The Sony Pictures Leak F**kery Thread

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
American arrogance. White privilege

This is where I'm at with it. Don't know why they thought greenlighting a mainstream movie about the assassination of a dictator was going to go over well. I'm all for artistic expression, but this ain't that. It's crazy to hear Kimmel and other supposed "liberals" spitting that rhetoric usually reserved for conservatives.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Why is he caping so hard for this damn movie??? is the white privilage so prevalent he's mad over one damn canceled film or the fact some NK hacker group made them lean the fukk back? :dahell:

Gotta be the white privilege and/or he's really cool with folks associated with the film.

Either way, nicca not bout that life. He'd be first nicca cryin' on his monologue the next day.

Crazy because he's doing the same shyt the film makers did... more irresponsible speech under the veil of American arrogance and white privilege, only to fall back when shyt gets real. Wtf is wrong with these niccas man? Niccas need to stfu for real... just can't leave shyt alone til somebody gets bodied and all their information comprimised. :smh:

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
bVa974a.gif

I'm sorry, I'm tired and hungover. It probably makes no sense.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
This is where I'm at with it. Don't know why they thought greenlighting a mainstream movie about the assassination of a dictator was going to go over well. I'm all for artistic expression, but this ain't that. It's crazy to hear Kimmel and other supposed "liberals" spitting that rhetoric usually reserved for conservatives.

Exactly... I'm like, :ohhh:Yooooooooooooooo... et tu, Kimmel?

It's like you really can't fukk these niccas. At all... :smh: :snoop:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
That would never happen man. C'mon now.

The hack has been traced to North Korea....meaning if they start bombing theaters it's an act of war. Kim Jong is crazy, but he's not "let's get my country wiped off the map" crazy. Their military is using shyt from 50 years ago. They don't want a war, on any level.

Fred.
You're missing the point. It doesn't even have NK that does it, just some random clown. You know this country is full of idiots that would do something just on some copycat type shyt.

Hell the Aurora theater and Cinemark are getting sued over the Dark Knight shootings, so yes, it is possible and any theater that has an incident while this movie is showing would be sued to hell and back and no one is going to risk that

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Kinda crazy to see people pointing fingers at North Korea like they would even do this. Kinda hoping it's some dudes in Africa on some new scam shyt just fukking with people.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Not sure if people even care anymore. Seems that the anti-media campaign, as well as sympathy/confusion/anger over them actually cancelling the movie, has kinda swayed everyone a bit. Regardless, I've seen a couple of stories I don't think got posted yet....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-leaked-emails-claims-rest-world-racist.html

Producer says Denzel Washington won't make money for Sony because he is black and the rest of the world is 'racist', leaked emails reveal
  • A new email leaked by hackers reveals that one producer believes Denzel Washington has no worldwide box office appeal because he is black
  • The producer, writing to Sony studio head Michael Lynton, says that his numbers aren't good enough when compared to other actors
  • That si blamed on the 'racist' attitudes of non-American audiences by the producer, who is not named
  • This despite the fact that the film in question, the Equalizer, made half of its money overseas

http://www.inquisitr.com/1687244/denze-washington-blacklisted-sony-email/

“I am not saying The Equalizer should not have been made or that African American actors should not have been used (I personally think Denzel is the best actor of his generation.”

“Casting him is saying we’re ok with a double if the picture works. He’s reliable at the domestic [box office], safe, but has not had a huge success in years. I believe…the non event pictures, extra ‘bets’ should have a large inherent upside… Here there isn’t a large inherent upside.”

“I believe that the international motion picture audience is racist – in general, pictures with an African-American lead don’t play well overseas.”

“Sony sometimes seems to disregard that a picture must work well internationally to both maximize returns and reduce risk, especially pics with decent size budgets."

More at the links.

Star Wars (Boyega) is gonna clean up everywhere, we know that. But boy would it be nice for Black Panther to also do numbers.

I'm not really angry at this email...guy is calling Europe and Asia out on their racism.

I've known for some time that, even with how great his career has been, Denzel clearly also faces some major hurdles (He's spoken in the past on his inability to work with the top directors). Still, shyt is hard to read....:to:

What would really change all of this? Actually having a market in black countries....

Last edited:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
More O'Russell shenanigans.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...ell-abusive-lunatic-behavior-american-hustle/

Sony Scandal: New Claims ‘American Hustle’ Director David O. Russell ‘Abused’ Amy Adams & ‘Frightened’ Cast On Set
Posted on Dec 17, 2014 @ 14:39PM

The dark side of Hollywood continues to come to light in the Sony email hacking scandal. In the latest round, RadarOnline.com has learned that director David O. Russell has been accused of “lunatic behavior” that frightened the cast and crew on the American Hustle set.

The explosive note was sent to Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton by Jonathan Alter, a veteran journalist and close friend of Lynton’s, who now produces Alpha House for Amazon.

“I know [Russell is] brilliant but we have someone on our show who worked closely with him on American Hustle,” Alter began. “And not only are the stories about him reforming himself total bulls—t but the new stories of his abuse and lunatic behavior are extreme even by Hollywood standards.”

While Russell “behaved on The Fighter but acted so crazy on Hustle that it’s another Clooney situation where a lot of people won’t work with him again,” he claimed.

“He grabbed one guy by the collar, cursed out people repeatedly in front of others and so abused Amy Adams that Christian Bale got in his face and told him to stop acting like an a$$hole,” Atler alleged. “He treated the crew like s—t, demanded his own bathroom at all times and frightened people, as he famously had on Three Kings.”

Lynton replied, “Not sure what you are asking here?”

“Not asking anything,” Alter said. “Just figured you might not always get the Intell you need if you were considering signing him for another film.”

Dude out here so hard on em that Batman had to jump in and cape for her....:laugh:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-Jolie-group-email-exchange-attack-back.html

'She's seriously out of her mind': How Sony execs cut Angelina Jolie out of group email exchange so they could attack her AGAIN behind her back
  • Angelina Jolie is described as 'out of her mind' by producer Scott Rudin in new leaked emails
  • This after the actress told Rudin and Sony studio head Amy Pascal she wanted to try and make her film version of Cleopatra work out
  • Rudin and Pascal wanted her to film the Shakespeare version, the classic tragedy Antony and Cleopatra
  • This comes a little over a week after Rudin called Jolie a 'minimally talented brat' in another exchange with Pascal about the movie
  • Rudin removed Jolie from the email chain this time around whenever he wants to say something negative about the actress

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I'm not one to dabble in conspiracy theories but this shyt STINKS. Everything about this is off.

I have no idea what's going on but something ain't right.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
A couple of things:

- Still not convinced that NK is behind this and think reports saying so are just a swerve. I just feel like that was put out there as misdirection to the folks who are really behind this to let them think the feds or whoever are not hip to who actually did this. Heard some rumors that Sony had just let go of a bunch of IT people. Still seems like an inside job to me.

- Since the movie is being cancelled and/ore delayed now will the hackers stop releasing info? This might be all just about not exposing some REALLY BAD 'cism, or sexism, or deviant sexual behavior, and perhaps not releasing the movie prevents this stuff from coming out. :sas2:

- This does set a bad precedent in some ways but I think the mass shootings at movie theaters made this decision a bit 'eaiser' for them to make. Midnight releases are basically a thing of the past due in part to the shootings. I personally don't believe that any fukkery was going to happen but I am not the one who would get sued if said fukkery took place. :sas1:

- The Oscars are going to EXTREMELY awkward next year :pachaha:

- To the movie executives that think Black stars can't carry a box office :pacspit::takedat: - Boyega and Lupita about to cake off of Star Wars and Boseman is going to show you the true meaning of #BlackExcellence when he touches down in "Civil War" leading into "Black Panther" :blessed:

- final point: I DON'T NEED ANY SHYT TO GO DOWN AROUND WHEN AGE OF ULTRON OR EPISODE VII RELEASES NEXT MAY AND DECEMBER RESPECTIVELY. :heh:

let's move as far away from this as possible away from those two releases.