The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman

"Not a single damn Black cable network is covering the @repjohnlewis U.S. Capitol ceremony right now."

Because those networks are not black owned, thanks in part to the Telecomm act that Rollie's boy William Jefferson Clinton signed into law.

Rollie always like to complain about the lack of "black owned" media but never addresses the reason why.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
"Not a single damn Black cable network is covering the @repjohnlewis U.S. Capitol ceremony right now."

Because those networks are not black owned, thanks in part to the Telecomm act that Rollie's boy William Jefferson Clinton signed into law.

Rollie always like to complain about the lack of "black owned" media but never addresses the reason why.
Disagree here. Roland has bona fide Black media credentials having been the editor of the Chicago Defender. He has spokenly openly about the reluctance of Black owned media to adapt as one of the main reasons for those platforms dying out.

The current Black owned or Black themed networks could have carried the ceremony or done live spots throughout the day. They just opted not to. Telecom Acts passed in the 1990s arent the reason that these channels opted to not cover the ceremony.

saturn7

Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Disagree here. Roland has bona fide Black media credentials having been the editor of the Chicago Defender. He has spokenly openly about the reluctance of Black owned media to adapt as one of the main reasons for those platforms dying out.

The current Black owned or Black themed networks could have carried the ceremony or done live spots throughout the day. They just opted not to. Telecom Acts passed in the 1990s arent the reason that these channels opted to not cover the ceremony.

Which channels are still black owned that you and Rollie are referring too?

saturn7

Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
I think TVONE & BOUNCETV are fully or partially Black owned

and whatever channels are part of Byron Allen's empire

I don't have cable so I haven't watched these channels in years. These "black focused" channels only focus on entertainment, sadly. The suits probably figured they would be wasting money if they invested in real news and reporting.

Right before Bob Johnson sold BET they were doing serious news and political coverage.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I don't have cable so I haven't watched these channels in years. These "black focused" channels only focus on entertainment, sadly. The suits probably figured they would be wasting money if they invested in real news and reporting.

Right before Bob Johnson sold BET they were doing serious news and political coverage.
BOUNCETV is a free over the air channel in most markets.

I forget which icon passed away a few years back, but Bounce carried the full funeral ceremony.

It's a disgrace for any Black owned or Black focused channel to have not at least run hourly spots between shows about the late John Lewis .
Youth target audience or not.

Encouraging ignorance.

BEN23

All Star
Daps
opportunity for yt people with money. they show a list of the people who benefit from the program with a picture.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
What he described with the way the protests are planned out and mostly peaceful until nighttime is exactly how it was down here too.