The scale is the devil ... I almost threw that shyt out the window (UPDATE: lost 6 lbs)

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
I've been good on my diet most of the time but then ill slip up and have to burn 700 calories on the treadmill. :snoop:

Knowing punishment is coming like staying on a damn treadmill for an hour usually keeps me honest.

So go ahead, eat that butter biscuit or drink that cocktail but just remember, something as low as 600 calories and about 3 minutes of pleasure can end up costing you an hour of PAIN and DISCOMFORT. :mjcry:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Targeting certain muscles is good. Thats why there's leg day, back day etc. Keep those, just with your cardio mix it up try to with full body cardio.

Full body workout with weights are different I know cats who have for years done a mon, wed, Fri routine going hard, bench, squats , deadlifts, push press, curls..

Cardio doesn't have to be intense like bench or squat. You could do 15 mins of jumping Jack's, itll get your heart rate up, youll be sweating but you wont be sure. Keep it light.

You can do it however you want spend all of your time on the elliptical or do 10 on the elliptical and 10 on the stair master. Theres no right or wrong way just say active.

Thank you I
am going to tell my trainer I want to do full body exercises because what you are saying makes sense I'm basically only working out my certain muscles once a week which is not good

But we only did one week of a lower-body and upper-body because he wanted to see if I liked it and I do not I prefer doing full body

At the gym now..just pulled up.

Gonna for 15 on stairmaster and 15 on arc trainer.

The 30 on elliptical doing intervals. 30 fast, 1 min low intesity.

Hopefully this helps.

It just sucks because when it comes to cardio I feel like there isn't much I can do to shock my body or maybe I'm just missing something I guess I'll do some more research tonight on the computer when I get home but this shyt is honestly feeling annoying because I have been on my fitness tip for about 2 months and I guess it is normal to hit a wall around this time.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Full body cardio?

Elaborate plz. Lol.
Targeting certain muscles is good. Thats why there's leg day, back day etc. Keep those, just with your cardio mix it up try to with full body cardio.

Full body workout with weights are different I know cats who have for years done a mon, wed, Fri routine going hard, bench, squats , deadlifts, push press, curls..

Cardio doesn't have to be intense like bench or squat. You could do 15 mins of jumping Jack's, itll get your heart rate up, youll be sweating but you wont be sure. Keep it light.

You can do it however you want spend all of your time on the elliptical or do 10 on the elliptical and 10 on the stair master. Theres no right or wrong way just say active.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Full body cardio?

Elaborate plz. Lol.

A jumping jack for instances works your legs, youll want to keep your core engaged , and your shoulders get a decent work out as well. It's more muscles than say a treadmill where your core should be engaged (it should be engaged for every exercise) your legs should be going but your upper body should be completely loose and not engaged. Your arms should be bent in the traditional running form and your natural cadence should make aid them in going in and out of position. It's natural for your right arm and left leg to move forward you don't have to tighten up your arm or flex it it's normal.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
A jumping jack for instances works your legs, youll want to keep your core engaged , and your shoulders get a decent work out as well. I It's more muscles than say a treadmill where your core should be engaged (it should be engaged for every exercise) your legs should be going but your upper body should be completely loose and not engaged. Your arms should be bent in the traditional running form and your natural cadence should make aid them in going in and out of position. It's natural for your right arm and left leg to move forward you don't have to tighten up your arm or flex it it's normal.

I get it.
Like elliptical does arms and legs.
I feel you.
I'm obsessed with healthy and exercise now.
It's my life.
Wish this part of the forum was more active.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
A jumping jack for instances works your legs, youll want to keep your core engaged , and your shoulders get a decent work out as well. I It's more muscles than say a treadmill where your core should be engaged (it should be engaged for every exercise) your legs should be going but your upper body should be completely loose and not engaged. Your arms should be bent in the traditional running form and your natural cadence should make aid them in going in and out of position. It's natural for your right arm and left leg to move forward you don't have to tighten up your arm or flex it it's normal.

I get it.
Like elliptical does arms and legs.
I feel you.
I'm obsessed with healthy and exercise now.
It's my life.
Wish this part of the forum was more active.

Should I try biking in gym as well?
That might be a good body shocker since I need to constant change my cardio

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gym closed Monday, I didn't go Friday.

So on Tuesday when I go it would have been 4 days off. Have not missed that many days off since I started this journey. Definitely eating some BBQ today and/or tomorrow.

I'm so scared of what that scale is gonna say on Tuesday:mjcry:
So made it to the gym this morning and I was down almost 2 pounds since Thursday :whew:

It's very encouraging to know that I can make it through a holiday with no gym and still stay on track

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not sure but it has been working for me so far but I just told my girl to hide it from me and I think I'm just going to buy a new one mine is kind of cheap to be honest
It could be drifting on you especially if it's cheap.

I only use the scale at the gym, they keep it calibrated. Somebody comes out to check it a couple times a year.