The Root's thoughts on Paul Kagame

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
- If Kabila's government falls apart, we should expect more predatory behaviour from Kagame.

Speaking of which, I have to chuckle on how hard they are riding Kabila for supposed election irregularities while Kagame and Museveni could disappear half their opposition without a peep from us. Not that DRC government isn't extremely flawed, but I talked to another Sec State guy a few years ago and he was like "the DRC government doesn't trust us much", I was like NO WAY!! REALLY?? But hey, Kabila didn't want to be their bytch, so this is how it goes.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Speaking of which, I have to chuckle on how hard they are riding Kabila for supposed election irregularities while Kagame and Museveni could disappear half their opposition without a peep from us. Not that DRC government isn't extremely flawed, but I talked to another Sec State guy a few years ago and he was like "the DRC government doesn't trust us much", I was like NO WAY!! REALLY?? But hey, Kabila didn't want to be their bytch, so this is how it goes.

The hypocrisy is so obvious. Museveni, Nkurunziza, Kagame etc. are trying to extend their dictatorships but the pressure on Kabila has been immense. For good reason, obviously, but the silence surrounding American clients like Kagame and Museveni is funny. Nkurunziza suffered more annoyance than Kabila has (I think) but he's wilier. Daring the AU to invade must have wetted Kagame's appetite.

thekyuke

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some examination of M7s depredations in Uganda in the 80s is needed as it provides the template for later Tutsi killings in the region. Nyerere forces assisted by M7s Fronasa overthrew Idi Amin in 79. M7 stood for elections and lost and almost immediately returned to the bush with a new rebel movement,the NRA to protest 'rigging' of Obote's Uganda Peoples Congress.
There was the usual urban terror throughout the violence but the bulk of the fighting took place in an area that came to be known as the Luwero triangle,a Baganda area with one atypical critical characteristic-a high preponderance of Tutsi refugees.

KibogaMap-704x799.jpg

At least a 100k Baganda,some say 250 k were killed. When the war ended;or rather by the time M7 shot his way into State house in 86 the world was shocked by mounds of skulls,victims of Obote's forces-the usual Tutsi inversion of reality. Obote himself explained on a radio interview around 2003 his forces had vacated the area and offered to return to Uganda and explain the identity of the real killers only to be threatened by the Tutsi strongman.
Macabre skull memorials Luwero

Skulls-Bogoro.gif

luwero-killings.jpg

Review01pix.jpg

Til today villagers throughout the Luwero often step on skulls traversing streams and rivers. The truth as ever has outed. Look closely and notice skull fractures seen later in RWANDA

"Ugandans should remember that before Obote’s death on Monitor FM radio station Andrew Mwenda ‘s live talk show he was ready to face President Museveni and give a full account about the Luwero killing but only to be threatened by President Museveni. During the funeral service of the Late Pro. Ado Tiberwondwa in Bushenyi.

Kahinda Otafire boasted how NRM had fought the Luwero war using UPC T shirts!
This was an admission that on top of targeting and killing UPC supporters, they used the party T shirt to unleash terror to the innocent civilians to make it appear that it was UPC causing mayhem."..........
"At a gathering to celebrate 110th birthday of Asanansio Rutimbirayo, father to Chris Rwakasisi, a former Uganda People’s Congress (UPC) Minister of State for Security from 1981-1985, President Museveni was reported to have called for forgiveness. In the same speech, Museveni allegedly admitted that his forces killed Ugandans or “UPCs” in the struggles for political power.

Few Ugandans were surprised by Museveni’s public admission that his forces unlawfully killed Ugandans during the bloody guerrilla war in Luweero from 1981 to 1986. There never

was any doubt that the National Resistance Movement / Army (NRM/A) guerrillas did their fair share of killings during the insurgency.

The government of the day documented the targeting, torture, confiscation of property and the extra–judicial killings of chiefs, civil servants, and UPC leaders and members in Luweero. However, in the last 26 six years, Museveni and the NRM/A stridently and consistently preached that it was the UPC government and the Uganda National Liberation Army (UNLA) alone that killed people in Luweero. Over the past decades therefore, they presented the skulls and gruesome human remains from the Luweero atrocities as those of civilian victims of UNLA massacres."
President Museveni has blood of innocent Ugandans on his hands
https://ddungu.wordpress.com/president-museveni-has-blood-of-innocent-ugandans-on-his-hands/

A villager himself said

"Citing examples of who actually did such in the bush and their current whereabouts in or outside government, he notes that, the rebels mostly killed civilians to grab their property, their cattle and their food gardens.

He further claims that, in certain instances, the rebels wore government troop uniforms and conducted night raids on civilian homes to scare them off their property or acquire information from them.

In certain instances, they took away able bodied but mostly teenage children, whom they trained and used on the frontlines. This allegation is attested to by a former guerilla, who has since fallen out with the government but sought anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter"
http://www.monitor.co.ug/artscultur...91232/1678962/-/item/0/-/10c77qu/-/index.html

Finally impeccable proof of massive false flags and large scale killings used by M7 and his Tutsi confederates. Pay attention cause there are identical tactics used in the Rwanda invasion,termed a civil war both by the ignorant and Tutsi perps.
More later. First digest these facts!

Thabo

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Once Congo gets its stuff together politically which should be at the end of 2017. It's over for Rwanda because right not their economic development is based on predatory practices of a foreign weak state.
Keep dreaming Congo will never work, not now or ever. It's simply too big and multicultural.

Thabo

Pro
Bushed
Daps
The Congolese used to have a strong national identity compared to other African states like Nigeria or Sudan. That's been fraying in recent years.
No i hasn't tbh. It has been a mess from the very beginning with no infrastructure to unite it since Belgium built nothing in it.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
No i hasn't tbh. It has been a mess from the very beginning with no infrastructure to unite it since Belgium built nothing in it.

You'd be surprised. After speaking to scholars like George Nzongola-Ntalaja about Congolese nationalism, relative to other African countries it once was stronger than the countries I previously named.

Belgium did build some primary physical infrastructure in the Congo. Albeit, a lot of it was from corveé labour. How else would they get agricultural and mineral goods out?
:francis:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Keep dreaming Congo will never work, not now or ever. It's simply too big and multicultural.

And you don't know what you are talking about when you infer that its multiculturalism as a hindrance which is a completely false. You seem to have a South African first name. There are a lot of Congolese in SA and practically all of them come from different ethnic groups and parts of the country but speak Lingala or a language that is not spoken in their ethnic/multicultural group which cannot be said about other African countries. I have never heard a Nigerian of one ethnic group know or speak the language of another Nigerian of another ethnic group.

Again for the millionth time, Congo's problem is a problem of foreign aggression and a morally bankrupt political class. Congo does not have an ethnic/tribalism problem that other African countries have. If you learn history you would learn that because of its pivotal position on the continent foreign powers have been trying to destabilize that country since its independence including the Zumas whether it's the useless President or his useless wife in the African Union who is supposed to be an independent objective arbiter.

Thabo

Pro
Bushed
Daps
And you don't know what you are talking about when you infer that its multiculturalism as a hindrance which is a completely false. You seem to have a South African first name. There are a lot of Congolese in SA and practically all of them come from different ethnic groups and parts of the country but speak Lingala or a language that is not spoken in their ethnic/multicultural group which cannot be said about other African countries. I have never heard a Nigerian of one ethnic group know or speak the language of another Nigerian of another ethnic group.

Again for the millionth time, Congo's problem is a problem of foreign aggression and a morally bankrupt political class. Congo does not have an ethnic/tribalism problem that other African countries have. If you learn history you would learn that because of its pivotal position on the continent foreign powers have been trying to destabilize that country since its independence including the Zumas whether it's the useless President or his useless wife in the African Union who is supposed to be an independent objective arbiter.
I wonder if you really believe the BS you just spouted right now. If there are is no tribalism then why are there militia movements all over the place? Blaming Zuma for destabilizing Congo now? There is no unity or nationalism in Congo and there won't be anytime soon, it will be broken up eventually. Lingala is a lingua franca so of course other ethnic groups will know it, same as different Nigerians communicate in English so your point makes no sense.

Thabo

Pro
Bushed
Daps
You'd be surprised. After speaking to scholars like George Nzongola-Ntalaja about Congolese nationalism, relative to other African countries it once was stronger than the countries I previously named.

Belgium did build some primary physical infrastructure in the Congo. Albeit, a lot of it was from corveé labour. How else would they get agricultural and mineral goods out?
I don't know think you get my united infrastructure meaning. There were pockets of infrastructure mainly to strip mine the country but there wasn't infrastructure to bind the country together like schools.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I don't know think you get my united infrastructure meaning. There were pockets of infrastructure mainly to strip mine the country but there wasn't infrastructure to bind the country together like schools.

You cannot ship goods out of the Congo with "pockets of infrastructure". You need country-wide railways and other forms of transportation. The Belgians built those. So that's not correct.

In the Belgian Congo, public education was conducted by missionaries who established schools across the country. They even established a public university in 1954. So again, you're not correct. How many books have you read about the Belgian Congo?

Thabo

Pro
Bushed
Daps
You cannot ship goods out of the Congo with "pockets of infrastructure". You need country-wide railways and other forms of transportation. The Belgians built those. So that's not correct.

In the Belgian Congo, public education was conducted by missionaries who established schools across the country. They even established a public university in 1954. So again, you're not correct. How many books have you read about the Belgian Congo?

Rail transport in the Democratic Republic of the Congo - Wikipedia that's not enough railway for development. Democratic Republic of the Congo Urbanization - Demographics look at its poor urbanization rate, those schools were minuscule and barely affected the population. Universities are meaningless, the Belgians left no manufacturing experience in the Congo.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Rail transport in the Democratic Republic of the Congo - Wikipedia that's not enough railway for development. Democratic Republic of the Congo Urbanization - Demographics look at its poor urbanization rate, those schools were minuscule and barely affected the population. Universities are meaningless, the Belgians left no manufacturing experience in the Congo.

Your initial claims were that a) There were only pockets of development created by the Belgians and b) there was no infrastructure like schools to bind the country together

I've disproven both of those claims by remarking on history of public education in Belgian Congo and railway transport across the Belgian Congo.

You've decided to carry on arguing (although you've clearly lost) by pivoting to the lack of development in the current Democratic Republic of Congo.

This is becoming sad. Just give up @Thabo