The Sony Pictures Leak F**kery Thread

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta hit them with the :duck:

It's one thing to hack a bunch of computers, it's another thing entirely to plan terrorist attacks targeting hundreds of theaters from one coast to the other.

Fred.

They could play it as an attack on US infrastructure (transportation, power, communications, etc), a la "Live Free Die Hard"'s fire-sale, which would then indirectly be also targeting theaters. But unless that's the plan, I agree with that shyt being ducktales

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly what I've been saying. We have 15-year-olds in the US that have more experience with this type of hack than North Korea.

And I don't think it's China either, only because the Chinese wouldn't be releasing anything, especially not to random internet journalists. If the Chinese are hacking Sony, they are doing it to steal trade secrets and they are not announcing themselves to the world.

I don't know who it is, but I agree with you that if it isn't the North Koreans, it's originating in the West or Eastern-Europe.

Either way, I think that it's being used to drum up support for restrictive, US legislation.

And the media plays it off like hacking 100TB for months undetected from a MNC is some easy and novel feat. Yes they kept valuable info that wasn't encrypted and just plain-text(Chrome does this with all your saved data btw), but it's really difficult to even get to that data. They had to hack through numerous Linux and Windows server's to get there. And all those machines use tech encryption standards set forth by the US Govt. shyt doesn't add up, I feel like I'm watching a bad movie.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They could play it as an attack on US infrastructure (transportation, power, communications, etc), a la "Live Free Die Hard"'s fire-sale, which would then indirectly be also targeting theaters. But unless that's the plan, I agree with that shyt being ducktales

Them saying "if you live near by, don't be home"....also invoking 9/11....sounds like a more overt, physical threat.

This Sony shyt is funny but in the grand scheme of things it's harmless. If this escalates to, let's say blowing up movie theaters....I get that North Korea is fanatically obsessed with Kim Jong but I seriously doubt that country wants them problems.

Fred.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
And the media plays it off like hacking 100TB for months undetected from a MNC is some easy and novel feat. Yes they kept valuable info that wasn't encrypted and just plain-text(Chrome does this with all your saved data btw), but it's really difficult to even get to that data. They had to hack through numerous Linux and Windows server's to get there. And all those machines use tech encryption standards set forth by the US Govt. shyt doesn't add up, I feel like I'm watching a bad movie.

Whoever it is, I'm convinced that they have someone that let them in, probably an ex-employee. And you are dead on about hacking 100TB of data with NO ONE noticing anything, that is impossible for me to believe. I don't care how lax Sony is with their security, that is fukking crazy impossible. Just to start releasing gossipy emails to the press? This shyt seems way too extensive and personal for it to be pissed off North Koreans.

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Them saying "if you live near by, don't be home"....also invoking 9/11....sounds like a more overt, physical threat.

This Sony shyt is funny but in the grand scheme of things it's harmless. If this escalates to, let's say blowing up movie theaters....I get that North Korea is fanatically obsessed with Kim Jong but I seriously doubt that country wants them problems.

Fred.

My bad if I phrased it wrong, but I'm totally in agreeance with you. I was just stating that the only hand they can play, which would also validate their claims, would be a cyber one

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[Conspiracy] This is an attack by the NSA to justify their budget and to sway public opinion [/theorist]

*I wonder if they sell weapons grad tinfoil for hats*

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whoever it is, I'm convinced that they have someone that let them in, probably an ex-employee. And you are dead on about hacking 100TB of data with NO ONE noticing anything, that is impossible for me to believe. I don't care how lax Sony is with their security, that is fukking crazy impossible. Just to start releasing gossipy emails to the press? This shyt seems way too extensive and personal for it to be pissed off North Koreans.

Exactly, why are these leaks primarily on some TMZ type shyt (minus the social-security/physical addresses leak), Don't they have all their financial data? You'd think they be mailing all their accounting to Wall Street. Why just waste it on some petty shyt? There has to be some actual dirt worth of value in there.

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[Conspiracy] This is an attack by the NSA to justify their budget and to sway public opinion [/theorist]

I don't know if that was a sideways shot at me, but I'm a programmer and work for a similar type of MNC. I know the standards of practice for security and have IT knowledge. The narrative isn't matching up.

Edit: And I'm not claiming a false flag or shadow government conspiracy. All I'm saying is this narrative doesn't make any sense.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes

I normally eat conspiracy theories for breakfast, but this one has got me stumped. None of it adds up. I'm willing to entertain the irrational.

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I normally eat conspiracy theories for breakfast, but this one has got me stumped. None of it adds up. I'm willing to entertain the irrational.

One of my favorite sayings from physics is that "anything that is possible; can happen, has happened or will happen."

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know if that was a sideways shot at me, but I'm a programmer and work for a similar type of MNC. I know the standards of practice for security and have IT knowledge. The narrative isn't matching up.

Edit: And I'm not claiming a false flag or shadow government conspiracy. All I'm saying is this narrative doesn't make any sense.

It's not. I'm just having some fun.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Exactly what I've been saying. We have 15-year-olds in the US that have more experience with this type of hack than North Korea.

And I don't think it's China either, only because the Chinese wouldn't be releasing anything, especially not to random internet journalists. If the Chinese are hacking Sony, they are doing it to steal trade secrets and they are not announcing themselves to the world.

I don't know who it is, but I agree with you that if it isn't the North Koreans, it's originating in the West or Eastern-Europe.

Either way, I think that it's being used to drum up support for restrictive, US legislation.

It's completely possible that N.K. hired the hackers. They could be from anywhere really but just representing their employer's interests.