Reppin
Michigan
Didn't see one so I'm making this. So far I have:

Hue bulbs
Nest Thermostat
Amazon Echo
August Smart Lock
Harmony Elite Remote

To me it was all these products are worth it. I turn on and off the TV with the Echo and IFTTT. I come home and the door automatically unlocks as I walk up to it and the place is the proper temperature also as the door unlocks the lights come on. I set my door to automatically lock so even if I forget it's locked and I have the connect hub so I can check on WiFi and remotely unlock it. The Hue and August work great with Siri too. I take the dog out for a piss and the door auto-locks just whip out the iPhone and say Siri unlock the door as I'm walking back to the building and it's open.

When I buy my own house a smart stove is gonna be a must.

All Star
Daps
I only have a few bulbs, my thermostat and garage door opener.

Helps with security and cutting down with the utilities. The lights are probably the best alarm clock I've ever had. I'll sleep through an alarm, but not 2 lamps. :bryan:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
I like this.
7nvCwaj.png

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Only got Chromecast, Google home mini and Nano leaf Aurora. I would get more lights but these are expensive man :francis:

3 more panels for like $60 :hhh:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I got two ihome smart plugs. I bought these because my girl loves leaving on her curlers and leaving the house

I got a echo

Nest thermostat

I got 6 sengled lights paired with Comcast (amazing) smart bulbs are too dope. Save money and it adds safety for your home when u not there.

Last edited:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I'm gonna get one of those Ecobee thermostats for my new place.
Some USB ports.
Motion-detecting lights for the garage.
Hue bulbs.
Ceiling fans I can control w/ Alexa.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Best Buy has the Smartthings hub on sale for $50. I caught them slipping on the Gear IconX I paid $199 for and it was on sale for $140 today so I took the part they refunded me and bought the Hub. I've gotten it to sync with all my smart devices for a one stop control panel for them.

The level of control this thing has in insane. One button push for a goodnight routine and all the TVs turn off, the door locks, the lights turn off, the thermostat is set to the proper temp for the rest of the night. Come to think of it with Alexa you probably don't even have to pick up the phone to trigger the routine. I bet you can trigger it with a voice command.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok SmartThings has blown my mind. How did I go so long without this having all these smart devices? The home automation is ridiculous.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Best Buy has the Smartthings hub on sale for $50. I caught them slipping on the Gear IconX I paid $199 for and it was on sale for $140 today so I took the part they refunded me and bought the Hub. I've gotten it to sync with all my smart devices for a one stop control panel for them.

The level of control this thing has in insane. One button push for a goodnight routine and all the TVs turn off, the door locks, the lights turn off, the thermostat is set to the proper temp for the rest of the night. Come to think of it with Alexa you probably don't even have to pick up the phone to trigger the routine. I bet you can trigger it with a voice command.
yeah, thru Alexa, I can just turn off everything by voice. By just saying "Alexa, go home", my FireTV turns the TV on. Just bought a bunch of Hue bulbs and some smart plugs that were on sale at Home Depot and they sync directly with Alexa seamlessly. The Hue bulbs allow you to change the brightness/color and you can just say "Alexa, turn the living room brightness down to 50 percent". The Hue bulbs also allow you to setup different scenarios (living room, bedroom, etc.) depending on your mood and you can just tell Alexa which scenario you want to run. I would recommend anybody looking to get started, get either the Echo Dot or Google Home for $30 and watch your life change. I probably get the most use out my Echo Dot playing SiriusXM by just telling Alexa what station to play.