winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Got the nest doorbell. Love it.
Thermostat is next.
Eventually a few cameras outside the house.
I got the new Nest and the Learning Thermostat is better. I had to box the older one due to issues with my apartment but if you can get the one called Learning Thermostat its far better than the newest model. Better UI and it has it's own app instead of the Google Home app. It's also compatible with the sensor when the new one isn't. The new one uses AAA batteries and if you don't have a common wire like I don't it doesn't really need to power steal like the old one did.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I just got the new ecobee thermostat that works with HomeKit. It comes with a sensor. I didn’t think I’d be so into these sensors but now i know how they operate. I’m hoping they’re on sale for black friday. I want to set up my home to keep the house cool by averaging the temperature in only my bedroom and my daughters room at night and ignoring the other rooms. Who cares what the temp is in the living room when we sleep.

I’m probably gonna add a few motion sensing light switches. One for the garage, one for the pantry and one for the laundry room. I hate opening the pantry or going in the laundry room and seeing the lights on cuz my wife and daughter can’t turn off a light :comeon: and I’ve never walked into my garage without wanting the light on so sensor seems like a no brainer.

Also, just put a smart light outside so I can see who’s at the door a little easier at night. Y’all got tips for 20223. This thread deserves a bump.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
My new apartment has Smart Rent options..the temp control on the app..lights...Codes for front door access. Playing with it.

I think my temp in the house is always 67 degrees though. It was 30 degrees outside bit I stepped into room temp automatically..my furniture is arriving Oct 29th

Edited

Last edited: