The Raid 2: Berandal Full trailer

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Any other martial arts movie like the raid? How was Special Id with Donnie Yen?

Pales in comparison. Special ID has its moments but it's a lesser entry in Donny's recent catalog, which means it isn't touching The Raid by a mile.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I have never been thi. xcited after watching a trailer...

By no means am I holding judgement from this, as evans already have my Ingrained support and trust.special id had a buzz plus the trailer had heads in panic mode only to be hugely down, but berandal is promissing something insane.

Last edited:

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They fukked around and did an extremely limited release in NY for the first movie so I missed out unfortunately. IDGAF if they're only showing this in Yonkers, I'm seeing this in the theater.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I need to rewatch raid... I remember really enjoying the fight scenes but other than that the movie was extremely flat. sometimes it's hard for me to enjoy things that are only excellent in a few aspects. like, this movie has sick action and fight scenes but the story and dialogue is simplistic/flat and there is little to no character development. I guess that's not why people go to see a movie like this, but how badass would it be if they made a real movie with a compelling storyline and compelling fleshed-out characters AND top-notch fight and action scenes.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I need to rewatch raid... I remember really enjoying the fight scenes but other than that the movie was extremely flat. sometimes it's hard for me to enjoy things that are only excellent in a few aspects. like, this movie has sick action and fight scenes but the story and dialogue is simplistic/flat and there is little to no character development. I guess that's not why people go to see a movie like this, but how badass would it be if they made a real movie with a compelling storyline and compelling fleshed-out characters AND top-notch fight and action scenes.

Seems like the direction the sequel is taking.

Anyway the first movie was a Die Hard scenario. Those type of movies aren't really deep or complex like that.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Seems like the direction the sequel is taking.

Anyway the first movie was a Die Hard scenario. Those type of movies aren't really deep or complex like that.
yeah it just lacked stuff that makes something like die hard great, character development, it's telling a story, good dialogue and funny humor etc. hopefully the sequel is better in those regards. I'm still gonna peep it for the action alone though :pachaha:

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
yeah it just lacked stuff that makes something like die hard great, character development, it's telling a story, good dialogue and funny humor etc. hopefully the sequel is better in those regards. I'm still gonna peep it for the action alone though :pachaha:

imo the raid was great because it stripped down the story and character development to the bare minimum. the sole function of the story was to move the movie from one fight to another. i could care less bout all that melodrama and comedy shyt that hollywood adds into their action movies because the american audiences demand it, just bogs everything down.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Thats what it was intending to do. fukk all that character development and throwing in some cheesy ass female love interest bullshyt that every American geared action movie does. The first one was just one brutal ass fight scene after another that was choreographed beautifully. This one seems to have a little more depth and delivering on everything you wanted the first one to be. As long as I get my amazing fight scenes with Madd Dog I'm good

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Lacking things that make Die Hard great? Character development? Nah, breh. Both movies are kind of telling the same story about a regular but determined guy thrown into a fukked up situation trying to make it out alive, Rama and McClane don't have much character development outside of that.

And It's not fair to dock it for no humor since The Raid wasn't trying to be funny.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Lacking things that make Die Hard great? Character development? Nah, breh. Both movies are kind of telling the same story about a regular but determined guy thrown into a fukked up situation trying to make it out alive, Rama and McClane don't have much character development outside of that.

And It's not fair to dock it for no humor since The Raid wasn't trying to be funny.
Exactly. The best action movies get straight to the point and waste little of the watchers time. They know what we want so lets stop fukking around and dive head first into the shyt....I aint got all day. Die Hard didnt really have any character development for John McClaine at all or Hans. You knew that John was a cop and going through some shyt with his wife and Hans is the main bad guy. 20 minutes into it bodies are dropping and Germans with small feet are getting their necks broke falling down the stairs and getting shoved into elevators with bloody messages smeared on their shirts and machine guns getting jacked. The rest is nonstop action and history.