The scale is the devil ... I almost threw that shyt out the window (UPDATE: lost 6 lbs)

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Your body eventually adjusts to cardio. If you have been doing that same routine for a while then that might be the reason for the plateau
I do 60 minutes of moderate to high intensity lol
Elliptical
Treadmill
Arc Trainer
Stairmaster

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Your body eventually adjusts to cardio. If you have been doing that same routine for a while then that might be the reason for the plateau
How can I change it up then do I need to increase the intensity should I do intervals wish I use the machines that I don't use as much more frequently and take a break from the elliptical and the treadmill?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
How can I change it up then do I need to increase the intensity should I do intervals wish I use the machines that I don't use as much more frequently and take a break from the elliptical and the treadmill?
It's not the "machines". Ultimately your body tries to maintain a certain level of consistency, especially in a state of decreased energy (calories). That's why pure "cardio" isn't a path to sustained fat loss. Your body eventually fights it and there isn't much of a way to ensure you are working out as hard or harder than you previously were.

I think intervals on those machines would make a lot of sense. Do less time but at a higher intensity level. @nikkahs B. Wildin made some good suggestions for activity outside of the gym.

Of course I would also suggest increasing your lifting if possible.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
It's not the "machines". Ultimately your body tries to maintain a certain level of consistency, especially in a state of decreased energy (calories). That's why pure "cardio" isn't a path to sustained fat loss. Your body eventually fights it and there isn't much of a way to ensure you are working out as hard or harder than you previously were.

I think intervals on those machines would make a lot of sense. Do less time but at a higher intensity level. @nikkahs B. Wildin made some good suggestions for activity outside of the gym.

Of course I would also suggest increasing your lifting if possible.
Yeah imma add another lifting day this week. Tuesday Thursday and Sunday.
Full body workouts on each day?
Or legs, upper body, legs, rotation?

Also...imma do intervals today. 30 seconds heavy activity. 1 min rest. For 30 minutes. And 15 minutes of high intensity.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Also...imma do intervals today. 30 seconds heavy activity. 1 min rest. For 30 minutes. And 15 minutes of high intensity.

Intervals will work, also switching it up like doing elliptical one day and stair master the next.

I think that other than the elliptical that there isn't enough full body cardio. I would slowly ease in like one of those commercial cardio workouts like insanity or p90x.

I'm not saying buy them do a Google search or even a YouTube search and find out which exercises they do and make your own workout, some high knees, but kicks, jabs, Haymarket, jumping Jack's, imaginary jump ropes, skip in place, shuffles, karaokes...

The body will try to find consistency but ultimately it falls down to your basal metabolic rate. The amount of calories your body needs to maintain weight, lose weight or gain weight. If you are not only eating at a restriction i.e. 1600-1800 calories and also burning more calories than your base rate (the amount you burn just living going to work, living daily life without exercise) your going to lose weight.

If you just "walk more" sure you'll lose weight slowly but you won't tone anything or strengthen any muscles. Thats why full body cardio workouts are needed. Swimming is full body, jumping rope is full body, those videos have enough workouts that work both upper and lower body.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Intervals will work, also switching it up like doing elliptical one day and stair master the next.

I think that other than the elliptical that there isn't enough full body cardio. I would slowly ease in like one of those commercial cardio workouts like insanity or p90x.

I'm not saying buy them do a Google search or even a YouTube search and find out which exercises they do and make your own workout, some high knees, but kicks, jabs, Haymarket, jumping Jack's, imaginary jump ropes, skip in place, shuffles, karaokes...

The body will try to find consistency but ultimately it falls down to your basal metabolic rate. The amount of calories your body needs to maintain weight, lose weight or gain weight. If you are not only eating at a restriction i.e. 1600-1800 calories and also burning more calories than your base rate (the amount you burn just living going to work, living daily life without exercise) your going to lose weight.

If you just "walk more" sure you'll lose weight slowly but you won't tone anything or strengthen any muscles. Thats why full body cardio workouts are needed. Swimming is full body, jumping rope is full body, those videos have enough workouts that work both upper and lower body.
Got it.
Thanks
I usually do like three or 2 machines in one day.

Example: 30 mins cardio on elliptical then I'd go do 30 on treadmill
So should I just do one machine per day then?

Like elliptical Monday

Leg day with personal trainer on Tuesday

Treadmill Wednesday

Upper body on Thursday

Arc Trainer on Friday

Stairmaster on Saturday

Etc....

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

I would say anything than four days should be full body

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I would say anything than four days should be full body
Okay so what's up my personal trainer instead of doing upper-body and lower-body days I want to do full body exercises 3 times per week with the weights remember I'm talking about weightlifting not Cardio.

I am actually at the house right now about to go to the gym but I have a park near my house so what do you think would be better walking outside for about 4 miles or just going to the gym and using the treadmill

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Okay so what's up my personal trainer instead of doing upper-body and lower-body days I want to do full body exercises 3 times per week with the weights remember I'm talking about weightlifting not Cardio.

I am actually at the house right now about to go to the gym but I have a park near my house so what do you think would be better walking outside for about 4 miles or just going to the gym and using the treadmill
I meant anything less than four days should be be full body. If it's three days something (upper or lower) is getting neglected.

It depends. Personally I hate cardio machines so I'm always going to do anything to avoid them. I love parks because there are natural things there you can use to make it fun, steps, curbs, the playground, etc.
There isn't a right answer. I think the objective here is to start pushing past plateaus and it sounds like your routine needs a little shake-up. I'm guessing but those free meals are likely starting to out pace your level of activity.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I meant anything less than four days should be be full body. If it's three days something (upper or lower) is getting neglected.

It depends. Personally I hate cardio machines so I'm always going to do anything to avoid them. I love parks because there are natural things there you can use to make it fun, steps, curbs, the playground, etc.
There isn't a right answer. I think the objective here is to start pushing past plateaus and it sounds like your routine needs a little shake-up. I'm guessing but those free meals are likely starting to out pace your level of activity.
Thank you I am going to tell my trainer I want to do full body exercises because what you are saying makes sense I'm basically only working out my certain muscles once a week which is not good

But we only did one week of a lower-body and upper-body because he wanted to see if I liked it and I do not I prefer doing full body

At the gym now..just pulled up.

Gonna for 15 on stairmaster and 15 on arc trainer.

The 30 on elliptical doing intervals. 30 fast, 1 min low intesity.

Hopefully this helps.

It just sucks because when it comes to cardio I feel like there isn't much I can do to shock my body or maybe I'm just missing something I guess I'll do some more research tonight on the computer when I get home but this shyt is honestly feeling annoying because I have been on my fitness tip for about 2 months and I guess it is normal to hit a wall around this time.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
So should I drop to 1800 calories instead of 2000?

I think you might have to modify your cardio because your body may have adjusted to your current cardio routine. I remember plateauing after losing my first 50 lbs.

I stuck with plain old steady state cardio for the first 40 lbs lost until I plateaued then I switched to battle ropes and sprinting for the for the next round of weight loss. Basically I think you may need to incorporate some HIIT exercises to increase your metabolism

But before you do there are two weights you wanna monitor if you think you've plateaued and imo I consider a plateau a 9 day period where nothing has changed. At least thats what a personal trainer told me. If you're min weight is staying the same while your daily max weight is continuing to go down your still ok. Otherwise it's time to adjust your cardio workout and tweak your diet with regards to caloric intake.

As far as diet goes try to cut back on complex carbs and replace it with proteins. Less bread more meat. A jimmy john unwich pretty much solved that problem for me. Also download an app called spark people. It's a great way to keep track of your eating becomes it has a huge database that'll help you keep a log of your caloric intake. That's gonna be important for you especially now becuase you've lost a good amount of weight so far :salute:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a trainer. I'm in the struggle like most people.

Ultimately what's most important to you? Numbers on the scale or how you look and feel?

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Thanks for the advice.
I
I think you might have to modify your cardio because your body may have adjusted to your current cardio routine. I remember plateauing after losing my first 50 lbs.

I stuck with plain old steady state cardio for the first 40 lbs lost until I plateaued then I switched to battle ropes and sprinting for the for the next round of weight loss. Basically I think you may need to incorporate some HIIT exercises to increase your metabolism

But before you do there are two weights you wanna monitor if you think you've plateaued and imo I consider a plateau a 9 day period where nothing has changed. At least thats what a personal trainer told me. If you're min weight is staying the same while your daily max weight is continuing to go down your still ok. Otherwise it's time to adjust your cardio workout and tweak your diet with regards to caloric intake.

As far as diet goes try to cut back on complex carbs and replace it with proteins. Less bread more meat. A jimmy john unwich pretty much solved that problem for me. Also download an app called spark people. It's a great way to keep track of your eating becomes it has a huge database that'll help you keep a log of your caloric intake. That's gonna be important for you especially now becuase you've lost a good amount of weight so far :salute:
I got whole wheat for this week then I'll drop the bread .

At gym now and I can feel the difference lol

Did intervals on stairmaster for 15 minutes

Intervals on elliptical for 20 minutes.

About to do 25 minutes on treadmill.

5 minute warm up...then 15 minutes intervals then 5 minute cool down.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a trainer. I'm in the struggle like most people.

Ultimately what's most important to you? Numbers on the scale or how you look and feel?
You're right.
I feel amazing.
I just want to keep seeing my body change.
I can got shirts from nearly 2 years ago again.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:damn:

It didn't change since last Thursday.....kinda got me shook but I did have back to back cheat meals last weekend so maybe it's water retention :mjcry:

I know I'm not hitting a plateau cause I'm not that small yet. :patrice:

It feels discouraging but this is a lifestyle change so I'll never quite.

I also gave up my weekly cheat meals as well. I'm 2 months in to my new lifestyle and I don't feel the need for them anymore :manny:

Weigh yourself at the same time everyday. I suggest when you wake up before you eat anything. This should give you a pretty good idea of where you are.