The Shannara Chronicles...on MTV???

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I felt the introduction of the elf boy they found chained up was really executed poorly, just the way they found him and the fact he has magic visions now.

Some of the acting between the Rover chick and her father, and the princess :ld:. Will has fared a bit better, but Crixus still outshines everybody whenever he is on screen easily. They did make it back to the magic tree sooner than I expected.

Will being biracial in this universe :skip:. "Not good enough for the elves, not good enough for the humans" :mjpls:

The reason that character felt tacked on is because....he IS. He does NOT exist within the novels whatsoever so there was no frame work to base him on. Honestly he is my least favorite part of the series and his purpose is cliche and bullshyt.

The reason they made it back to tree so soon is because it's only 10 episodes, and in the book once she makes it to the tree the quest starts out fairly quickly. There is no "test of character" or any such thing in the novels.

Again, the acting between Cephelo, Amberle, and Eretria is a bit off because they deviated WILDLY from the book on this one, I have no idea why as they could've kept almost the exact framework of the book and it would've worked (with the exception that Eretria is introduced later in the book) of COURSE they are playing up the love triangle but they are reducing the two women to basically cat-fighting when in the books, it's obviously THERE but it's much more understated.

Wil being half-elf is basically replacing his origins with Shea (his father in the series, his grandfather in the book) in the book it's actually a MAJOR plot point that Wil is only 1/4 Elf, they completely cut that, and the problem that it brings, but what I don't like about them shortening the gap in generations is that it makes ZERO sense that Eventine's people and his children would have such a hard time believing that "magic" exists when the last Great War was barely 40 years ago..

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I really want a First Law TV series though :mjcry:
Really? I was gonna read that but a couple of my boys gave me the :whoa: sign. Said it was boring as hell. That conflicted with what I saw on GoodReads and Amazon but I trust a few people I know over a thousand people I don't.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Really? I was gonna read that but a couple of my boys gave me the :whoa: sign. Said it was boring as hell. That conflicted with what I saw on GoodReads and Amazon but I trust a few people I know over a thousand people I don't.

I liked it. His standalone books are better though. Best Served Cold and The Heroes. You don't have to but I still recommend reading the main series because some of the minor characters become major characters in the standalone.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Will falling for the okey doke again, but getting that Rover tail :ahh:. Allucard calling him out for struggling with the princess as well :skip:

For an hour as well :leon:

Allucard giving that neck-breaker to the changeling, but it looks like it didn't work.

Didn't seem to be much of a test for the princess by entering the tree.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Long live the king :skip:

Princess should be cutting the Rover chick some slack now since she saved her from being raped :wow:

Whatever filter/lighting they used on the flashback scenes :scust:

When the Reaper first appeared :whoo:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Rover chick is bi :shaq:

The opening fantasy sequence with Will and the Princess playing on a sit and spin :bryan:

No way is the Druid dead, best character on the show

So far the show still hasn't done anything to really pop for me, probably will keep watching though :francis:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
The elf hunter chick was looking kind of :takedat:

Royal family getting bodies left and right :wow:

Allanon coming back like Jordan wearing the 45

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Rover chick is bi :shaq:

The opening fantasy sequence with Will and the Princess playing on a sit and spin :bryan:

No way is the Druid dead, best character on the show

So far the show still hasn't done anything to really pop for me, probably will keep watching though :francis:

I :snoop: at that part, they STAY trying to force some Gay shyt into these kind of stories when it's not warranted, she wasn't like that at ALL in the books, she was strictly about trying get with Wil.

And if the stick to the finale of the books then I can assure you the ending will definitely "Pop" for you Breh

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Aren't they thousands and thousands of years in the future? I guess I can live with the shells of buildings surviving, but how exactly do paper items still exist? Unless they're just going with "A wizard did it".

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Best thing about the latest episode was Rover girl looking good :takedat:Kinda weird seeing them with guns and watching Star Trek on projectors.

Looks like they can go to Safehold now, which looks like San Francisco.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Show is Gough and Millar as their usual fodder.
If you like it so far, dont worry they'll fukk it up eventually