Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
I have a google home and three google minis
smart lock
smart cameras
20 or so sengled smart light bulbs

all running through my security system

I think next is a google home max to up the quality on the music I play through the google homes
What smart cameras do you have that is compatible with google home(assuming you don’t have nest cameras)

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What smart cameras do you have that is compatible with google home(assuming you don’t have nest cameras)

Sorry wasn't clear about that. The cameras are running through the security system and I can control the security system with google home. I'm not sure of the brand of the cameras. Security is with Rogers (Canada). You can do the same thing with Comcast in the US. I saw the integration option when I was setting up mine in google home.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
amazon is the cheapest place to buy the sengled bulbs. You can order 8 and 12 packs and cut the cost in half compared to off the shelf.

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
amazon is the cheapest place to buy the sengled bulbs. You can order 8 and 12 packs and cut the cost in half compared to off the shelf.
Do you think they’re better than the Phillips Hue bulbs

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm salty. They recently upgraded our apartments and put a smart lock and a smart thermostat in them. I can't change the smart lock because it's just a pin pad on the outside with a deadbolt on the inside. I did pull the smart thermostat they put it and put my Nest back on.

Their smart lock wouldn't be so bad if their hub wasn't trash. I miss my August. I used to come home and the door would open for me. Not I have to unlock the door myself. The smart lock is compatible with my Smartthings hub but I don't have the access code to pair it with that.

I really need to move out of here.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm looking into adding devices and automation to my place now. Thinking about the August Smart Lock (wifi) and a thermostat. I'm going to run the house on Google Assistant, and I know Nest is Google's now, but with all these other options available it seems like mixing and matching brands makes the most sense if you want to get the best.

Anybody have a home remote or use a tablet for guests to control different things when they come over? Thinking about doing that as well.
:jbhmm:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I love this Smartthings hub. One of the best purchases I ever made. I don't even use a TV remote really just "Ok Google turn bedroom TV on" Google Assistant tells Smartthings to tell the Harmony hub to turn on the TV. Since the Assistant is built onto both my Sonos Arc soundbars the phone doesn't even need to be close by.

Walk out the house and in 10 minutes it turns off all the TVs, lights, sets the Nest to away turns off the fans.