The Scott Summers slander has to stop! Official Cyclops Appreciation Thread

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
I never understood the "Cyclops had turned into a terrorist" narrative that the post-Bendis writers were trying to push. Cyclops stance was simply the Black Panthers/NOI stance. "fukk with us and we'll retaliate. No more letting down while you oppress us"
That was a major problem I had with the stories around that time. I could see Cyke having humans shook and calling Him a terrorist if only for propaganda purposes but The writers made a lot of mutants view him as a terrorist too which made no sense.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
I found AvX awful, the avengers were never there for mutantkind, treated the X-men like ginger step kids living under the stairs, and yet had the audacity to seize the last mutant hope. Cyclops wouldn't have even killed professor X if the avengers didn't sabotage the phoenix force induced utopia.

I stopped reading marvel around the middle of the terrorist uncanny X-men run.
I agree with you about to Avengers really turning a blind eye to mutants but I can understand their concern for the Phoenix force coming to earth. It was a potential extinction event. My problem was the asinine way the Acengers tried to address the situation: bum rushing the X-men base, trying to take hope prisoner, then fukkin get worthy the nature of the force and breaking it. They should've worked with the X-men. They could've taken Hope off planet and let her bond with the force.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Cyclops probably had the best overall character arc out of all the X-Men. Started out as white bread, by the book, whatever Prof. X says goes team leader. Eventually realized how much of an a$$hole his mentor Xavier was and kicked him off the X-Men. Became the protector of all mutant kind after Decimation, realized Magneto might not have been right but he wasn't as wrong as Xavier said, green-lit his own wetworks ops (X-Force), gave a huge fukk you to the Avengers ( who never really did shyt for mutants), eventually ushered the rebirth of mutant kind and died a fukkin mutant freedom fighter.

Hate to say but Cyclops > Wolverine :manny:
:clap:
I wish they would translate some of these dynamics into the movies

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A villian. And the way he died was awful. Hate that entire run.
How was he a villain ?? Marvel has characters constantly saying he was a villain and acting like he was bin laden but his actions weren't that . Xavier got killed by accident due to a Phoenix force controlled cyke yet people acting like he went and assassinated him . Also Xavier is a piece of shyt who sent children out for battles and got so many people killed , lied all the time and did so much shady stuff .

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How was he a villain ?? Marvel has characters constantly saying he was a villain and acting like he was bin laden but his actions weren't that . Xavier got killed by accident due to a Phoenix force controlled cyke yet people acting like he went and assassinated him . Also Xavier is a piece of shyt who sent children out for battles and got so many people killed , lied all the time and did so much shady stuff .
bruh the man was out here lead a cult to "protect" mutants, but ended up getting so many of them killed. he was reckeless and irresponsible.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The only thing I don't like is how cap and the avengers was trying to talk down on cyclops but cyclops was out here fighting WHITE fukking terrorists and racist fukks who kept making sentinels with govt sanctions and they act like cyclops is the villain??? Are you fukking kidding me???:mindblown: Go and arrest these muthafukkas who keep attacking them. stop with the bullshyt... :stopitslime:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The only thing I don't like is how cap and the avengers was trying to talk down on cyclops but cyclops was out here fighting WHITE fukking terrorists and racist fukks who kept making sentinels with govt sanctions and they act like cyclops is the villain??? Are you fukking kidding me???:mindblown: Go and arrest these muthafukkas who keep attacking them. stop with the bullshyt... :stopitslime:

i guess its just like how some people take issue with some brown skin dudes from the middle east actively trying to murder Americans for green lighting prior invasions of middle eastern countries.

who is the real villain.....

cap and the avengers are like the US citixens
Cheney,Bush and the US military are like the sentinels
cyclops is the ''terrorist''

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
i guess its just like how some people take issue with some brown skin dudes from the middle east actively trying to murder Americans for green lighting prior invasions of middle eastern countries.

who is the real villain.....

cap and the avengers are like the US citixens
Cheney,Bush and the US military are like the sentinels
cyclops is the ''terrorist''

Yep but I bet you if Cyclops produced actual proof of these muthafukkas when they arrested him they wouldn't care. Cap would be like We'll look into it, and then some shadowy govt stooge would tell Cap to stand down this is above your paygrade with the mutant sentinel program. :smugfavre: Would Cap really stand down and let the govt attack mutants??!:francis: Oh so it's terrorism when cyclops goes out there and makes good on his strike first fukk you later promise. but these humans got kkk members making sentinels and it's ok???

I wish Marvel gave cyclops more respect...:scust:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
*clears throat*

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

giphy.gif

reigun

Superstar
Daps
I don't care for the X-Men much if at all, but I still stan the Optic Blast Gawd. :wow:

That was a major problem I had with the stories around that time. I could see Cyke having humans shook and calling Him a terrorist if only for propaganda purposes but The writers made a lot of mutants view him as a terrorist too which made no sense.
nikkas was comparing him to Hitler to his face. Not to mention the post-death deification of Prof X, as if all of them hadn't thrown him in the bushes before AvX.

Last edited:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I never understood the "Cyclops had turned into a terrorist" narrative that the post-Bendis writers were trying to push. Cyclops stance was simply the Black Panthers/NOI stance. "fukk with us and we'll retaliate. No more laying down while you oppress us"
you pretty much answered your own question :mjgrin: