The Rock vs Roman was a “lock” for WM39 at the beginning of 2022…

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
We know he verbally said yes but didnt lock in

Doing the same now.

Although with the strike who knows how long this goes which would make Cody nervous but I dont think it happens

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
My homies went from shytting on the rock all day for this interview to typing “OMG” and “HOLY shyt” in all caps when his music hit

:mjpls:

Wrestling fans full of shyt
Like I said It was all 🧢

They couldn’t even have this thread buried so no one could pull receipts

Rock returned on the same day lmao

• Dap
Reactions: R=G
Daps
Y'all heard that pop on Smackdown?
And some of you acting like this wouldn't be possibly the biggest match ever?

That pop was something else. I haven’t watched wrestling close enough to follow a storyline since HHH v Sting. I’m def tuning in they’re gonna run a Rock angle.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe him as far as sitting down with Nick Khan and Vince and agreeing to a WM match depending on how 2022 worked out for all parts involved.

The "WM as the beggining of something instead of the ending" sounds like Rock's pitch wasn't accepted. Maybe he wanted to turn and lead the Bloodline? or create his own stable and feud with the Bloodline for a couple of PLE's?

I doubt he pitched doing a 6 month thing wher ehe leads the bloodline and they turned it down. From the sounds of it, they didn't really ever come up with an idea beyond "Rock vs Roman for the title, pass the torch, bloodline showdown".

From the sounds of it, Rock knows that idea would work, sell tickets, put Roman over, etc, but having not come back for a match in 10 yrs, and with this almost certainly being his last program now, he really wants it to be more than just "good" and is waiting for that special angle/idea to go out on.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He tore his hamstring at wrestlemania 28 vs cena too from what I’ve read. It’s ok for us to move on from needing to see him wrestle another match. It sucked that he left at 32 (the same age HBK was when he left with a broken back) but he hasn’t been a full time wrestler for 21 & 1/2 years now. He went 7 years & 8 months in between matches before survivor series 2011, worked just 5 matches over those next 16 months, and it’s now been 10 years & 6 months since that last match. He’s now 3-4 years older than hogan was at the time of rock vs hogan at wrestlemania and his cardio was bad 11-12 years ago. I just don’t see how it could live up to the hype. Plenty of wrestlers can still deliver at 41-42 like he was in his matches with cena & punk. At 52-53? I can’t think of anyone.

Hogan had great matches with Rock and Vince at around 50, Austin had a good one with Kevin owens last year. Ric Flair had a few. Before Goldberg overstayed his welcome, his final program with Brock was great at age 50.

I don't think Rock has a great 1 yr run in him, and we probably wouldn't see it even if he did, but I bet he could come back and have a good final 3 month program and Mania match.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I'd love to see Rock wrestle in another big match. But if he looks bad in the ring... I mean that's one of the very all time greats, you'd hate to see him doing bad.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I don't wanna see Rock versus Reigns. Rock is beyond :flabbynsick: wrestling wise now and I have no desire to ever see him wrestle again.
:unimpressed:

You're bugging.... did you see the way he snapped that spinebuster.... his timing was a little off (he leaned down before theory bounced off the ropes) but its been a while. The actual move was probably the cleanest thing I've seen on WWE TV in a long ass time. And it looked painful. Most wrestlers lack believability in their moves... and mind you im talking about a guy who does the peoples elbow lmao

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Confusing thread title. 2022 probably would've been the perfect time for a Roman/Rock match at Mania 38. I would've taken that over the 1,338th time that Roman/Brock wrestled, but now? Idk. It seems like that ship has sailed. Roman and Rock would probably have to be non-title at this point with The Rock coming in to knock Roman, who is on some King Lear madness type of shyt after losing his title to Cody/Seth/Jey/etc. etc., off a peg. Of course, the ending to the match is a foregone conclusion. Rock loses, then acknowledges Roman as his Tribal Chief, and goes back off to Hollywood.