The Shannara Chronicles...on MTV???

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I've been a fan of these books since I was 12 years old and read Wishsong. I read every series up till High Druid Of Shannara series. This is the series that got me into fantasy.

I don't give a fukk WHAT channel it's airing on I'm there premiere night. Hopefully they won't b*stardize it like ABC did Sword Of Truth:scust:

I will say that Shannara isn't as "adult" so it doesn't necessarily need to be on HBO or even Netflix. There's no graphic sex and most of the violence is PG-13 level. They DO need a healthy budget because unlike GOT there's HEAVY magic use.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
They've had scripted programming for years now.

Lzipdiu.gif

I legit cannot think of one besides some cancelled Victoria Justice show

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
They have original scripted shows :dwillhuh:
They've had scripted programming for years now.
Lzipdiu.gif

I legit cannot think of one besides some cancelled Victoria Justice show

I don't watch any of MTV shows, but I'm pretty sure that IS NOT an MTV show. I think it's a Nickelodeon or Teen Nick show.

If you watched the VMAs or MTV Movie Awards the last few or so years, they promote the fukk
out of their scripted shows.

EDIT:
I copied this from the scripted programming section on the MTV Wikipedia page:
Scripted programs (1989–present)
Further information: List of MTV comedy programs and List of MTV drama programs
MTV has a long history of airing both comedy and drama programs with scripted or improvised premises. Examples from the 1990s and 2000s include sketch-based comedies such as Just Say Julie, The Ben Stiller Show, The State,The Jenny McCarthy Show, The Lyricist Lounge Show, and Doggy Fizzle Televizzle, as well as soap operas such asUndressed and Spyder Games.

The channel expanded its programming focus in late 2000s and early 2010s to include more scripted programs. The resurgence of scripted programming on MTV saw the introduction of comedy shows such as Awkward. and The Hard Times of RJ Berger, and dramas such as Skins and Teen Wolf. In June 2012, MTV confirmed that it would develop a series based on the Scream franchise.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don't know what this is, but I'll check it out...

It's based on an epic High Fantasy series called Shannara. Basically chronicles a family of Elves who can wield a Weapon called the Sword Of Shannara against various threats (mainly the Warlock Lord).

This series is based upon the second book in the first trilogy. This is considered amongst Terry Brooks absolute best work, one of the only ones that don't utilize the Sword, but do utilize the Elfstones (which are magical gems that can be used for "Seeking" what the user needs.).