The Rehearsal By Nathan Fielder HBO

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just finished the finale. I’ve had some complaints but over all this was a great show. It’s impossible to truly explain what makes the show so good but one mintue it’s funny and then the next it’s something emotional. One mintue I’m like Nathan is a genius and then the next I’m thinking Nathan is kind of evil lowkey and the Villian on this show. The levels and the extent that Nathan will go to, to go back and see if he could have done things differently is unmatched. The inception levels have you :mindblown: all the time wondering is this real? Or just another rehearsal. Bravo for creating a show that is truly unique and different than anything else out while still being entertaining
That's why dude is a genius. This is his second time doing it. Nathan For You, specifically 2 eps: taking over Corey's life and improving it and helping a Bill Gates impersonator find his high school sweetheart are also unique next level entertainment.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Imagine the greatest message board troll you've ever seen in your life. Double that. Then imagine if that person worked in real life as a nerdy, socially awkward business consultant. Now imagine that person using their epic trolling skills in real life scenarios without ever, ever, ever breaking character, just to see how far people will go.

That's pretty much the premise for Nathan For You. His schemes were somehow simultaneously so ridiculous and so believable that he broke the confines of the show and made real-life national news 3-4 times. Like literally trolling the entire country.
The way I found that show was because I saw a segment where he paid a really fit guy to claim that he got into shape only by doing at home workouts moving furniture. Then Nathan hired a ghostwriter to create an autobiography for the guy that he would use to market a new workout plan based on moving furniture. The dude wound up on news stations giving interviews about a completely made up life and selling a completely made up workout.

...but the best part is all of this was to help a moving company get free labor from people that thought they were moving the furniture for a workout.

I'm 4 episodes into this new series and it's completely bonkers. This dude is a genius.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way I found that show was because I saw a segment where he paid a really fit guy to claim that he got into shape only by doing at home workouts moving furniture. Then Nathan hired a ghostwriter to create an autobiography for the guy that he would use to market a new workout plan based on moving furniture. The dude wound up on news stations giving interviews about a completely made up life and selling a completely made up workout.

...but the best part is all of this was to help a moving company get free labor from people that thought they were moving the furniture for a workout.

I'm 4 episodes into this new series and it's completely bonkers. This dude is a genius.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep coming back to about two or three times when Nathan asked the actor's is he a good dad and they would always say "he's a good scene partner" it's like that shot hurt him deep
Here's the sublime part of the series:
Compare fake Angela screaming at Nathan that he'll 'never feel anything' to the emotion welling up when he's playing the fake Remy's Mom and flubs & is his Dad.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna lie, that shyt with the Remy kid was sad as fukk.

Also, it's funny how he went through all that reflection to understand how he could have avoided that situation, when the easy and obvious way to prevent that kind of fukkery would be to simply not hire kid actors that don't have their father around for that kind of role to begin with.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not gonna lie, that shyt with the Remy kid was sad as fukk.

Also, it's funny how he went through all that reflection to understand how he could have avoided that situation, when the easy and obvious way to prevent that kind of fukkery would be to simply not hire kid actors that don't have their father around for that kind of role to begin with.
Man hired some six year old boys with no father in the house, gave him attention and affection, then went :jbhmm:when they grew attached.

johnnydakota

Star, "Skateboard High"
Supporter
Daps
Anybody in here check out the show Paul T Goldman? Streaming on Peacock, 6 episodes, most are around 30 minutes, the finale is a bit longer.

It was made by Jason Woliner who directed the latest Borat, and more importantly a few episodes of Nathan For You. The show is pretty out there, it’s uncomfortable at times but it’s also hilarious, definitely some Rehearsal/Nathan For You vibes. Don't want to say anything more, I know some people would rather go into something like this without any idea of what’s about to go down.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I figured this is the place where the most likely fans of this show would be.