The scale is the devil ... I almost threw that shyt out the window (UPDATE: lost 6 lbs)

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
:damn:

It didn't change since last Thursday.....kinda got me shook but I did have back to back cheat meals last weekend so maybe it's water retention :mjcry:

I know I'm not hitting a plateau cause I'm not that small yet. :patrice:

It feels discouraging but this is a lifestyle change so I'll never quite.

I also gave up my weekly cheat meals as well. I'm 2 months in to my new lifestyle and I don't feel the need for them anymore :manny:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:damn:

It didn't change since last Thursday.....kinda got me shook but I did have back to back cheat meals last weekend so maybe it's water retention :mjcry:

I know I'm not hitting a plateau cause I'm not that small yet. :patrice:

It feels discouraging but this is a lifestyle change so I'll never quite.

I also gave up my weekly cheat meals as well. I'm 2 months in to my new lifestyle and I don't feel the need for them anymore :manny:

A cheat meal isn't a bad thing. You can have whatever you want, whenever you want you just have to be able to moderate. Theres nothing wrong with a burger and fries and a milkshake if you eat properly the rest of the day. Theres nothing wrong with having a small / personal pizza to yourself.

The problem is people want to have burgers fries and milkshake for lunch th then for dinner have some more bullshyt, chicken nuggets, fried chicken, spaghetti, pizza.

People think having a pizza to yourself means ordering a medium pizza or a large. Which is generally a money saver. It will generally cost you less to get a large pizza or a medium pizza than to get a small pizza and personalize it, especially with specials and deals like specialties and 2 topping Tuesday and shyt. But then people feel compelled to eat the whole pizza in one sitting.

You can literally eat pizza every day. It has appropriate macros assuming you get the right toppings. Proteins, carbs and fats. 2 slices is anywhere between 300 and 600 calories depending on what you're getting. Eat 2 at breakfast, 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner and you'll be fine. Just drink water. No extra cheese, get good topping like sliced beef (or steak) or chicken and load the bytch up with veggies, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach.

The cheat is just an informed way to say "I'm going to moderate" whether it be a portion or an entire meal. 16 tortilla chips is a portion about 140 calories. You can decide "I'm going to have 1 serving or half a serving" and count out 8 chips or 16 chips. Thats moderation, that's good moderation. Some people say fukk it and grab the bag and eat as many chips until they are satisfied or they are gone. That is bad moderating.

Your body gets acclimated to the fuel that you provide it and if you tend to over eat (eat too large of portions) or over consume (eat too much) it will catch up with you in the form of extra weight.

The body is weird sometimes and scales can be more strange. It might not move then the next time you step on it you dropped like 8lbs supposing you kept at it. Also body goals are not consistent. Losing 2lbs a week every week for 8 weeks is tough. Some people get hyped because they have some successes especially when losing weight. You just have to be cognizant of what and how much you are putting into your body.

If your ratios ( protein, carbs , fat) allow it you may discover something like an egg mcmuffin would fit into your diet everyday perfectly. A single meal or even a couple of meals (depending on how often and the portion size) shouldn't completely destroy your weekly goals. However that's all dependent on a properly tailored diet and exercise plan.

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know I said a lot, im not trying to make you go easier on yourself goalwise, I just don't want you to punish yourself for shortcomings.

When I was a personal trainer I saw it all the time a person might not have worked out monday-wednesday so they just dont workout that week and say "I'll restart on monday" or they ate shytty all week and "I'll restart monday"

I also saw it in substance abuse counseling, they have a term for it, its called Abstinence violation effect

Basically someone will abstain from using, drugs alcohol in our case it could be meals, or foods. They slip up once and for some people they are able to regain control and not lose sight of the goal, for others its a downward spiral and full relapse.

I know your just venting, I just want to share with you some gems. Therefore you avoid spiraling out of control or having real set backs.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
A cheat meal isn't a bad thing. You can have whatever you want, whenever you want you just have to be able to moderate. Theres nothing wrong with a burger and fries and a milkshake if you eat properly the rest of the day. Theres nothing wrong with having a small / personal pizza to yourself.

The problem is people want to have burgers fries and milkshake for lunch th then for dinner have some more bullshyt, chicken nuggets, fried chicken, spaghetti, pizza.

People think having a pizza to yourself means ordering a medium pizza or a large. Which is generally a money saver. It will generally cost you less to get a large pizza or a medium pizza than to get a small pizza and personalize it, especially with specials and deals like specialties and 2 topping Tuesday and shyt. But then people feel compelled to eat the whole pizza in one sitting.

You can literally eat pizza every day. It has appropriate macros assuming you get the right toppings. Proteins, carbs and fats. 2 slices is anywhere between 300 and 600 calories depending on what you're getting. Eat 2 at breakfast, 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner and you'll be fine. Just drink water. No extra cheese, get good topping like sliced beef (or steak) or chicken and load the bytch up with veggies, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach.

The cheat is just an informed way to say "I'm going to moderate" whether it be a portion or an entire meal. 16 tortilla chips is a portion about 140 calories. You can decide "I'm going to have 1 serving or half a serving" and count out 8 chips or 16 chips. Thats moderation, that's good moderation. Some people say fukk it and grab the bag and eat as many chips until they are satisfied or they are gone. That is bad moderating.

Your body gets acclimated to the fuel that you provide it and if you tend to over eat (eat too large of portions) or over consume (eat too much) it will catch up with you in the form of extra weight.

The body is weird sometimes and scales can be more strange. It might not move then the next time you step on it you dropped like 8lbs supposing you kept at it. Also body goals are not consistent. Losing 2lbs a week every week for 8 weeks is tough. Some people get hyped because they have some successes especially when losing weight. You just have to be cognizant of what and how much you are putting into your body.

If your ratios ( protein, carbs , fat) allow it you may discover something like an egg mcmuffin would fit into your diet everyday perfectly. A single meal or even a couple of meals (depending on how often and the portion size) shouldn't completely destroy your weekly goals. However that's all dependent on a properly tailored diet and exercise plan.
Thanks bro.
I know I can eat bad foods in moderation.
I'm just saying my cheat meal cause my weight to go up 10 lbs (water retention) and now it's back to normal 4 days later. But it didn't drop yet. I'm waiting for the whoosh. Hopefully it'll drop tomorrow. I'm still 257. I was 257 last Thursday too. :-(

I was 267 on August 18.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I feel you.
Bro I eat the same 4 meals every day.
All healthy. All no more than 500 calories each.
I did my same cardio etc.
Do you think it's the whoosh effect happening?
And I'll magically step on the scale and lose more lbs than usual?
I know I said a lot, im not trying to make you go easier on yourself goalwise, I just don't want you to punish yourself for shortcomings.

When I was a personal trainer I saw it all the time a person might not have worked out monday-wednesday so they just dont workout that week and say "I'll restart on monday" or they ate shytty all week and "I'll restart monday"

I also saw it in substance abuse counseling, they have a term for it, its called Abstinence violation effect

Basically someone will abstain from using, drugs alcohol in our case it could be meals, or foods. They slip up once and for some people they are able to regain control and not lose sight of the goal, for others its a downward spiral and full relapse.

I know your just venting, I just want to share with you some gems. Therefore you avoid spiraling out of control or having real set backs.
e

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I feel you.
Bro I eat the same 4 meals every day.
All healthy. All no more than 500 calories each.
I did my same cardio etc.
Do you think it's the whoosh effect happening?
And I'll magically step on the scale and lose more lbs than usual?

e

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks bro.
I know I can eat bad foods in moderation.
I'm just saying my cheat meal cause my weight to go up 10 lbs (water retention) and now it's back to normal 4 days later.

what did you eat?

and its not about "bad" foods its just foods in general. only 'bad' foods are forbidden foods like pork...but i wont go there.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
what did you eat?

and its not about "bad" foods its just foods in general. only 'bad' foods are forbidden foods like pork...but i wont go there.
Saturday was applebees

Bacon cheeseburger and fries
With brownie and ice cream

I didn't want dessert but my girl got it and I was weak lol

Sunday was chicken cheesesteak with medium mcdonalds fries. Medium coke.

Mad sodium lol

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saturday was applebees

Bacon cheeseburger and fries
With brownie and ice cream

I didn't want dessert but my girl got it and I was weak lol

Sunday was chicken cheesesteak with medium mcdonalds fries. Medium coke.

Mad sodium lol

did you do any workout on those days? even light cardio like walking a mile around town or the mall? those meals arent the worst possible but if you ate those went home went to bed got up chilled at home then had a cheeesteak and fries and chilled and went back to bed yeah its gonna stick with you

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
did you do any workout on those days? even light cardio like walking a mile around town or the mall? those meals arent the worst possible but if you ate those went home went to bed got up chilled at home then had a cheeesteak and fries and chilled and went back to bed yeah its gonna stick with you
I did my usual 60 minutes of cardio and got about 15k steps each day.

I had the applebees at night on Saturday and did go home and chill then bed
I had the food on Sunday around 1 or 2.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I did my usual 60 minutes of cardio and got about 15k steps each day.

I had the applebees at night on Saturday and did go home and chill then bed
I had the food on Sunday around 1 or 2.

My advice in general is to eat lighter on days you're just gonna chill. Then you can eat a lil more on days you'll need the extra energy or just not store a bunch of food.

I alternate because bodyweight exercises and cardio but on Sundays I do long bike rides like 1h 30 min to 3 hours. I have to eat more before those rides and snack during.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
My advice in general is to eat lighter on days you're just gonna chill. Then you can eat a lil more on days you'll need the extra energy or just not store a bunch of food.

I alternate because bodyweight exercises and cardio but on Sundays I do long bike rides like 1h 30 min to 3 hours. I have to eat more before those rides and snack during.
So should I drop to 1800 calories instead of 2000?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Weight loss isn't linear. You are looking at calories and activity level but there are other factors.

Are you only doing cardio?

Also If you are going to have free meals I wouldn't make them high carb and high fat. It's not an ideal combo when you aren't generally lean.

Last edited: