The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
THERE IS A WHOLE ASS ROLAND MARTIN THREAD, AND FOR ONCE IN MY MOTHER fukkING LIFE..... I FEEL SORRY FOR ASKING @Barnett114 TO MERGE THIS THREAD TO THAT THREAD

THIS INDIAN fakkitS LEVEL OF DISRESPECT? fukkING DISGUSTING.

THE POSTER TRULY NEEDS TO BE BANNED.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

This is true though

nah, the "new Black media" guys made themselves irrelevant about politics during prime political season. They are youtubers doing reaction videos and NOT any legit Black news media. Instead of trying to expand what they're doing and actually becoming reporters covering issues, they would rather point a finger at Roland's moves.
Same type of defeatist mentality that they promote to their viewers. Don't build yourself up, stay on the sidelines and wave your finger at others.

Roland is a champion for Black media, he promotes new talent, and tries to open avenues for others all the time. If he ever moves back up to network/cable news shows, he will retain his independent channel.

These youtubers are crabs in the barrel. "Hey he's just doing this news channel to get a bigger platform"
And?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Amazing episode today of straight fire

The military man speaking to Roland is the man who took over and stabilized the armed forces who were in New Orleans after Katrina. He's a no nonsense guy. I remember him SHOUTING at the soldiers to lower their gotdamned weapons as they were standing around in a city full of AMERICANS (and not enemy combatants)

He cut through the bureacracy and bullshyt....and got things moving. Now, a member who lived through Katrina can tell us how effective he was after the news stopped covering the flood.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
i get what the brother was saying about him being an embarrassment, i mean had he been a private citizen who did this no one would care much. black folks are viewed as a monolith in the country and had obama been caught up in something like this in office or even post-presidency, they'd never let us live it down. Obama scandalous-free presidency has become the baseline for which all future black political candidates will be measured:obama:. Obamas presidency made it possible for andrew yang to get as far as he did in his bid for the presidential office.