The reveal of Robert Downey Jr as Doctor Doom.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Exactly,just give us X-Men and lets move on:francis:

Couldve easily casted a new Iron Man and a new Dr Doom by now if they werent dragging their feet.

So Tony stark has been Iron Man,Uncle Ben and now Dr Doom:gucci:?

IMO they had an easy way to recast and give the fans something to latch onto. Use fan favorite costumes that haven’t been used yet.

For example they could have saved the yellow or brown suit Wolverine (just pick one) for the recast. That way you can use one in Deadpool and then give the first on screen showing of the other suit to the recast.

You could easily do that for Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, etc….. Anyone you want to recast give them a suit the fans like and bingo.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IMO they had an easy way to recast and give the fans something to latch onto. Use fan favorite costumes that haven’t been used yet.

For example they could have saved the yellow or brown suit Wolverine (just pick one) for the recast. That way you can use one in Deadpool and then give the first on screen showing of the other suit to the recast.

You could easily do that for Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, etc….. Anyone you want to recast give them a suit the fans like and bingo.

I dont think fans even need a different suit to be honest. Why not just move on to a new universe thats centered around the Xmen all together?

Iron Man,Thor,Cap, would just be side characters in that universe. And the ones who stand out can maybe have their own movies. But are we really about to stay in this same time line,but just have a bunch of different "variants":comeon:?

I was anticipating the Tom Cruise as Iron Man rumor. But I guess its RDJ back as Doom for another 10 years. And if its not that,you just wasted one of your biggest villians for one film? Rather than build him up to be the next Thanos type character?

Sadly MCU has lost its shine folks:francis:

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
clapping-what.gif
Yo, where is this gif from? :russ: I've been trying to figure it out for the longest.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Let's keep it a buck.....Kang even as Majors was always underwhelming and quantum

It was an after credit scene....and throwaway
Exactly. I like Jonathan Majors as an actor and he was cool as Kang, but that character is cool as a major Disney+ Marvel villain. The character wasn't going to be the main protagonist in multiple Billion $+ film franchises.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont think fans even need a different suit to be honest. Why not just move on to a new universe thats centered around the Xmen all together?

Iron Man,Thor,Cap, would just be side characters in that universe. And the ones who stand out can maybe have their own movies. But are we really about to stay in this same time line,but just have a bunch of different "variants":comeon:?

I was anticipating the Tom Cruise as Iron Man rumor. But I guess its RDJ back as Doom for another 10 years. And if its not that,you just wasted one of your biggest villians for one film? Rather than build him up to be the next Thanos type character?

Sadly MCU has lost its shine folks:francis:
I don’t think he’s going to be doom for 10 years. From everything I’ve read the plan is to reset and reboot the entire MCU after this phase. So we might have an entirely different actor playing doom after that who knows.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think he’s going to be doom for 10 years. From everything I’ve read the plan is to reset and reboot the entire MCU after this phase. So we might have an entirely different actor playing doom after that who knows.

Well in that case this seems like a waste of Doom. This is like when Zack Snyder said "That wasnt the real Doomsday,it was just a teaser Doomsday,the real Doomsday is still out there:mjgrin:".

Will people want to see Doom again right after seeing Doom? But i guess if its going to be all about XMen rather than Avengers for the next 30 years,it really wont matter:blessed:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. I like Jonathan Majors as an actor and he was cool as Kang, but that character is cool as a major Disney+ Marvel villain. The character wasn't going to be the main protagonist in multiple Billion $+ film franchises.

So yall gon act like we didnt witness all that Kang hype and build up in real time:gucci:

People are doing some hindsight 20/20 here. Somebody had the bright idea of putting Kang in that weak Ant Man movie,and making him look even weaker. Basically killing all of the momentum of the character. So at that point,yes it was obvious that character couldnt be a lead villian. I honestly believe theres a chance that Marvel put that white woman up to putting that charge on Jonathan. After seeing the lackluster reaction from fans about Kang,they needed an out. Hes a black man,he had become a media darling and newest sensation. They couldnt just say "we are going in a different direction:mjpls:". Easier to make it look like he made a mistake,than admit they did.

Only reason i havent spoken out is because he found a good woman through the ordeal. Sometimes God works through Satan:respect:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Why can’t Dr Doom be who he is supposed to be. They feel they fukked up so bad killing off everyone that now they bringing evil variants.

I hope we get a legit Dr Doom some day.

Not feeling it.

Fukc all this fan fic shyt. Just put what's in the comics on the damn screen.

They done fukced Doom up a couple times already.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
So yall gon act like we didnt witness all that Kang hype and build up in real time:gucci:

People are doing some hindsight 20/20 here. Somebody had the bright idea of putting Kang in that weak Ant Man movie,and making him look even weaker. Basically killing all of the momentum of the character.
So at that point,yes it was obvious that character couldnt be a lead villian. I honestly believe theres a chance that Marvel put that white woman up to putting that charge on Jonathan. After seeing the lackluster reaction from fans about Kang,they needed an out. Hes a black man,he had become a media darling and newest sensation. They couldnt just say "we are going in a different direction:mjpls:". Easier to make it look like he made a mistake,than admit they did.

Only reason i havent spoken out is because he found a good woman through the ordeal. Sometimes God works through Satan:respect:
Yeah, I'm talking about the character now, after getting beat by Antman and after Loki Season 2. Still a solid villain, just doesn't seem like you can build multiple Billion $ Avengers movies around him.