The Sony Pictures Leak F**kery Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm still really split on this and I know a lot of dudes will hate me for being split on it and I expect plenty of Camby's coming my way but I can live with that. On one hand, I get why it's news because it's interesting and salacious and we all know that's what moves units and clicks: we are a society that loves gossip and love trafficking in gossip, we always have. But on the other hand, there are certain things that are being reported that shouldn't be including social security numbers, aliases people use when they check into hotels, and other private information that needs to and should remain private. I'm really stuck..but now this shyt here
:dwillhuh:
http://www.thewrap.com/sony-hackers-threaten-9/11-attack-of-theaters-that-show-the-interview/

Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack on Theaters That Show ‘The Interview’
MOVIES | By Matt Donnelly on December 16, 2014 @ 10:32 amFollow @MattDonnelly

New threat invokes World Trade Center attack on movie theaters showing the comedy

Sony hackers have threatened a Sept. 11–like attack on theaters that show “The Interview,” the latest and most frightening threat since the Sony hack attack has been underway.

The message included with the release of a new set of hacked emails warned theatergoers in broken English to “recommend you to keep yourself distant”:

We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places “The Interview” be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to.

Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made.
The world will be full of fear.
Remember the 11th of September 2001.
We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.
(If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.)
Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
All the world will denounce the SONY.

Sony executives have not responded to questions about whether they would consider pulling the release of “The Interview,” a comedy that depicts the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and scheduled for release in thousands of U.S. theaters on Christmas Day. The comedy stars Seth Rogen and James Franco and is meant to be a light satire, but is one of the only films in memory that depicts the assassination of a living, sovereign leader.

Experts have told TheWrap that Sony is most likely considering that possibility, and the latest threat is likely to accelerate that consideration.

The threat includes a warning about the premiere. One premiere already took place on Dec. 11, but another premiere in New York is scheduled for Thursday.

Tuesday’s note was the most explicit threat from the hackers yet. An email on Dec. 5 purportedly from behind the attack to Sony employees warned that “your family will be in danger,” and on Saturday the hackers threatened to deliver a “Christmas gift” if “The Interview” is released as planned.

Pulling the film would create another set of problems. It would be knuckling under to corporate terrorists, there is no guarantee that doing so would end the hacking and data dumps. Several security experts said it would likely embolden other cybercriminals.

“The real issue is that you never know what the reaction is going to be if you do,” said Adam Levin, chairman and founder of cybersecurity firm IDT911 told TheWrap. He also noted that there is a chance that the communications may be coming from groups who aren’t the hackers.

Sony attorney David Boies disclosed in a letter to media that “The Interview” was the motivation behind the hack. “In an on-going campaign explicitly seeking to prevent SPE from distributing a motion picture, the perpetrators of the theft have threatened SPE and its staff and are using the dissemination of both private and company information for the stated purpose of materially harming SPE unless SPE submits and withdraws the motion picture from distribution,” Boies said in a letter addressed to TheWrap.

And now I'm reading stuff on news sites saying "oh NOW it's serious and our thoughts are with Sony" yet your thoughts weren't with them when you were profiting from the leaked information. :russ:. Be hypocritical brehs

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
And now I'm reading stuff on news sites saying "oh NOW it's serious and our thoughts are with Sony" yet your thoughts weren't with them when you were profiting from the leaked information. :russ:. Be hypocritical brehs

The regular news sites maybe. So far the headliners of this Sony hack (Gawker in particular) don't seem to give a fukk, like they refuse to do at pretty much everything.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The regular news sites maybe. So far the headliners of this Sony hack (Gawker in particular) don't seem to give a fukk, like they refuse to do at pretty much everything.

I'm talking about the movie sites, not places like Gawker. A couple sites I follow on the reg have refused to print anything regarding the hack and they've stated why but then there are some that have and they've sort of said "Yeah we probably shouldn't be posting this stuff but :whoknows:" which to me translates to "We need the clicks"

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm talking about the movie sites, not places like Gawker. A couple sites I follow on the reg have refused to print anything regarding the hack and they've stated why but then there are some that have and they've sort of said "Yeah we probably shouldn't be posting this stuff but :whoknows:" which to me translates to "We need the clicks"

That sums up 90% of these desperate ass websites/blogs. :yeshrug:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:deadmanny: at all the trouble this movie has caused.

Seth was just out here trying to get high and sell these dikk and fart jokes while Franco gets his sexual predator on with barely legal girls.

And they've pretty much sunk a company and set off a potential diplomatic incident. :pachaha:

Delicious.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
https://deadline.com/2014/12/sony-a...-homeland-security-no-credibility-1201327342/

Asked by Wolf Blitzer if it’s “appropriate to assassinate a world leader in a film comedy,” it was left to King to explain the fundamentals of free speech to the CNN veteran:

“Uh, there’s no reason not to do it. I’m not saying it’s always good form,” King said. “There is nothing immoral or inappropriate about it. But again, whether it is or isn’t, the fact is, today in the 21st century you don’t threaten to kill people because you don’t like a movie. Back in the…40’s, Charlie Chaplin was making a fool out of Adolph Hitler. This is something that in a free society we tolerate. Terrible things have been said about our president and our leaders in movies, but we don’t threaten to blow people up because of it. So it really is a question of, are you civilized or not. And north Korea is not a civilized society.”

Wolf Blitzer is a barely-functioning retard :childplease:

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After reading excerpts of Sue Kim's new book Without You There Is No Us, I'm confused how anyone in North Korea could pull off the Sony hack. She's said that the internet wasn't accessible to anyone in the country until 2011. You need years worth of crypto and network-security-protocol experience to even pull this off (sidebar: They also haven't left a single trace of who they are anywhere.)

If it was perpetrated by North Korea, then they had to get an outside black-hat contractor. Today was the first day I saw some outlets presenting the idea that the third party could be the Chinese. However I get skeptical whenever the Chinese are accused of hacking. It's a little known secret that attacks originating in China, are for the most part NOT coming from anyone in their government/country; but are rather being remotely controlled by people in the Western/Eastern-European world. (they have a lot of second-hand PCs that are pre-loaded with malware)

It all just seems so weak to me right now, and isn't this exactly why the NSA justifies direct access to underwater cables? There are very few nations that could pull this off: Russia, China, U.S., Israel, Japan, UK, Germany and India. Those are the only ones that even come to mind that could TECHNICALLY do it, nevermind the motive.

---

Off topic: This map claims to be a live map of DDOS attacks, it's cool if you haven't checked it out before: http://map.ipviking.com/

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:
http://www.thewrap.com/sony-hackers-threaten-9/11-attack-of-theaters-that-show-the-interview/

Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack on Theaters That Show ‘The Interview’
MOVIES | By Matt Donnelly on December 16, 2014 @ 10:32 amFollow @MattDonnelly

New threat invokes World Trade Center attack on movie theaters showing the comedy

Sony hackers have threatened a Sept. 11–like attack on theaters that show “The Interview,” the latest and most frightening threat since the Sony hack attack has been underway.

The message included with the release of a new set of hacked emails warned theatergoers in broken English to “recommend you to keep yourself distant”:

We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places “The Interview” be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to.

Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made.
The world will be full of fear.
Remember the 11th of September 2001.
We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.
(If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.)
Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
All the world will denounce the SONY.

Sony executives have not responded to questions about whether they would consider pulling the release of “The Interview,” a comedy that depicts the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and scheduled for release in thousands of U.S. theaters on Christmas Day. The comedy stars Seth Rogen and James Franco and is meant to be a light satire, but is one of the only films in memory that depicts the assassination of a living, sovereign leader.

Experts have told TheWrap that Sony is most likely considering that possibility, and the latest threat is likely to accelerate that consideration.

The threat includes a warning about the premiere. One premiere already took place on Dec. 11, but another premiere in New York is scheduled for Thursday.

Tuesday’s note was the most explicit threat from the hackers yet. An email on Dec. 5 purportedly from behind the attack to Sony employees warned that “your family will be in danger,” and on Saturday the hackers threatened to deliver a “Christmas gift” if “The Interview” is released as planned.

Pulling the film would create another set of problems. It would be knuckling under to corporate terrorists, there is no guarantee that doing so would end the hacking and data dumps. Several security experts said it would likely embolden other cybercriminals.

“The real issue is that you never know what the reaction is going to be if you do,” said Adam Levin, chairman and founder of cybersecurity firm IDT911 told TheWrap. He also noted that there is a chance that the communications may be coming from groups who aren’t the hackers.

Sony attorney David Boies disclosed in a letter to media that “The Interview” was the motivation behind the hack. “In an on-going campaign explicitly seeking to prevent SPE from distributing a motion picture, the perpetrators of the theft have threatened SPE and its staff and are using the dissemination of both private and company information for the stated purpose of materially harming SPE unless SPE submits and withdraws the motion picture from distribution,” Boies said in a letter addressed to TheWrap.

I gotta hit them with the :duck:

It's one thing to hack a bunch of computers, it's another thing entirely to plan terrorist attacks targeting hundreds of theaters from one coast to the other.

Fred.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
After reading excerpts of Sue Kim's new book Without You There Is No Us([), I'm confused how anyone in North Korea could pull off the Sony hack. She's said that the internet wasn't accessible to anyone in the country until 2011. You need years worth of crypto and network-security-protocol experience to even pull this off (sidebar: They also haven't left a single trace of who they are anywhere.)

If it was perpetrated by North Korea, then they had to get an outside black-hat contractor. Today was the first day I saw some outlets presenting the idea that the third party could be the Chinese. However I get skeptical whenever the Chinese are accused of hacking. It's a little known secret that attacks originating in China, are for the most part NOT coming from anyone in their government/country; but are rather being remotely controlled by people in the Western/Eastern-European world. (they have a lot of second-hand PCs that are pre-loaded with malware)

It all just seems so weak to me right now, and isn't this exactly why the NSA justifies direct access to underwater cables? There are very few nations that could pull this off: Russia, China, U.S., Israel, Japan, UK, Germany and India are the only ones that come to mind at the moment that could TECHNICALLY pull this off.

---

Off topic: This map claims to be a live map of DDOS attacks, it's cool if you haven't checked it out before: http://map.ipviking.com/

Exactly what I've been saying. We have 15-year-olds in the US that have more experience with this type of hack than North Korea.

And I don't think it's China either, only because the Chinese wouldn't be releasing anything, especially not to random internet journalists. If the Chinese are hacking Sony, they are doing it to steal trade secrets and they are not announcing themselves to the world.

I don't know who it is, but I agree with you that if it isn't the North Koreans, it's originating in the West or Eastern-Europe.

Either way, I think that it's being used to drum up support for restrictive, US legislation.