The Shannara Chronicles...on MTV???

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I don't give a fukk WHAT channel it's airing on I'm there premiere night. Hopefully they won't b*stardize it like ABC did Sword Of Truth:scust:

I loved Legend of the Seeker. Wished there were more seasons.

Never read the books, heard they got heavily politicized towards the end though and became too focused on the author's real world philosophies instead natural story flow. Is that true?

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ivana Baquero looking:takedat:

Emelia Burns >>>>

Commander-Tilton_zpstqutydli.gif

tumblr_ntrpprf2ty1utfkhso1_500.jpg

714full-emelia-burns.jpg

650full-emelia-burns.jpg

450full-emelia-burns.jpg

852full-emelia-burns.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I loved Legend of the Seeker. Wished there were more seasons.

Never read the books, heard they got heavily politicized towards the end though and became too focused on the author's real world philosophies instead natural story flow. Is that true?

Books 1-6 of Sword Of Truth are fantastic. If you think GOT with more magic and a smaller ensemble of characters you've got the Basic premise. The author Terry Goodkind kind of went off the deep end with his philosophy through books 7-8 but when he ended the first series with books 9-11 he got back on track.

Legend Of The Seeker was basically a b*stardized version of books 1-2 with little elements of books 3-4 sprinkled in. But they completely altered the relationship between Richard and Darken Rahl (spoilers- in the books Darken is Richard's father not brother) they made A lot of the peripheral characters TERRIBLY truncated versions of their book counterparts, and mostly because of budgetary reasons I'd gather, a lot of the magic was cut. What the show did well was portray the relationship between Richard and Kahlan.

Legend Of The Seeker should've been the show that got to HBO, but GMM had the foresight to understand that these newer generation fantasy series aren't "lord of the rings. They are grittier, more violent, and more complex. He did the RIGHT thing

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Books 1-6 of Sword Of Truth are fantastic. If you think GOT with more magic and a smaller ensemble of characters you've got the Basic premise. The author Terry Goodkind kind of went off the deep end with his philosophy through books 7-8 but when he ended the first series with books 9-11 he got back on track.

Legend Of The Seeker was basically a b*stardized version of books 1-2 with little elements of books 3-4 sprinkled in. But they completely altered the relationship between Richard and Darken Rahl (spoilers- in the books Darken is Richard's father not brother) they made A lot of the peripheral characters TERRIBLY truncated versions of their book counterparts, and mostly because of budgetary reasons I'd gather, a lot of the magic was cut. What the show did well was portray the relationship between Richard and Kahlan.

Legend Of The Seeker should've been the show that got to HBO, but GMM had the foresight to understand that these newer generation fantasy series aren't "lord of the rings. They are grittier, more violent, and more complex. He did the RIGHT thing

Sword of Truth series as gritty as GOT?

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Now I'm a fan of these books by Terry Brooks. Personally I feel MTV is the WRONG station for this series to be on.
This should have been on Netflix or maybe HBO.

:whoo::ohhh:

Terry Brooks. . . My first foray into fantasy books. I binged the fukk out on those books when I was a kid. . I actually need to revisit them.:ehh:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

You are bringing back a flood of memories about those books. . .WOW!!!

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Sword of Truth series as gritty as GOT?

Oh hell yeah

Gruesome murders
Rape (mostly implied not really graphically descripted)
Sex
Lesbians
Bad ass fight scenes

Like I said Sword Of Truth has more magic elements to it. The magic system that the author utilizes is cool. There are dragons, mystical creatures, Wizards, Sorcerouses, etc.

The two main villains of the first series (Darken Rahl and Ja'gang) are on some OTHER shyt. You'd have to read to really grasp it but I've highly enjoyed the series over the years.

Still all of them PALE in comparison to Robert Jordan's Wheel Of Time series. If you REALLY want some truly epic shyt read that series

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Oh hell yeah

Gruesome murders
Rape (mostly implied not really graphically descripted)
Sex
Lesbians
Bad ass fight scenes

Like I said Sword Of Truth has more magic elements to it. The magic system that the author utilizes is cool. There are dragons, mystical creatures, Wizards, Sorcerouses, etc.

The two main villains of the first series (Darken Rahl and Ja'gang) are on some OTHER shyt. You'd have to read to really grasp it but I've highly enjoyed the series over the years.

Still all of them PALE in comparison to Robert Jordan's Wheel Of Time series. If you REALLY want some truly epic shyt read that series

:whoo: I'm gonna cop the first few of those series. Someone here recommended that I read the Malazan books and I did off the strength the she thought it was better than GOT but the first book is a struggle to get through :mjcry: