The Race Track will be a TLR Sub-Forum no longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bad idea. I understand the need for a "race track" but it was fine as a subforum in TLR. Just makes the board feel more disjointed with it tucked away way at the bottom of the forum. TLR is a place for "life" discussions, right? Alot of the discussions in the race track are consistent with the discussions in TLR...unless TLR is really there just to discuss females/relationship type shyt...which if so, kinda makes the section one dimensional & bland. And the biggest thread in TLR history is a race thread. Race is just apart of "locker room" type discussion in "our" community.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
If race is that important of an issue to you all, shouldn't it deserve it's own forum? TLR is about "life" discussions. That INCLUDES race, not only race. Now you have a one stop shop for all of your race discussions. So, can someone please tell me why it's so important that you all discuss race in this particular forum but will gladly visit other subforums to discuss everything else?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
If race is that important of an issue to you all, shouldn't it deserve it's own forum? TLR is about "life" discussions. That INCLUDES race, not only race. Now you have a one stop shop for all of your race discussions. So, can someone please tell me why it's so important that you all discuss race in this particular forum but will gladly visit other subforums to discuss everything else?

the thing is we already know it will be a rarely used form

so posting there would be useless

Racism is faced in LIFE

which is why it should be discussed in TLR

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I understand that you want to make the majority of the forum posters and lurkers (white people and other non-blacks) feel comfortable on here.

Just understand that tucking race issues away in a nice little corner or pretending it doesn't exist won't make the problem go away anytime soon.

But do you by all means.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
the thing is we already know it will be a rarely used form

so posting there would be useless

Racism is faced in LIFE

which is why it should be discussed in TLR

But that's what I want to understand; why will it be rarely used? You all obviously want to have these discussions so feel free to have them. Here's a whole forum for them that is easily accessible. We have to think of others who don't want to be bombarded with race threads all day. Also, by moving all race threads to the new forum there will be less incentive to post race bait in TLR or in the new forum period. It's a lot of grown men on here who want to show out and pull at women's pigtails and I guess some are afraid the women aren't going to go into the race track and debate about hair weaves or feminism.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I understand that you want to make the majority of the forum posters and lurkers (white people and other non-blacks) feel comfortable on here.

Just understand that tucking race issues away in a nice little corner or pretending it doesn't exist won't make the problem go away anytime soon.

But do you by all means.

Yes, making the Race Track a main forum, accessible to all, is tucking away racial issues.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
But that's what I want to understand; why will it be rarely used? You all obviously want to have these discussions so feel free to have them. Here's a whole forum for them that is easily accessible. We have to think of others who don't want to be bombarded with race threads all day. Also, by moving all race threads to the new forum there will be less incentive to post race bait in TLR or in the new forum period. It's a lot of grown men on here who want to show out and pull at women's pigtails and I guess some are afraid the women aren't going to go into the race track and debate about hair weaves or feminism.
it will be rarely used because "most" dont post numerous threads about race
"most" come to TLR as a one stop shop place

so if something race related happened that day they want to speak on it
along with posting in the other threads about various stuff

The coli just needs to ban or take away the thread making abilities for the posters who make 8394927 race trolling threads and women bashing ones

hell i dont even go into many of the sub-forums here so i def would not post on a whole new forum

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Yes, making the Race Track a main forum, accessible to all, is tucking away racial issues.

If you want a well rounded discussion on something it has to be in the main forum (not that TLR is the main forum of the Coli, but it is for regular life discussions). When you push the race topics into their own forum only people who have an agenda to serve will continue to visit that forum and it becomes a wasteland for crackpots (just look at Higher Learning). I dont log onto the Coli waiting to see what new racial issue topic i can discuss, if i come across it then yeah ill partake but its not something i come here for, get my drift? Ill come here specifically to discuss sports, music, games, movies, but not racism.

If you feel like its something that needs to take place then at least take care that when a major race topic comes up you keep it in TLR. That way we all can discuss it.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The coli just needs to ban or take away the thread making abilities for the posters who make 8394927 race trolling threads and women bashing ones

That would be much, much worse. We got strong backlash for banning Yung Yogurt for posting dikk pictures. Removing thread making abilities is censorship on SOHH levels.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That would be much, much worse. We got strong backlash for banning Yung Yogurt for posting dikk pictures. Removing thread making abilities is censorship on SOHH levels.
well we both know u cant make everyone happy

so

i will shut up

i still will post here

i do understand that the trolling ass race threads and women bashing ones is some BS

Status
Not open for further replies.