The real “Next Gen” gameplay everybody missed.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Days of the week don’t matter I’m a nonessential employee.

Been Friday for 3 months now:why:
full

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who you calling a dumb fukk while being dumb as fukk? On purpose too!

Yesterday you couldn't stop telling us Unreal Engine 5 wasn't anything to be excited about and that it's also on current gen platforms yadda yadda and I even told you the current gen wouldn't have all the technological features of UE5 on older platforms.

Fast forward today and you thought you had a hit thread by posting a game that was shown at GDC 2020 for PC(out on early access now on Steam) and saying it's next gen gameplay... I ask if THAT'S next gen gameplay since it was in the highlight reel for MS's showing, then is Madden 21, Yakuza or Dirt 5 also next gen gameplay?
never said it was “nothing to be excited about”

I was simply realistic about it in saying it’s just a tech demo and a real game would have to make some concessions to work.

Only reason I mentioned the engine working on all different platforms was because people were incorrectly claiming that it could only be done on PS5 and that a “next gen” game couldn’t scale down to lower hardware.

I was the only one in there actually trying to have a conversation about the tech and it’s implications on real games.

Which brings us to this thread. Only posted it to show next gen graphical features actually running in a game during gameplay.

As far as I know this is the best example of that. If people want to know what early “next gen” games will look like. This is a good example. If this was Killzone 5 y’all would be in here drooling about how great it looks.

You just can’t not see stan shyt. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

Ar least @Rekkapryde be playing around. You a legit weirdo:huhldup:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I was simply realistic about it in saying it’s just a tech demo and a real game would have to make some concessions to work.

Only reason I mentioned the engine working on all different platforms was because people were incorrectly claiming that it could only be done on PS5 and that a “next gen” game couldn’t scale down to lower hardware.

I was the only one in there actually trying to have a conversation about the tech and it’s implications on real games.

Which brings us to this thread. Only posted it to show next gen graphical features actually running in a game during gameplay.

As far as I know this is the best example of that. If people want to know what early “next gen” games will look like. This is a good example.

Ok :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
there was already a youtube playing this on the ps4 pro and it looks the same, yall xbox fans are the worst stans in the history of videogames, how can a stan a system that has no games, this shyt is unheard of

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

As far as I know this is the best example of that. If people want to know what early “next gen” games will look like. This is a good example. If this was Killzone 5 y’all would be in here drooling about how great it looks.

In the past they used a lot of target render videos, all of them were guilty of this. Target render videos that weren't even playable and mostly made on high powered PCs to simulate updcoming consoles.

the thing that made the UE5 demo get people so hyped was it wasn't a target prerendered video. It was something that was running and being played on an actual upcoming next gen console. it also wasn't a cross gen game or something currently on PC, etc. Exclusive to next gen period and playable. No one even gave a shyt it was 1440p30 because of the other next gen elements the UE5 engine demo showed.

Hopefully in July MS will show something that isn't cross gen in their presentation. A graphics upgrade is always a given, albeit we are really approaching the point of diminishing returns, but there are other next gen related elements they can show.

Just leave Greenberg out of it.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
I'm surprised there isnt much noise about MS flight simulator 2020, its by far the only thing that I would call absolutely groundbreaking and "next gen" for multiple reasons.

Its uses MS cloud and Bing's 2 PB worth of topographic data to create a huge map that represent the planet to scale. It is a complete seamless recreation of the entire planet, to 1:1 scale at street level detail.

Every town, city and street. You can fly to your street recognise you house building etc The weather is also real time and corresponds with real life weather, so if its raining in new york irl, in the game it will rain in new york as well.

I might just leave consoles alone and build a PC :patrice:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In the past they used a lot of target render videos, all of them were guilty of this. Target render videos that weren't even playable and mostly made on high powered PCs to simulate updcoming consoles.

the thing that made the UE5 demo get people so hyped was it wasn't a target prerendered video. It was something that was running and being played on an actual upcoming next gen console. it also wasn't a cross gen game or something currently on PC, etc. Exclusive to next gen period and playable. No one even gave a shyt it was 1440p30 because of the other next gen elements the UE5 engine demo showed.
People are ignorant. They don’t understand what they are looking at or what they want. They just go with the hype.

That was a Tech Demo no different than any other tech demo before it. They just had the walking/climbing stuff to make it more convincing. Half of the demo and the most impressive part of the demo was non-interactive basically movies. Same as every other tech demo.

The goal of the demo wasn’t even to show what a next gen game will look like overall, it was to show off the individual graphical features in a best case scenario. When devs go to make a game, they can’t have everything so they will pick and chose what features work for their game.

And to keep it 100% had Microsoft showed off that same demo the reactions would have been “that’s just a tech demo Xbox got no games” be honest with yourself and admit that.

I posted this game as an example of Next Gen features actually running in a working game.
It’s the only example of that out right now as far as I know.

Hopefully in July MS will show something that isn't cross gen in their presentation. A graphics upgrade is always a given, albeit we are really approaching the point of diminishing returns, but there are other next gen related elements they can show.

Just leave Greenberg out of it.
Not sure why this has to be an Xbox vs PlayStation thing. Both the epic demo and this trailer are 3rd party products that will be found on lots of different hardware.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
People are ignorant. They don’t understand what they are looking at or what they want. They just go with the hype.

That was a Tech Demo no different than any other tech demo before it. They just had the walking/climbing stuff to make it more convincing. Half of the demo and the most impressive part of the demo was non-interactive basically movies. Same as every other tech demo.

The goal of the demo wasn’t even to show what a next gen game will look like overall, it was to show off the individual graphical features in a best case scenario. When devs go to make a game, they can’t have everything so they will pick and chose what features work for their game.

And to keep it 100% had Microsoft showed off that same demo the reactions would have been “that’s just a tech demo Xbox got no games” be honest with yourself and admit that.

I posted this game as an example of Next Gen features actually running in a working game.
It’s the only example of that out right now as far as I know.

Not sure why this has to be an Xbox vs PlayStation thing. Both the epic demo and this trailer are 3rd party products that will be found on lots of different hardware.

don't agree with the bolded. a lot of those past shyts we saw weren't even playable or if if they were, they were running on high end PCs at the time. That's a big difference you can't just brush aside.