The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
they got my nxgga Don Antonio in a medically induced coma :mjcry:

While I wait to see if he recovers, I have questions for brehs based on the s5 finale.

If Tony didn't run, would the FBI have arrested him too at Johnny Sack's house?

I'm trying to remember but I can't recall right now. Has Tony or would Tony ever kill a civilian? :jbhmm:

I already know that Paulie and Chris would :beli:

Tony wouldn't be arrested, the feds have to be very careful when they're planning RICO cases against somebody.

Tony hasn't killed a civillian himself (that we know of), but I don't see why he wouldn't. He came close with Meadow's soccer coach, his mother and Gloria. He also had that dude killed who was talking about him trying to kill his mother (forget if it was the owner of Green Grove or sth). You could argue that Adriana was a civillian.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Always wondered why they made the feds to be such idiots in the sopranos? They helped Tony with Uncle Junior, whan they played him those tapes and helped him with new york for no reason whatsoever.

They lost loads of informants, Jimmy, p*ssy, Aid (who didnt do anything wrong)
Not to mention they placed the bug on a lamp :gucci: and they were surprises they could move it

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Always wondered why they made the feds to be such idiots in the sopranos? They helped Tony with Uncle Junior, whan they played him those tapes and helped him with new york for no reason whatsoever.

Not to mention they placed the bug on a lamp :gucci: and they were surprises they could move it
And most of it is based on actual history. The feds have historically always "picked sides" when it comes to organized crime, it benefits them a lot.

That final episode reaction "we're gonna win this thing!" is based on an actual quote from an FBI agent DeVechio, during the Colombo wars. He was later indicted for having directly led one of the sides to murder some of the others, much like what we see in the Sopranos.

Feds are a money drain, composed of people just as insecure as criminals having to deal with "the ordinariness of life" fighting an impossible war.

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
It's amazing that I made it to the last season without being spoiled not one time :ohhh:

Brehs didn't believe i could do it :wow:
And thanks for including us on the journey breh, it's dope to witness :salute:

Can't wait till you get to the final 9 (HBO called it season 6B, Chase calls is 'the final 9'), that stretch is (damn near) godlike imo.

After my last rewatch I might rank it as my favorite, which was S2 for all this time.

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Also remember that Agent Harris had known Tony for years at this point and was somewhat attached to him. Add the fact Phil had set up a female agent to get raped, Harris already had a personal vendetta against him.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
they got my nxgga Don Antonio in a medically induced coma :mjcry:

While I wait to see if he recovers, I have questions for brehs based on the s5 finale.

If Tony didn't run, would the FBI have arrested him too at Johnny Sack's house?

I'm trying to remember but I can't recall right now. Has Tony or would Tony ever kill a civilian? :jbhmm:

I already know that Paulie and Chris would :beli:

Tony's only killed people associated with them. Depending on your definition of civilian, he ordered the killing of Adriana. She wasn't a mob associate, but also wasn't some random civilian either. Also he killed that kid that shot Chrissy, but he was a criminal and mob associate.

Daps
Reppin
Chi

IRL during the Colombo wars one of the FBI agents was feeding info to a trusted informant on one side of the factions. The "we're gonna win this thing!" is a real quote from an FBI agent from the Colombo war.

Daps
s6e4

I hate how they portrayed black people in the 2000s. This was the greatest era of television for me when it comes to these kinds of shows, except for the portrayal of black people, because you can tell that all the black characters were written by white people.

Plus, this storyline about dude wanting to be shot to show that he's hard is depressingly close to the truth. :francis:

I'm on the part where ole boy just gave Bobby the money.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
s6e4

I hate how they portrayed black people in the 2000s. This was the greatest era of television for me when it comes to these kinds of shows, except for the portrayal of black people, because you can tell that all the black characters were written by white people.

Plus, this storyline about dude wanting to be shot to show that he's hard is depressingly close to the truth. :francis:

I'm on the part where ole boy just gave Bobby the money.
You expected black folk to be portrayed positively in an Italian mafia show? :ld:

Godfather of Harlem gonna be the closest you get to that.