The Sony Pictures Leak F**kery Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Since I'm not going to go all the way back a couple pages to see if it's been mentioned, George Clooney's interview in Deadline is a really good read. https://deadline.com/2014/12/george...-north-korea-cyberattack-petition-1201329988/

Clooney :rudy:

Please, George - do tell the North Koreans about the American first amendment while they're being embargoed to death on the other side of the world.
Guaranteed the movie would have been released in South Korea for the sake of :troll:ing, which would start off a shyt storm that Rogan and Franco would kinda care about until they got on a plane out of South Korea.

This is :cape:for the film industry in its purest form. 2014 in general, has been a hell of a year for old rich white men. I mean - they set the system up so they always win, but this year at least the ride was less smooth for them.

Price of celebrity, Georgie, price of celebrity.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
It's over Brehs

http://gizmodo.com/sony-hackers-thanks-for-running-scared-well-stop-now-1673170551

Brian Stelter from CNN reports that hackers sent Sony Pictures Entertainment executives a braggy email celebrating Sony's decision to cancel its release plans for The Interview. The hackers promise that the remainder of Sony's data is safe—for now.

According to CNN, part of the email reads:

It is very wise that you have made a decision to cancel the release of the interview. It'll be very useful for you...

...We still have you sensitive and private data. We ensure the security of your data, unless you make additional trouble.

The email further demands that Sony keep cooperating (i.e. never let The Interviewsee the light of day—or else otherwise more of the company's data be released. Now that The Interview won't be released in theaters, the hackers are demanding that all traces of the movie be wiped from the face of the internet, and that the film never be shown in any way.

Now we want you never let the movie released, distributed or leaked in any form of, for instance, DVD or piracy.

And we want everything related to the movie, including its trailers, as well as its full version down from any website hosting them immediately.

The Sony hack first came to light more than three weeks ago; the current theory is that it was initiated by North Korea, in retaliation for The Interview. In the comedy, the main characters assassinate Kim Jong-Un.

The new set of demands is the inevitable consequence of the cowardice of Sony showed by canceling The Interview. Will Sony comply with this latest demand? And if it does, what's to stop the hackersfrom making yet another set of demands?

The email hasn't been officially confirmed, but Stelter is as reliable a reporter in this space as you can find. We'll have to wait how Sony responds. The leaks are probably over for now; the repercussions of giving in have only just begun. [CNN]

The sonning :banderas:

Guardians Of Peace outchea like

Barkhad-Abdi-Pirate.jpg

"LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! I'M THE CO-CHAIR NOW!"

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's over Brehs

http://gizmodo.com/sony-hackers-thanks-for-running-scared-well-stop-now-1673170551

Brian Stelter from CNN reports that hackers sent Sony Pictures Entertainment executives a braggy email celebrating Sony's decision to cancel its release plans for The Interview. The hackers promise that the remainder of Sony's data is safe—for now.

According to CNN, part of the email reads:

It is very wise that you have made a decision to cancel the release of the interview. It'll be very useful for you...

...We still have you sensitive and private data. We ensure the security of your data, unless you make additional trouble.

The email further demands that Sony keep cooperating (i.e. never let The Interviewsee the light of day—or else otherwise more of the company's data be released. Now that The Interview won't be released in theaters, the hackers are demanding that all traces of the movie be wiped from the face of the internet, and that the film never be shown in any way.

Now we want you never let the movie released, distributed or leaked in any form of, for instance, DVD or piracy.

And we want everything related to the movie, including its trailers, as well as its full version down from any website hosting them immediately.

The Sony hack first came to light more than three weeks ago; the current theory is that it was initiated by North Korea, in retaliation for The Interview. In the comedy, the main characters assassinate Kim Jong-Un.

The new set of demands is the inevitable consequence of the cowardice of Sony showed by canceling The Interview. Will Sony comply with this latest demand? And if it does, what's to stop the hackersfrom making yet another set of demands?

The email hasn't been officially confirmed, but Stelter is as reliable a reporter in this space as you can find. We'll have to wait how Sony responds. The leaks are probably over for now; the repercussions of giving in have only just begun. [CNN]

Supreme leader is spiking the football in the middle of the star right now.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Clooney :rudy:

Please, George - do tell the North Koreans about the American first amendment while they're being embargoed to death on the other side of the world.
Guaranteed the movie would have been released in South Korea for the sake of :troll:ing, which would start off a shyt storm that Rogan and Franco would kinda care about until they got on a plane out of South Korea.

This is :cape:for the film industry in its purest form. 2014 in general, has been a hell of a year for old rich white men. I mean - they set the system up so they always win, but this year at least the ride was less smooth for them.

Price of celebrity, Georgie, price of celebrity.

I feel you breh but his larger point is true: journalists dropped the ball. Instead of gravitating toward the sensational aspect of it, there should have been more curiosity of where it's coming from and who's doing it but that wasn't the sexy story. He's also making a nuanced argument; he says that there are consequences for your actions and when you make controversial art, be prepared to deal with those consequences but he doesn't point fingers at anyone, he just says this is a new reality now and it's a scary reality