The Root's thoughts on Paul Kagame

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I don't underestimate Kagame, I just think he has been a great beneficiary of Western backing and he is where he is today BECAUSE of Western backing. He is not as masterful and strategic as you think. He is shrewd I will give you that was able to exploit the genocide in 1994 for the lack of non-intervention by Western powers and has been to play that card over and over again but the man acts like he is the master of his own destiny but keep underestimating Congo at your own peril. One of the few African countries that I have been to with no ethnic/tribal strife like others but just a dysfunctional political class. Once that gets fixed, it's over.

It wasn't the Congo that defeated Rwanda last time. It was Angola and Zimbabwe, not to mention fighting against their erstwhile Ugandan allies in Kisangani. Kabila doesn't fear the Congo. He fears the Congo's allies. If Kabila continues to fukk up, then what allies (aside from UN troops from Sri Lanka) will defend its territorial integrity?

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
It wasn't the Congo that defeated Rwanda last time. It was Angola and Zimbabwe, not to mention fighting against their erstwhile Ugandan allies in Kisangani. Kabila doesn't fear the Congo. He fears the Congo's allies. If Kabila continues to fukk up, then what allies (aside from UN troops from Sri Lanka) will defend its territorial integrity?

People are currently underestimating the political maturity of the citizens of that country I was there recently. If Kabila doesn't fear Congo then he would have pulled a referendum like his allies in the Great Lakes region and all around him. Yes, there is no physical and armed resistance but it's a different story in therms of politics and the population.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
People are currently underestimating the political maturity of the citizens of that country I was there recently. If Kabila doesn't fear Congo then he would have pulled a referendum like his allies in the Great Lakes region and all around him. Yes, there is no physical and armed resistance but it's a different story in therms of politics and the population.

Sorry, I meant Kagame not fearing the Congo. Not Kabila.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Sorry, I meant Kagame not fearing the Congo. Not Kabila.

It's easy not to fear anyone when you have the unconditional support FOR THE MOMENT of the United States. Has anybody ever asked the question why Uganda and Rwanda weren't as bold to interfere in Congolese affairs when Mobutu was President? So let's not make the argument that Kagame/Museveni are some fearless warrior military minds. They are doing what they are doing because they have the unconditional support of western powers and specifically the US. Without the US, they wouldn't do what they are doing.

Hence authoritarian development as a result of unconditional support from outsiders is not sustainable especially when those outsiders are known to switch sides based on interests.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
It's easy not to fear anyone when you have the unconditional support FOR THE MOMENT of the United States. Has anybody ever asked the question why Uganda and Rwanda weren't as bold to interfere in Congolese affairs when Mobutu was President? So let's not make the argument that Kagame/Museveni are some fearless warrior military minds. They are doing what they are doing because they have the unconditional support of western powers and specifically the US. Without the US, they wouldn't do what they are doing.

Hence authoritarian development as a result of unconditional support from outsiders is not sustainable especially when those outsiders are known to switch sides based on interests.

I agree with you that Kagame/Museveni aren't military geniuses. Maybe Kabarebe could be described as a brilliant tactical thinker - but neither Kabarebe nor Kagame are great strategic thinkers outside of Rwanda's domestic politics. And even there, their regime probably won't last forever. However, the Rwandan people have been brainwashed/cowed into submission. The Rwadan police state is everywhere in the country.

thekyuke

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That skinny nikka is a psycho ruthless mass murderer hiding behind false narratives of genocide assisted by Zionists to rape the DRC. I'll chip in later with details-its Saturday here in Nairobi!!

tweedledum

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Rwa Gasabo
I agree with you that Kagame/Museveni aren't military geniuses. Maybe Kabarebe could be described as a brilliant tactical thinker - but neither Kabarebe nor Kagame are great strategic thinkers outside of Rwanda's domestic politics. And even there, their regime probably won't last forever. However, the Rwandan people have been brainwashed/cowed into submission. The Rwadan police state is everywhere in the country.

Not forever, no, but 2034. That's enough time for us to mature a little more, or at least enough to be ready for a successful transition. Thank the gods we did not kowtow to the international community that tried to shame and browbeat us into their ideas of democracy.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Per the Coli you shouldn't speak nor talk about places you haven't been. :mjpls:
I am Rwandan. I'll tell you this: Rwandans LOVE Kagame. It's not just the "internet warriors"; if anything, the common man loves him more than the elite. And why shouldn't they: they have health care where they once didn't; widespread rural electrification programs boosting small businesses; there are new roads being built; efforts to get all children into school; he listens to their complaints and gets things done when he visits the country side; he's provided a very basic welfare system "ubudehe" for the poorest of the poorest...etc.,etc.

Think about it; no matter what others - mostly disgruntled/greedy elites who feel like they aren't getting a fair share of the big pie, dissidents, Congolese and people related to genocidaires - have to say about him, the ordinary Rwandan sees a man who brought them back from hell and has given them back their dignity.

And as for the budget being held up by the 40% aid, well, it used to be 100%. Slow progress is better than no progress.

Is his style of government sustainable? That remains to be seen.
Muturuka he? Umunyamerika cyangwa Umunyarwanda

Last edited:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Not forever, no, but 2034. That's enough time for us to mature a little more, or at least enough to be ready for a successful transition. Thank the gods we did not kowtow to the international community that tried to shame and browbeat us into their ideas of democracy.

What 2034? What an arbitrary number. You really believe that a transition will take place then?
:mjlol:

tweedledum

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Rwa Gasabo
What 2034? What an arbitrary number. You really believe that a transition will take place then?
:mjlol:

It's not arbitrary. The referendum amended the constitution, giving him the right to be President until 2034 and you can bet your socks that we, the Rwandan people, will vote that he stays until then. And yes, I do believe a peaceful transition will take place then.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
It's not arbitrary. The referendum amended the constitution, giving him the right to be President until 2034 and you can bet your socks that we, the Rwandan people, will vote that he stays until then. And yes, I do believe a peaceful transition will take place then.

Theoretically, Kagame could be in power until he's 76
:francis:
Africans never learn.