction of black characters on the shield and the sopranos…with the sopranos, I’ll even argue a little that it was satirical the way these dumb, ignorant, ruthless, murdering italian gangsters could even open their mouth to always blame the same “2 black guys”…the shield tho made no pretense about it…I already spoke in that thread on how sutter seemed to have a fixation with emasculating damn near every positive non-white male character on that show and then you couple that with how stereotypical many of the street characters were

Last edited:
Daps
I disagree with “the wire”…their portrayal of black characters whether on the streets, on the police force or with politics seemed very fair and realistic a majority of the times especially in comparison to the cartoonish depiction of black characters on the shield and the sopranos…with the sopranos, I’ll even argue a little that it was satirical the way these dumb, ignorant, ruthless, murdering italian gangsters could even open their mouth to always blame the same “2 black guys”…the shield tho made no pretense about it…I already spoke in that thread on his sutter seemed to have a fixation with emasculating damn near every positive non-black male character on that show

The Wire was more rounded than the other shows but I remember being like :francis: on some of the black characters.

But maybe it was uncomfortable to me cause it was unfortunately realistic.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Wire was more rounded than the other shows but I remember being like :francis: on some of the black characters.

But maybe it was uncomfortable to me cause it was unfortunately realistic.

I know the xerox scene pissed me off…I was like ain’t no nikka this fukking dumb lmaoooooo

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
s6e4

I hate how they portrayed black people in the 2000s. This was the greatest era of television for me when it comes to these kinds of shows, except for the portrayal of black people, because you can tell that all the black characters were written by white people.

Plus, this storyline about dude wanting to be shot to show that he's hard is depressingly close to the truth. :francis:

I'm on the part where ole boy just gave Bobby the money.
As much as I love this show we always get made to look like incompetent boobs on every level.

Black hitmen always fail comically, Massive genius was a fraud and you seen how they did Charles S. Dutton for daring to have some integrity.
Christopher (in a neck brace) goes to collect from a black dealer and beats him up? FOH
The Hasidic Homeboy?
Just had us looking crazy smh.......

However...... HAROLD McBREYER in many saints was that fukkin DUDE! And took it too them Italians with no fukks given.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As much as I love this show we always get made to look like incompetent boobs on every level.

Black hitmen always fail comically, Massive genius was a fraud and you seen how they did Charles S. Dutton for daring to have some integrity.
Christopher (in a neck brace) goes to collect from a black dealer and beats him up? FOH
The Hasidic Homeboy?
Just had us looking crazy smh.......

However...... HAROLD McBREYER in many saints was that fukkin DUDE! And took it too them Italians with no fukks given.
The black doc in season 5 was a pretty competent and levelheaded dude that didnt fall for the mafia bribe

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I know the xerox scene pissed me off…I was like ain’t no nikka this fukking dumb lmaoooooo

Me 1st time watching the scene:
A8SFpk.gif

Daps
S6e5

"I got caught up in domestic violence. You think it can't happen to you but it does :ufdup: "

:laff: these dudes do NOT want to hear Tony talk about his hospital stay while they trying to play cards.

I get it tho. He's the leader so they expect him to be strong. They don't want to see any weakness from him cause they need him to be strong.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
It's not that Meadow lacks empathy, any more than most 20 something's in their first relationships, lacking empathy and a wider view of the world, that would allow them to lower the stakes a little

it's the same self deception/self delusion as Tony, but for different reasons, she can't really acknowledge the violence (and Vito's homosexuality) that feeds her family, because she can't really admit that to herself, much less Finn's soft ass. That's not her self image. She can't shatter it.

After S3, she starts becoming more deluded and after Finn, she completely stops trying to separate her self from the family. She actually leans into it at the end whereas in the first ep, she tells Hunter she can't wait to go to Berkley and get away from them. She was well aware at the start, but it became safer to keep lying to herself just like everyone else in her family.

Tony & Carmela were horrible parents