The Rock vs Roman was a “lock” for WM39 at the beginning of 2022…

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This is my thing too, Rock at like 50/51 years old is only doing it to job to Roman.

It would sell tickets for Mania, but eh I can't say I particularly want to see it as someone who follows wrestling closely. Casuals would love it, but WM is already doing crazy sales numbers now and its not even January. I don't want to see a predictable match of Rock jobbing to Roman when Rock hasn't had an impressive match and wrestles so infrequently. We already know Cody and Roman can put on a great match together and you have the whole Philadelphia (rocky angle).

I think what they could do is Roman vs Cody at Philadelphia and they could do Roman vs Rock (non-title) as a redemption match to Roman at Summer Slam...like Roman trying to win his tribe back after he loses his title and everyone abandons him. Storyline wise that could be about Roman proving himself once more that he is strong enough to lead, and then you could do Roman vs Cody III and whoever they want to win, wins that.

I think that could be some great writing actually.

Keep thinking Cody in any mainevent of a major show is worthwhile.

Cody trash ass will fukk it all up royally. Just like in roh, njpw, and aew.

Stop believe'n the nepotism.

Cody came back to the wwe.
Simply because cody can not and never could hang with any indie workers.

That his nepotism wwe in house trained bullshyt got readily exposed every match.

We can pull up the ring of honor ring on honor matches with Daniel's. Which are the beginning litmus test. To the njpw main event he botched as well.
To his actual self imposed no title belt ruling selection in aew.

As everyone and also cody knew from njpw.
Cody was and will not be a great enough worker outside the wwe dialed back workrate to get people interested.

I see Cody has continued to pull this con job as a worker. When his brother still and was always light years better in every possible way.
Cody is best as a character actor style work. Why he dissed stardust and the wwe originally. When they already knew what and where his potential as an actual inring worker was and would ultimately end.
Now maybe it is cool f'oh the dialed back workrste that occurs in the wwe. Yet in the grand scheme as a worker. Cody already exposed he was just a child of nepotism.

Art Barr

Do not try and defend Cody either.

I can bring up the receipts.
to when Cody trash ass ruined njpw just for starters.

• Dap
Reactions: CJ

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
does Roman/Rock have to be at Wrestlemania, couldnt it be done at Royal Rumble?

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Confusing thread title. 2022 probably would've been the perfect time for a Roman/Rock match at Mania 38. I would've taken that over the 1,338th time that Roman/Brock wrestled, but now? Idk. It seems like that ship has sailed. Roman and Rock would probably have to be non-title at this point with The Rock coming in to knock Roman, who is on some King Lear madness type of shyt after losing his title to Cody/Seth/Jey/etc. etc., off a peg. Of course, the ending to the match is a foregone conclusion. Rock loses, then acknowledges Roman as his Tribal Chief, and goes back off to Hollywood.

This is just a theory, but I feel like they wanted to do Rock/Roman much earlier and they couldn't because of the pandemic. 37 was originally supposed to be in Los Angeles before COVID hit. Those two years passing might have played a factor in the match not happening. Doing it then would have still generated excitement. Doing it now seems pointless when there's nothing to gain from it.

It's also why Becky/Ronda was rumored this year or the year before, but nobody would want to see that match now and it’s probably off the table. Timing is everything when it comes to booking matches.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because Wrestlemania is gonna sell out regardless
That's not how WWE does things though. The only other place I could see it is Saudi.

That his nepotism wwe in house trained bullshyt got readily exposed every match.

We can pull up the ring of honor ring on honor matches with Daniel's. Which are the beginning litmus test. To the njpw main event he botched as well.

Cody was and will not be a great enough worker outside the wwe dialed back workrate to get people interested.

I see Cody has continued to pull this con job as a worker. When his brother still and was always light years better in every possible way.
Cody is best as a character actor style work. Why he dissed stardust and the wwe originally. When they already knew what and where his potential as an actual inring worker was and would ultimately end.
Now maybe it is cool f'oh the dialed back workrste that occurs in the wwe. Yet in the grand scheme as a worker. Cody already exposed he was just a child of nepotism.

Art Barr

Doesn't matter to me I'm still a bigger present day Cody fan than I am a Rock fan

:yeshrug:
Sometimes you just gotta accept don't always get what you want. I know what does business.

And Rock vs Reigns is a no brainer at Mania no way they don't do that if he's willing at WM 40 and put Reigns on top as a GOAT to cap off at 40.

I just personally don't prefer it but its what it is

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Storyline wise it would be a good last head of the table moment for him to go over Rock at Mania but also feel like it should have happened two years ago or last year. They didn't need to do Roman vs Brock two times, in what I think were mostly forgettable matches. Now that people want to see Roman against someone else, Roman vs Rock would still do great numbers because of who Rock is but in terms of story would feel like a loss or out of place.
It should have happened this year at so fi stadium.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Art Barr

I say give Cody a chance and lets see what happens because eventually making Roman a forever champ will hurt the development other wrestlers imo.